Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

XS Power TBE --> Pics, Video, Review

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shipping is just under a week to CA, if you are closer to the east coast you might get it in a couple of days after payment.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

yeah im in dallas , paid for it at 500pm CST monday....so i guess i should get it by the end of this week....nice....just in time for the weekend and tune...
Old Feb 28, 2007, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you guys know if the SSAutocrome version (i realize its the same company as TurboXS) comes with a silencer? It doesnt list it as a part in the description and the photo doesn't show one either.

If it comes with one, i'll definitely be on the ebay exhaust bandwagon. Thanks.

-Dave
Old Feb 28, 2007, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

i dont think it does come w/ silencer....but im sure u can buy one of those at any exhaust store to fit the muffler....
Old Feb 28, 2007, 12:46 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Canexican
Do you guys know if the SSAutocrome version (i realize its the same company as TurboXS) comes with a silencer? It doesnt list it as a part in the description and the photo doesn't show one either.

-Dave
Yes it does come with a silencer...atleast mine did. But honestly I would never even think of using it cause the exhaust sounds soo good, with the cat-delete it's not as loud as you would think it would be. Just a nice low deep sound, I love mine & don't get hassled by the po-po like I did in my H22 Civic Hatch w/2 1/2" catback & cat-delete
Old Feb 28, 2007, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

yes it does, got mine from ssauto, shipped to me in 3 days
Old Feb 28, 2007, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Canexican

-Dave

yes it comes wth it, dont use it >>good for HWY>>> if its not a joy trip
Old Feb 28, 2007, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

looks really clean, nice job!
Old Mar 2, 2007, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Just installed mine tonight and have read most of this thread....here are my thoughts.

1) It comes with everything, gaskets, more nuts and bolts that I know what to do with, well packaged, very quality item. Oh, and does include silencer.

2) Kind of a pain to install on the 05. To dent the downpipe, rubber mallets don't work, a towel and a regular hammer doesn't work....nothing but hitting it directly with the hammer works. I had to use a dremmel to cut off the XS Power emblem on the downpipe to hammer it easier. That was the long part of the install.

3) My 02 sensor plug is kinda angled up, so I couldn't use the CEL fix thing I got from Ebay....but on my little 5 mile test drive, I got no CEL, could still be down the road though.

4) Sound is great! It stirs up a few more rattles in the cabin, but who cares. At idle and lower RPMs, it sounds about like my catback did. At higher RPMs, it sounds much more aggressive. Standing outside the car, it sounds quite tough. My neighbor is a big car guy and he really liked it. Feels like more torque, but the butt dyno isn't accurate, so who knows.

OVERALL: The fit (after hammer adjustment), location of the exhaust exit, sound, and quality seem great. Can't believe I paid $247.50 shipped for this thing. Quite pleased!
Old Mar 3, 2007, 12:27 AM
Evolved Member

i get mine monday.....cant wait....
Old Mar 3, 2007, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dridge11
My 02 sensor plug is kinda angled up, so I couldn't use the CEL fix thing I got from Ebay....

........it shoud look like this...?
Old Mar 3, 2007, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

I just put mine on last night and mine is sticking out the side like that too, i am not too sure if that is how it is supposed to be.

^Did you have any trouble with getting the exhaust tip to be even out of the opening on the bumper?
Old Mar 3, 2007, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

AWDturbo4 - I'll snap a picture of mine today, mine is angled up just a bit. We tried installing the delete pipe both ways and didn't neither gave us the angle we needed. It was a snug fit with JUST the o2 sensor in it.

joshesh - I'll take that picture too, my exhaust tip is PERFECT! Exactly where I pictured it in my mind.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 09:01 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dridge11
Just installed mine tonight and have read most of this thread....here are my thoughts.

1) It comes with everything, gaskets, more nuts and bolts that I know what to do with, well packaged, very quality item. Oh, and does include silencer.

2) Kind of a pain to install on the 05. To dent the downpipe, rubber mallets don't work, a towel and a regular hammer doesn't work....nothing but hitting it directly with the hammer works. I had to use a dremmel to cut off the XS Power emblem on the downpipe to hammer it easier. That was the long part of the install.

3) My 02 sensor plug is kinda angled up, so I couldn't use the CEL fix thing I got from Ebay....but on my little 5 mile test drive, I got no CEL, could still be down the road though.

4) Sound is great! It stirs up a few more rattles in the cabin, but who cares. At idle and lower RPMs, it sounds about like my catback did. At higher RPMs, it sounds much more aggressive. Standing outside the car, it sounds quite tough. My neighbor is a big car guy and he really liked it. Feels like more torque, but the butt dyno isn't accurate, so who knows.

OVERALL: The fit (after hammer adjustment), location of the exhaust exit, sound, and quality seem great. Can't believe I paid $247.50 shipped for this thing. Quite pleased!

Should of read the earlier posts, there was NO need to hammer your poor downpipe. Just bending the hanger would of worked fine. And the CEL may not come on immediately but eventually it will. Mine didn't come on until I made a few redline pulls and then fuel started to cut around 6k and that great orange light came on Nonetheless, the car may feel a little better but won't actually benefit from the TBE until you get it tuned for it
Old Mar 3, 2007, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Man I am getting this, there is no way I can't

Quick Reply: XS Power TBE --> Pics, Video, Review