Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ATP GT3076R - Impressions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2006, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Az3ar
Just do a quick search and you will see some serious flaws in the design.
Yeah, there are flaws, but nothing like the ATP kit's flaws, every Vishnu Stage 2 kit I have seen on these boards has made impressive numbers, unlike every single ATP kit I have seen.

Spec'd do some searches for jaylenospoolboy, I think he was one of the few members on here to be very candid with his stage 2, which is what bolts to the stock exhaust manifold. Don't let Az3ar scare you away, the only thing Vishnu is guilty of I find is being hard to get ahold of and a little untimely, however if you want the cheapest kit that provides the worst results go with the ATP kit.

Also do a search on here and see how many people have had there Vishnu kit fail, or better yet call up Vishnu and ask them. I have a sneaking suspicion that Az3ar like usual is making up stuff where as I always base everything I say off of what has been posted and or proven in terms of dynosheets, timeslips, results.......

Scorke
Old Sep 13, 2006, 09:13 AM

340whp and 309tq....no comment

azar...OWNED

I think smokingjoe's atp turbo test is a good idea to the community, but I think we might have an idea on how it performs...

I think a stage 2 vishnu adaptor might have split previously....i think...
Old Sep 13, 2006, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Streetrcrm3
340whp and 309tq....no comment

azar...OWNED

I think smokingjoe's atp turbo test is a good idea to the community, but I think we might have an idea on how it performs...

I think a stage 2 vishnu adaptor might have split previously....i think...
I thought that 341whp he made was with the 3071, not the 3076, and stock cams.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
I thought that 341whp he made was with the 3071, not the 3076, and stock cams.
Yes but those numbers can easily be reached on the stock turbo with cams which would have been cheaper than the turbo kit....

I think the stock turbo is extremely good for what it is able to provide and I find it foolish to upgrade the quick spooling stock turbo without using the turbo to its full potential...but then again different strokes for different folks so Azar most probably had a reason for doing so...

I can see from your sig you have ever possible bolt-on...378whp isn't shabby
Old Sep 13, 2006, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Soon2Bevo, when you get results like this

On the same dyno from a stock turbo car with mods like

Injen FMIC
HKS 272 Cams
Aps 3" exhuast
Walbro pump
Hallman MBC
JDM BOV
Boost spike at 22.5 psi

Custom Dyno Flash tune

there is something seriously wrong with the kit. But I hear ya...

Scrke
Old Sep 13, 2006, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Yes but those numbers can easily be reached on the stock turbo with cams which would have been cheaper than the turbo kit....

I think the stock turbo is extremely good for what it is able to provide and I find it foolish to upgrade the quick spooling stock turbo without using the turbo to its full potential...but then again different strokes for different folks so Azar most probably had a reason for doing so...

I can see from your sig you have ever possible bolt-on...378whp isn't shabby
Oh believe me, I thought they were not impressive by any means. It would have been a lot more interesting to see cams with that kit but I think the bottom line is, the ATP kit is NOT worth the money. Sure its cheap... but I dunno... when i upgrade I wanna make some serious power that I dont believe the ATP kit can provide.

And yes, I have just about all the bolt-ons. The thing about my setup is that I doubt any 390-400whp EVO with an upgraded turbo can beat me because of the torque and midrange I have. If I got the ATP for instance and got the 3071 or 3076, I'd probably gain 20-30whp but lose 40+ ft/lbs and lose a lot of my midrange which is what makes my car so fast. Hell, somehow Ive taken out some EVOs with meth injection :-)
Old Sep 13, 2006, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

wow that looks great for the price they go for. i wonder how long they will last though!!
Old Sep 13, 2006, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scorke
Yeah, there are flaws, but nothing like the ATP kit's flaws, every Vishnu Stage 2 kit I have seen on these boards has made impressive numbers, unlike every single ATP kit I have seen.

Spec'd do some searches for jaylenospoolboy, I think he was one of the few members on here to be very candid with his stage 2, which is what bolts to the stock exhaust manifold. Don't let Az3ar scare you away, the only thing Vishnu is guilty of I find is being hard to get ahold of and a little untimely, however if you want the cheapest kit that provides the worst results go with the ATP kit.

Also do a search on here and see how many people have had there Vishnu kit fail, or better yet call up Vishnu and ask them. I have a sneaking suspicion that Az3ar like usual is making up stuff where as I always base everything I say off of what has been posted and or proven in terms of dynosheets, timeslips, results.......

Scorke

Again you lie and you call me a liar. I don’t lie, never did never will. I bring good information to this site based on my experiance to help fellow EVO owners choose some parts. I never refer them to any vendor in fact I give them my experiance and they can pick and choose what ever they like.

I am not here to push any product on anyone. In fact I am a big supporter of a stock EVO with aggressive suspension.

On the other hand you have the ***** to come out and say that I post misleading information. Anyone that searches under your name will see how far you support Vishnu. Noobies might not know but some old members here know who you are and how low you can stoop so you can suck on vishnu.

Furthermore, you know well that on my car I had no Cams and no supporting mods of any kind. I even had the stock muffler with Dynoflash because I kept getting pulled by officers here in Fairfax (so I switched to stock hacked muffler).

With all that being said my car with ATP kit made very nice top end power and very reliable power.

The reason I sold it is because I started to race and I needed a lot and a lot of low end TRQ which any Ball bearing turbo wont provide when compared to 16G on low RPM.

Again the difference between you and I is great. You are a follower for a vendor and you crash every thread you land on and I try to help this forum with accurate stories and information.

Good luck
Old Sep 13, 2006, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Wait wait wait. So show me where the vishnu kits fail, I think one has but thats it. Reference all these newbies to where I am Vishnu loving, I want to see it. 340hp is not nice top end power, I think everybody on the forum agrees to that. I am not a follow for a vendor, i post in thread that are relevant to me, I own a 3076R, thats why I am in this thread.

Scorke
Old Sep 13, 2006, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here is the link you requested

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...highlight=bean
Old Sep 13, 2006, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Oh believe me, I thought they were not impressive by any means. It would have been a lot more interesting to see cams with that kit but I think the bottom line is, the ATP kit is NOT worth the money. Sure its cheap... but I dunno... when i upgrade I wanna make some serious power that I dont believe the ATP kit can provide.

And yes, I have just about all the bolt-ons. The thing about my setup is that I doubt any 390-400whp EVO with an upgraded turbo can beat me because of the torque and midrange I have. If I got the ATP for instance and got the 3071 or 3076, I'd probably gain 20-30whp but lose 40+ ft/lbs and lose a lot of my midrange which is what makes my car so fast. Hell, somehow Ive taken out some EVOs with meth injection :-)
I agree with usable power + torque, hell I daily drive my evo and doing a 2.3 is the only way I will ever upgrade my turbo (unless I compromise and go with gt3076).

Did any of those big turbo guys you raced on a closed course brake boost?

Its unreal how fast a 2.3 stroker project can add up though....I'm going to do it sooner rather than later though....
Old Sep 13, 2006, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

I agree with usable power + torque, hell I daily drive my evo and doing a 2.3 is the only way I will ever upgrade my turbo (unless I compromise and go with gt3076).

Did any of those big turbo guys you raced on a closed course brake boost?

Its unreal how fast a 2.3 stroker project can add up though....I'm going to do it sooner rather than later though....
Ive only raced 2 guys with upgraded turbos... 1 was a 2.0 GT35R@33psi which crapped on me, the other was a guy on this board with the 3076 on the 9 MR who hmade 395ahwp and were dead even. I dont think he was brake boosting but neither was I!
Old Sep 13, 2006, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Wait wait wait. So show me where the vishnu kits fail, I think one has but thats it. Reference all these newbies to where I am Vishnu loving, I want to see it. 340hp is not nice top end power, I think everybody on the forum agrees to that. I am not a follow for a vendor, i post in thread that are relevant to me, I own a 3076R, thats why I am in this thread.

Scorke

a kits fails, not when it doesn't produce HP, BUT WHEN IT BREAKS! i have much experience in the realm of boost, but id rather buy any kit that will constantly produce realiable numbers over a kit that has had even a couple failures. i'm sorry, but if i have to wonder if this kit is going to hold up under fire while im driving it, well, that just takes all the fun out of driving a fast car. im not trying to bash you, actually i was going to tell everyone is this thread to just put your opinions aside and shut up. let the numbers do the talking.

you see, i am interested in modding my EVO. but when you all give YOUR OPINIONS before i see facts, well what does that do to my decision? you see i want my kit to produce the most HP, while retaining a somewhat stock appearance and reliability. it seems that the ATP kit suffices both the appearance of it and its reliability -> so since i am looking for a kit similiar to this, your opinions on the Vishnu kits, not ATP, mean nothing. so please use your brain; think before you speak; most of all, realize what the subject of the thread is about, keep to it, and, leave your opinions for yourself unless asked.

i have been a forum member for many years on three forums: my350Z.com, s2ki.com, and this community. usually i don't talk much, mainly because i come here to learn. it wasn't until now that i realize how useless some info. is when people filter their own feelings in with the facts. --- you feel me? here it is more clearly: i am reluctant to ask how old you all are; start acting your age OR AT LEAST better than you are now. what a disappointment this thread has become. look back, more than half of the posts in this thread are simple statements of opinions that really show who the people are driving these cars. is it safe to assume then that your real intent is to reinforce your decision(s) with the mods you've choosen? what a sad fact to realize that for some, thats exactly the reason for the fighting/bashing back and fourth.

JUST BE HAPPY YOU OWN AN EVO, AND LET'S TRY TO BETTER THE THREAD SUBJECT, NOT OUR OWN OPINIONS!!!!!!

JOHN

p.s. i am at work,so, i hope what i wrote is understand and apologize for the mis-spellings.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

ok now for a post thats on topic:

where can i veiw the ATP kit?
website?

now, does the Vishnu kit reuse the stock manifold?

now, ive seen work on some manifold where a gain of about 60hp was made on a turbo s2000, when a manifold was used that had equal length runners, is it safe to assume then that no manifold on the market currently has equal length runners?
btw: that s2000 was on Turbo Mag. producing 550+ whp @23psi. it was the yellow one if anyone remembers. my friend Chris, built that manifold by hand- actually had three different designs; all equal length, but, the third design made the most HP out of them all.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

I agree with you MR, reliability is the most important feature, having one failure I do not see as a huuuuuuge problem. Shoot there are some vendors on here whom I wont mention who have had many, 5+ documented problems like this, and people still don't have a problem buying from them. In terms of giving opinions, yes we are all giving our opinions, however some of our opinions are based on facts, such as mine, so I don't see why you have an issue?

Also, if this thread were to put our opinions aside and shut up and let the numbers do the talking the thread wouldnt go anywhere because from all the numbers that have done all the talking in the past, nobody in there right mind would purchase an ATP kit.

To me, a turbokit also fails when it produces gains such that the hp is only marginally better while the tq drops dramatically, but thats just me. Does anybody else on these forums also have a problem with spending 2500+ dollars and in return getting performance similar to what can be achieved on your stock setup, I know I would be pissed.

Scorke

p.s.- SHIFT The thread title is ATP GT3076R- Impressions, unless impressions are quantitative anything pertinant to this thread should be an opinon........ The ATP kit you can see at www.atpturbo.com the vishnu kit you can see at Vishnu www.vishnutuning.com and yes it does reuse the stock manifold, and yes it appears just as stock as the ATP kit would

Quick Reply: ATP GT3076R - Impressions