Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo9 hard pipe kits

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2006, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4G63
Wow, those are a bit pricy for IC pipes!!
Indeed. I do like the 2.5" outlet pipe though. Can't believe no one else has done this.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 316 Likes on 248 Posts
Originally Posted by 4G63
Wow, those are a bit pricy for IC pipes!!
I have always done my own fabrication as you can see from the projects on my website. Unfortunately, I moved into a new house last year and have been too lazy to wire up my welders. Actually, I now have the 100amp breaker installed and ran the wires, but have yet to hook them to the welders. I just work too much with my day job.

Yes, the pipes are a bit pricey, but Hoover is a good buddy of mine and I like to promote his products when I can. I think the LICP design is the best that I have seen offered and the hoses are made custom in house for this kit. The hoses are also gauranteed not to fail. He sells hoses to many of the major vendors on this forum for their kits.

It is hard to compete, price wise, with stuff coming out of the Asian market. I tend to want to support US when I can and there is something to be said for customer service.

To be fair to the EVO guys, if you have the VIII I would purchase the LICP from TurboHoses.Com as the design has shown to produce substantial gains. From what I have seen and read, most of the inexpensive UICP will work just as well as what TurboHoses.Com offers and at a fraction of the price.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go with the injen ones.