Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ATP GT3076R - Impressions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2006, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want to know too..... I am on the verge of selling my ATP kit...... same one GT3076R and the .82 housing
Old Sep 16, 2006, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AfireINSIDE
I have the ATP kit, now my question is can I use a diffrent exhaust housing but keep the garrett turbo?
AFIRE, I hope you dont mind quoting your PM, but I feel like it is relevant to this thread.

The sad answer is no, there is no housing that you could just bolt up and use to get the sort of power and more importantly tq that is typical of other kit's using your current manifold.

What you could do however is pick a .82 or .63 A/R regular t3 housing and mate that to any well designed manifold (Shearer, Full-Race, AMS If you want to go tubular, something like the HAFE if you want cast) and then I believe you would pick up a good bit of power, however you will mostlikely be spending close to or over a grand. On the plus side you might be able to sell your manifold and housing.

Scorke
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scorke
... I believe you would pick up a good bit of power, however you will mostlikely be spending close to or over a grand. On the plus side you might be able to sell your manifold and housing
This can be done with any variety of a/r options and internally gated GT30R housing - with a non-oem manifold for $500-$600, complete. Again - not for this thread.

THE INSTALL HAS BEGUN!

Parts added
  • ATP 3076R - with port matched housing
  • Walboro 255lph pump
  • Denso 720cc Injectors
  • Megan Header

I may port the manifold to the head - depending on the diff's I measure after removing the oem manifold.

Should be installed very shortly.

Old Sep 16, 2006, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good luck Joe
Old Sep 16, 2006, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you, Az!

After about 3 hours the ATP is in - somewhat. I'm checking the fitment of each hose, connection, clamp - etc. And, I work slow.

I measured the ports on the Megan manifold to the head and they are .2" smaller - horz and .1" vertical compared to OEM. So I ported the Megan to half of what was needed - meaning, .1" larger, horz and .05", vert. I didnt want to go too deep and risk removing too much material.

Updates

And those of you with a keen eye will pick up on why I chose the Megan header - to bolt up to the ATP housing

Old Sep 16, 2006, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

you think the angle of the exhaust gasses enterint the turbo will be better with the megan mani?

Good luck with the install. I found it much easier to remove the radiator when I took my turbo out though. The cardboard is definately a good idea.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 03:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by althemean
you think the angle of the exhaust gasses enterint the turbo will be better with the megan mani?

Yep. That was the idea. Granted - I know very little about fluid dynamics, here. Visually, it simply looked like a better option than the OEM manifold.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know if those studs are long enough
Old Sep 17, 2006, 08:38 AM

Sorry to go slightly off topic but this could be intresting as was requested by:

EvoIXMR " wish someone made a bolt-on turbo for the Evo that is ball-bearing and doesnt suck - Wish Forced Performance or AGP turbo could step up to the plate! "

They do they do check this link: http://www.evo400.co.uk/index.php?catPath=76
Old Sep 17, 2006, 08:41 AM

Smokin Joe what kind of lift is that? I want one!!
Old Sep 17, 2006, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Joe, what are those wheels? Sorry to go OT.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spooldyou
Well, I think that i have spent just as many nights on these boards as anyone else who's looking for answers on a turbo kit,If not more, and this is how i came up with my reasoning to buy what i bought.

ATP- These guys, much like many other companies, are out there tuning EVO's to turn a profit, not because they love it so much and they Snuggle with there evo @ night. If AL couldnt get it to make any power with his tuning then im pretty sure no one can. SO to ATP Stock style setup

Smoking Joe- I wish you all the luck in your adventure to make more power and to try and prove people wrong. However, you paid short money for this kit, so i cant really blame you for trying. whatever right ? Worst comes to worst You can always sell it.

For everyone else paying the 2300 for the ATP turbokit. Save your pennies, break you piggy bank and scramble up another 1200 bucks and go buy a respectable turbokit. Save yourself the aggrivation, and **** beating from EVOm Guru's and old folk that have already told you the same thing 20000 times that AMS, SBR, BR are those prices for a reason. We say to get them for a reason, They make good power, and are actually pretty good bangs for the buck when you consider some of the crap that Greddy, and HKS sells. Most of these kits will not only out perform, but out due them in almost anyfield and area ESP the Bottom line. [B]PRICE[/B]

Here you Guys go

SBR GT35R turbo kit.

AMS GT 35r Turbo Kit

Buschur Racing gt35r Turbo Kit

I picked the 35r because its just an example. Same goes for the 3076, 50 trim ECT

Don't even mention SBR :

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...4&page=1&pp=15

I would go with Ams to be sure everything is 100%.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah SBR is a joke lol
Old Sep 17, 2006, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Yeah SBR is a joke lol
+1
Old Sep 17, 2006, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

robert, those wheels are Rota p45r's. 18x9.5 inches of pure sex!

+1 on the lift.

Quick Reply: ATP GT3076R - Impressions