Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ATP GT3076R - Impressions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2006, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm all about bang for the buck. Smokin, very interested to see what kind of numbers you put down with the 3076. Over 400 whp for $2500 seems like a hell of a deal to me. Now we get to see if this set up delivers.

Guys, smokinJoe has offered to test and compare this turbo setup to stock and share his info. Get off his back and let him test it out. Let the numbers talk here vs speculating.....

Any time we can get concrete tangible results on a setup, everyone on the forum benefits and can make a more informed decision on future mod purchases
Old Sep 13, 2006, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SmokinJoe

BTW - the Megan header is $199 bucks on Ebay. Not a large expense that takes the ATP kit into the territory of a Vishnu or Buschur.
Well it sounds like you are trying to compare them from this statement.

Look. We are just trying to tell you what others have said and HELP you. Not bash you. Calm down. Proceed with your experiment. Post it. I hope you hav great results. Your car makes such great power now...it would suck to throw on a turbo that was less than stellar for lets say 20 more HP on the topend with 100ft/lbs less torque (just throwing a number out there)

I wish you good luck Prove us wrong.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bsautoperform

Guys, smokinJoe has offered to test and compare this turbo setup to stock and share his info. Get off his back and let him test it out. Let the numbers talk here vs speculating.....

Any time we can get concrete tangible results on a setup, everyone on the forum benefits and can make a more informed decision on future mod purchases
What you fail to understand because you didnt search for hours on the subject is that this HAS BEEN done already and proven to make substantially less spool and power compared to a true Garrett hotside.

Smokin has taken the time to match port the flange. That will be the biggest result of HIS test.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by scorke
Using a divided manifold with a non divided turbo housing makes zero sense, if you can show me something that proves otherwise I would be greatly interested. I bet any undivided manifold made for the SR20 provides decent gains pending it isnt designed by a 4th grader.
Actually, it makes pretty good sense. It's trying to take advantage of pulse tuning; if you look at one of the Nissan manifolds (and probably the Evos too), the runners from cylinders 1-4 are paired, and 2-3 are paired up. Cyl. 1 is opposite of 4, 2 opposite of 3 in the firing cycle. So it helps with exhaust scavaging, blah blah blah.

Joe, I picked up an 05 EVO last week... the SE-R is sitting back in G'ville.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Spdracerut, I never said using a divided manifold was a bad idea, I said using a divided manifold without using a divided housing makes zero sense. If your going to take the time to divide the manifold, you might aswell have a divided turbo housing which again would improve the low end of the turbo/engine a whole lot, while dumping it into a big open housing as opposed to a divided one will yield worse results.

Scorke
Old Sep 13, 2006, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by scorke
Spdracerut, I never said using a divided manifold was a bad idea, I said using a divided manifold without using a divided housing makes zero sense. If your going to take the time to divide the manifold, you might aswell have a divided turbo housing which again would improve the low end of the turbo/engine a whole lot, while dumping it into a big open housing as opposed to a divided one will yield worse results. Scorke
This makes sense!
Old Sep 13, 2006, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

It makes sense in regards to helping get the exh out of the engine as Speed mentioned. Period. These are the benefits of the divided manifold. Again - the divided scroll is simply taking advantage of this.

ATL -
Remember I said this is an unbiased review. We all came to the conclusion the other tests on this forum could have had other factors affecting spool and backpressure. We weren't 100% certain it was the housing. We knew it was contributing - but we didnt know how much. Maybe my porting will help - and maybe it wont.

We wont know until its strapped down.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bsautoperform

Absolutely! I couldnt have said it better. What if this turbo makes 400whp at 23psi?
Old Sep 13, 2006, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

400whp at 23 psi is not out of the realm of possibility, it's your tq that will suffer mostly. Also, if this kit makes 400whp at 23psi 100x as many people would be running it, we all didnt spend an extra 1k+ for nothing.

Good Luck, I hope you prove all previous results wrong, I think between the orientation of the housing in relation to the turbine, the placement of the waste gate you will have a tough time hitting your marks, your TQ should be the biggest indicator of how far off the kit is performing.

Scorke
Old Sep 13, 2006, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SmokinJoe, don’t mind scorke he is Vishnu supporter and he will do anything and I mean anything to prove that vishnu products are the best (when in reality they suck).

Even if you would get BR, full race and other turbo kits he would still be posting to prove to you and others that Vishnu kit is the way to go.

FWIW Vishnu kit sits very low in the engine compartment and many turbo collars have failed (they opened like bean cans because they are cheap made and the material is very thin)

Scork, leave the guy do his testing as we are all thankful to Joe for his hard work and time. He is brining great help to these forums and you are brining nothing but Vishnu crap.

For god sake
Old Sep 13, 2006, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Az3ar
SmokinJoe, don’t mind scorke he is Vishnu supporter and he will do anything and I mean anything to prove that vishnu products are the best (when in reality they suck).

Even if you would get BR, full race and other turbo kits he would still be posting to prove to you and others that Vishnu kit is the way to go.

FWIW Vishnu kit sits very low in the engine compartment and many turbo collars have failed (they opened like bean cans because they are cheap made and the material is very thin)

Scork, leave the guy do his testing as we are all thankful to Joe for his hard work and time. He is brining great help to these forums and you are brining nothing but Vishnu crap.

For god sake
I'm disappointed, I thought the Vishnu kits were supossed to be good for
a stock exhaust manifold application.

Also they come as a complete kit with everything you need.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Spec'd
I'm disappointed, I thought the Vishnu kits were supossed to be good for
a stock exhaust manifold application.

Also they come as a complete kit with everything you need.

Just do a quick search and you will see some serious flaws in the design.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Az3ar - Did you sell your ATP kit off then, I assume? I read your whole thread and all those issues when I researching to buy one.

I wish someone made a bolt-on turbo for the Evo that is ball-bearing and doesnt suck - Wish Forced Performance or AGP turbo could step up to the plate!
Old Sep 13, 2006, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

The ATP Kit is soooooo cheap! i'm tempted in buying it!
Old Sep 13, 2006, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Az3ar

For god sake
Wow Az3ar posting more false and misleading information? I am not a Vishnu supporter, I happen to run one of there turbokits, that is all, my car is a hodgepodge of literally 10+ manufacturer's parts, with all of them coming from one shop or another, I honestly don't think I have 2 parts in my engine bay from the same manufacturer, so you can go back to playing with your e30 "racer" and stop posting BS.

I actually am a Full-Race, AMS, and Buschur product supporter because all of those three companies produce products that have been tested, have put down good repeatable numbers, and have a good set of minds behind the design and fabrication of the parts. So again your full of poop, and making false statements, go back and look through other thread regarding these companies and there parts, I have always supported AMS and Buschur, and have always believed that Full-Race designs the best maniold period.

Regarding the Vishnu kits failing, I havent heard of this, maybe you could site to one of these multiple occasions of this happening? I run the stage 3 so I am not running the adaptor/collar, I have a tubular exhaust manifold.

Az3ar you of all people should be posting up the luck you had with your ATP kit, what numbers was Al able to make with that kit?

340/309 That really is something to scream about......

IIRC they were around the range of what a stock turbo car should make? What Vishnu crap am I bringing? Have I ever spoken of the merits of Vishnu in this thread or any other? If so were my claims unreasonable and without merit? You seriously need to think before you unload a whole plate of BS on the forums.

Scorke

Quick Reply: ATP GT3076R - Impressions