Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

best evo IX MR exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best evo IX MR exhaust

im sure this has been brought up before but after lots of searching i havent found much on the new evo 9. i was thinking getting the tanabe concept g blue or helix full turbo back. what do you guys think is the best sounding,fitting,power exhaust?
thanks kevin
Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

im wanting a full turbo back in the system i choose. i have heard nothing but good things about the helix v2 dp
Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Greddy Ti
Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

I love my Greddy Evo 2 great power, no too loud great quality and perfect fitment and you usually can find it and a good price... My Helix test pipe and Helix V2 downpipe are great too, fit perfect no issues at all. I couldn't be happier.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nauticabri
I love my Greddy Evo 2 great power, no too loud great quality and perfect fitment and you usually can find it and a good price... My Helix test pipe and Helix V2 downpipe are great too, fit perfect no issues at all. I couldn't be happier.
i have heard nothing but good things about the dp and test pipe. but not to much in the catback except some people have had rubbing issues on the bumper
Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tanabe Ultra medalion It's under 93 db's so cop's shouldn't bother you.I have the turbo back on my IX MR no fitment problem's.

Last edited by ak47po; Mar 5, 2014 at 12:10 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

sound really isnt a issue in Nebraska..i had a full catless on my subie and never had any troubles..even had the esplir on there with a header..now thats loud
Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:37 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BigBallin
i have heard nothing but good things about the dp and test pipe. but not to much in the catback except some people have had rubbing issues on the bumper
You are probably thinking of another Greddy catback. I recall my buddies Greddy Titanium rubbed slightly on the heatshield, but nothing a hammer couldn't fix. The Evo2 fits very nicely.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

I got the new Megan Racing TBE from TTP and like it a lot. There is an inline resonator so it is a lot quieter than others. (I had an earlier Megan with straight pipes and it was too drony). Scott from TTP was really helpful through the process and I would HIGHLY recommend giving him a ring.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:39 PM

i have the 3" RnR Turbo Back Exhaust. it comes with the HKS Carbon Ti Muffler. i have the RnR Hi-Flow Cat. they have test pipes aswell. i love the sound. deffiantly happy with the RnR Turbo Back. i just posted pics of it today. check the EVO Show and Shine section.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rnm
You are probably thinking of another Greddy catback. I recall my buddies Greddy Titanium rubbed slightly on the heatshield, but nothing a hammer couldn't fix. The Evo2 fits very nicely.
i was refering to the helix dp and test pipe....and how does the evo 2 sound? i know on subarus its REAL quite
Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

You could probably ask 100 people on here and get 100 different answers. Things like sound quality are very subjective. Most people buy based on things like style,max hp/tq etc. and are going to recommend what they have. In most cases the exh. that makes the most power will not be the quietest.

I would suggest going to a meet and checking out what other cars have and ask the owners to let you hear it. Keep in mind that the same exh. on a car with a different downpipe/cat. or testpipe can also sound different. Good Luck.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

i went with a ttp-engineering downpipe and a megan racing testpipe and evo 9 catback. the research that i found was that megan racing is really good quality and sounds good. ill be installing it this weekend. and ill post pics of the install. and i already bolted it all together to see of fitment since they are two different companies. and they connect perfectly. i would suggest it for you and ttp-engineering is a really good company and they give great deals for evom members. now lets see if all the hangers line up correctly. lol.

Last edited by hamx0r; Sep 11, 2006 at 06:59 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by t51splbb
You could probably ask 100 people on here and get 100 different answers. Things like sound quality are very subjective. Most people buy based on things like style,max hp/tq etc. and are going to recommend what they have. In most cases the exh. that makes the most power will not be the quietest.

I would suggest going to a meet and checking out what other cars have and ask the owners to let you hear it. Keep in mind that the same exh. on a car with a different downpipe/cat. or testpipe can also sound different. Good Luck.
thanks
Old Sep 13, 2006, 03:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hamx0r
i went with a ttp-engineering downpipe and a megan racing testpipe and evo 9 catback. the research that i found was that megan racing is really good quality and sounds good. ill be installing it this weekend. and ill post pics of the install. and i already bolted it all together to see of fitment since they are two different companies. and they connect perfectly. i would suggest it for you and ttp-engineering is a really good company and they give great deals for evom members. now lets see if all the hangers line up correctly. lol.
Hangers are perfect as long as you have the ML05 Megan version (new version)...The mufller could sit a little higher, but other than that it is great....

Quick Reply: best evo IX MR exhaust