Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

XS Power TBE --> Pics, Video, Review

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2007, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
High PSI, that is 100% absolutely FALSE. There is a HUGE difference in the intercooler core. Most of the gains you are going to get from an intercooler change is from the core, it takes a horribly poor end tank design to ruin an intercooler.

Our cores are manufactured by Garrett. We have tried many and while these are far from the cheapest they are the best we have found.

Thanks Dave, the reason I ask is because a lot of people don't see the differeces betweem your/AMS parts vs. and eBay part. Specifically the FMIC's which look a LOT like a quality piece or this exhaust that it weighs more then yours.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
has anyone gone on a dyno with this ebay exhaust to see if it is even up to par with the other tbe's out there? just curious
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

It makes just as much power, it's 3.0 piping and no cat, it makes power just Fine. Even Warrtalon ran a Ebay special Magan exhaust on his MR but recently chenged to a Buschur when he was sponsored by Buschur.

FYI Warrtalon ran a 12.0 with that exhaust, no cams.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolved83
has anyone gone on a dyno with this ebay exhaust to see if it is even up to par with the other tbe's out there? just curious

i think we're all eagerly awaiting Buschers results
Old Jan 13, 2007, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Joe's_EVO8
I can't wait for the 16G-China or the swizzle stick shifter to come out for the EVO. What you are missing is that it is worth something to have parts made right in the USA. If you want to undercut good, hard working in USA workers like yourself (possibly) then your logic is spot on. If you want to keep the innovation here then pay the extra and you will get products you can trust.

For the few that flamed Buschur fitment there are hundreds with no problems. Also if you would look at my post on the last page you would see my justification for why the BR exhaust and any other name brand exhaust costs what it does. In parts alone it will cost you more than the Ebay exhaust.

The assumptions have been made that there are 8 year old sweat shop welders making pennies on the hour making products such as these. If you like you can have pipe dreams about all of this although this is what your global economy is buying you.
Americans need to stop making excuses, stop expecting handouts, and face reality. Its a global market, the sooner we realize that the sooner we can start competing in it.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

I personally think all tbe are same except for very little difference.
just like brand name clothing and cheap walmart brand. We think different but they are basically same(made in china, same material, etc)
Ordered Helix tbe(v1) like 2 days ago and I just found out it doesnt fit my 9 with acd. I'll cancel and try out this.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joon82
I personally think all tbe are same except for very little difference.
just like brand name clothing and cheap walmart brand. We think different but they are basically same(made in china, same material, etc)
Ordered Helix tbe(v1) like 2 days ago and I just found out it doesnt fit my 9 with acd. I'll cancel and try out this.
well, I have heard that the ebay exhaust is a knockoff of the helix.. Which means everything in this thread applies to you. It will fit with a little hammer dent to the downpipe.

if you spent more than $350 on it though, I would cancel it too. Any expensive exhaust should fit perfeclty.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 06:31 PM

i dont know about you guys, but i paid 350 for mine from ebay and found a surprise O2 housing in the package when i opened it. i also bought thier header for 130 and got an o2 housing with it as well. so i now have the XSPower header, o2 housing, and turbo back and dont have any problems with fitment.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Those headers crack because they support the entire weight of the turbo and then the engine rocking back and forth.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by apexsilver9
i dont know about you guys, but i paid 350 for mine from ebay and found a surprise O2 housing in the package when i opened it. i also bought thier header for 130 and got an o2 housing with it as well. so i now have the XSPower header, o2 housing, and turbo back and dont have any problems with fitment.
you didn't have to hammer your downpipe?
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolved83
you didn't have to hammer your downpipe?
Nobody has to hammer it really, like I said in the first post the downpipe bolts up just fine. It rests against the ACD though, which causes rubbing and might eventually rub a hole through it.

He may / may not have needed to dent it, not all exhausts are 100% the same so his might have cleared enough. I dont think anyone has ever experienced complete inability to bolt it up, which tells you its very close to not touching. For some it might not...
Old Jan 14, 2007, 01:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DreamLike1
Americans need to stop making excuses, stop expecting handouts, and face reality. Its a global market, the sooner we realize that the sooner we can start competing in it.
Well hey if you want to trust your car to this rip-off engineering that some company did and now some global economy of scales BS makes these companies that actually do the R&D go under then where do we get quality parts from? I won't disagree about some products although I don't see you running an Ebay BOV or some Ebay Xplode subwoofers.

In reality your the one expecting handouts as getting the Ebay exhaust is like a handout. Let's just hope this handout does not slow a competing company that supports our community unlike an Ebay company that doesn't care for our community. Good luck, this is what I realized.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Joe's_EVO8
Well hey if you want to trust your car to this rip-off engineering that some company did and now some global economy of scales BS makes these companies that actually do the R&D go under then where do we get quality parts from? I won't disagree about some products although I don't see you running an Ebay BOV or some Ebay Xplode subwoofers.

In reality your the one expecting handouts as getting the Ebay exhaust is like a handout. Let's just hope this handout does not slow a competing company that supports our community unlike an Ebay company that doesn't care for our community. Good luck, this is what I realized.

please keep your uneducated rhetoric to some OT thread, not here.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 01:03 PM
Former Sponsor

PM sent,
Old Jan 14, 2007, 01:06 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, I have heard that the ebay exhaust is a knockoff of the helix.. Which means everything in this thread applies to you. It will fit with a little hammer dent to the downpipe.
He doesn't have to say anything. You've said it all.

What region of china are you from dreamlike1?

Quick Reply: XS Power TBE --> Pics, Video, Review