Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

XS Power TBE --> Pics, Video, Review

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2006, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good review. keep us updated on how it performs in a couple hungred miles or so
Old Sep 16, 2006, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thisxguy
good review. keep us updated on how it performs in a couple hungred miles or so
I definitely will... I'll eventually post up a video of a driveby but that might not be for a while.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 04:23 AM
Evolving Member

Hey mate it looks and sounds real nice.
Just wondering if you could do me a favour could ya take a side on pic of the exhaust as I have a evo7 with a jdm rear bumper so I want to see does it stick out past he bumper on yours.

Cheers,

Paul.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by funnyclub
Hey mate it looks and sounds real nice.
Just wondering if you could do me a favour could ya take a side on pic of the exhaust as I have a evo7 with a jdm rear bumper so I want to see does it stick out past he bumper on yours.

Cheers,

Paul.
Hey thanks for the compliments

I would love to take a pic for you but I just got back to school and forgot to take my camera.

If the evo7 bumper is shorter than the evo 8 bumper (Which my guess is that it is shorter, then you might get a little bit of stick out. But as it is right now this exhaust does NOT stick out of the evo8 bumper. Its sunken in about 1 inch.

Hope that helps, sorry I cant post up pics... If I eventually get my camera I will definitely do it.

I just drove ~300 miles btw on this exhaust. Mostly freeway miles with above 3,000 RPM. I chose not to put the silencer in just to see how it would be. It wasn't horrible but about half way I was definitely wishing I had put the silencer in. The higher the rpm's the louder it gets and it was pretty drony around 3,000. Oh well thats what the silencer is for
Old Sep 18, 2006, 04:38 PM

thanks for the pics & all the info. Mine should be here sometimes this week so i'll definetly post up my experience as well.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

sounds good... PM me if you have any questions
Old Sep 18, 2006, 09:31 PM

i have the same setup on my car, except i paid 400 shipped and i got an ebay o2 housing with mine. i love the sound and the fit was great. preforms like it should, i got alot of compliments about it at the dynoflash meet a couple weeks back. im also using the cat-delete with o2 fix. i find that inside with the windows up its not that loud, nothing you have to yell over to talk to passengers, but you can tell its not stock.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 03:54 PM

apex-did you have to hammer the dp also to clear the acd?
Old Sep 19, 2006, 03:56 PM

btw, did anyone notice that the dp looks VERY VERY VERY similar to the helix?
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DreamLike1
Hey thanks for the compliments

I would love to take a pic for you but I just got back to school and forgot to take my camera.

If the evo7 bumper is shorter than the evo 8 bumper (Which my guess is that it is shorter, then you might get a little bit of stick out. But as it is right now this exhaust does NOT stick out of the evo8 bumper. Its sunken in about 1 inch.

Hope that helps, sorry I cant post up pics... If I eventually get my camera I will definitely do it.

I just drove ~300 miles btw on this exhaust. Mostly freeway miles with above 3,000 RPM. I chose not to put the silencer in just to see how it would be. It wasn't horrible but about half way I was definitely wishing I had put the silencer in. The higher the rpm's the louder it gets and it was pretty drony around 3,000. Oh well thats what the silencer is for
Hey mate no worries. If it sits in about an inch on your bumper I would say its about right on the evo7 jdm bumper.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 11:06 AM

Hey guys. Just got mine installed last night. LOVE it so far. I did have to hammer the DP to clear the acd, not really too much, its no big deal. But fitment was awesome. Installation was a breeze. It sounds nice, pretty loud, but i like it.

What a difference it made tho, car holds boost so much better now, i was actually suprised how much of a difference it made with that. Definetly the best money i've spent. I'll post up some pics & some vids later on when i get home from work.

If anybody is thinking about getting this exhaust, don't hesitate, you'll be pleasantly surprised how nice of a system this thing is.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 04:03 AM
Evolved Member

Is it me or does the exhaust look like its a little too far in from the bumper? It looks like the tip is a few inches away from the end of the bumper?
Old Sep 23, 2006, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

This might be hard to do since you guys already have the exhausts installed, but could you post pics of the area you had to hammer? I'd like to see how much of an indention is needed. Maybe you took pics of it before you put it back on.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the same exhaust from ebay but mine was called Greddy Style LOL. The best $278 I ever spent now im on the look out for a good intercooler gotta love ebay.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by deffro
This might be hard to do since you guys already have the exhausts installed, but could you post pics of the area you had to hammer? I'd like to see how much of an indention is needed. Maybe you took pics of it before you put it back on.
I didn't take any pics of that unfortunately. Best thing to do is to get the stock exhaust off, take the down pipe, fit it up under the car how it would be, and see where its hitting the acd, and then take a marker and mark it, then get out and hammer it. Its not much of an indention tho.

Quick Reply: XS Power TBE --> Pics, Video, Review