Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

XS Power TBE --> Pics, Video, Review

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problem I wanted to get better pics to show the actual procedure. I can tell you how but its not the same for the visual people. Just let me know what you guys want. Also my friend should let me use his lift again to take the pics.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR_EVO21
No problem I wanted to get better pics to show the actual procedure. I can tell you how but its not the same for the visual people. Just let me know what you guys want. Also my friend should let me use his lift again to take the pics.
I'd be interested to see the "hanger bending" method to clear the ACD too. I've got some Kartboy Polyurethane Exhaust Hanger Bushings, wonder if that'll help hold it in place? I'd sure hope so.

Bending Hangers > Hammering DP
Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nashmage
ya a link to those would be very helpful. Also for the exhaust ive been looking at xspower and they havent had any exhaust for awhile for the evo. But i have looked at ssautochrome and they have one aswell that could be 250 shipped if nobody else bids http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2001&rd=1&rd=1

is that the same thing? or is the xspower one better in some way? thanks in advance
Huh...I messaged ssautochrome and here is my message and the response:

Sent - Probably a dumb questions, but I'm assuming the exhaust comes with all the necessary hardware, bolts, and gaskets? I didn't see them pictured and it didn't state so in the "included" section. Just wanted to be sure.

Response - You get everything that is shown in the picture. Thank you for your inquiry.

Has anyone purchased from this person before? Seems strange to sell an exhaust without gaskets, nuts, and bolts, but I guess it's possible.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I am a lil worried that the Muffler may be restrictive but who knows. I am just concerned how well it would fit the IX
Old Feb 23, 2007, 06:59 AM

i heard nothing but good things about this exhaust , im sure it comes with all necessary hardware, i dont think any company in their right mind would release an exhaust with no hardware , do they expect you to mix and match nuts and bolts to put it on , thats highly unlikely. i won my exhaust yesterday and should be getting it next week , i paid 280 shipped which i cant complain about. i should be putting the exhaust on myself and will keep you posted on how it fits and etc. and for the guy with the backpressure problem , was this caused due to the exhaust ? and i would like to see the bent flanges to clear my ACD. I dont really like the idea of denting my DP to get clearance seems a bit shady. I like the bent flange idea. that seems like a more safe thing to do. any one know the HP gains with this exhaust ?
Old Feb 23, 2007, 08:09 AM

I have the same exhaust and I am very happy with it.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

sickzofive - did you get it from ssautochrome?

I'm watching all his auctions just to see what prices they end up going for to place my bid accordingly.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

I got mine from SSAutochrome. I think I paid $245 shipped. A few weeks back they had a bunch of them on eBay. Just wait until the last few seconds to bid.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by McDougal
I got mine from SSAutochrome. I think I paid $245 shipped. A few weeks back they had a bunch of them on eBay. Just wait until the last few seconds to bid.
Did it come with all the nuts and bolts and gaskets?
Old Feb 23, 2007, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dridge11
Did it come with all the nuts and bolts and gaskets?

Yes it came with everything. It is a beauty!
Old Feb 23, 2007, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

I'd love to see installed pics if you have them.

Glad to hear it's "complete". That seems to be a pretty large and reputable seller.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by dridge11
sickzofive - did you get it from ssautochrome?

I'm watching all his auctions just to see what prices they end up going for to place my bid accordingly.
yes i won it from his auction. unfortunately there was people bidding. as long as i paid less than $300 i was happy ..my friend is doing my install for $30 so all together including installation $300 .. you cant get a better deal anywhere else. def a plus with this exhaust.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

I JUST got one for $197.50 + $50 s/h

I can't believe nobody outbid me at the last minute.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

enjoy
Old Feb 24, 2007, 06:58 PM

Just won mine the other day for $195.00 + $50 to ship. Should be here on the 27th according to the fedex website. I have seen one in action and it looks good and sounds good as well. As far as dyno #'s no idea but it should help with the larger piping and less backpressure.(at least i hope so)

Quick Reply: XS Power TBE --> Pics, Video, Review