Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

XS Power TBE --> Pics, Video, Review

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2006, 01:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't take any pics either...

I bolted it all up, drove it for a little while and then checked it. I noticed it was rubbing so I unbolted it and took it down. There was a nice little scratch on the DP where it was rubbing. I just took it down and hammered it a little bit. Unless you watched me hammer it, you wouldnt be able to tell. Its almost perfectly round still.

JMod - Glad you like it man!!!! Its an awsome value thats for sure. Spend $500+ on a catback, or $350 on a TURBO-back ....
Old Sep 25, 2006, 08:26 AM

This is a great exhaust. I won mines on ebay for $245.00 shipped. And on the 03 evo there was no rubbing issuses. And the install only took about 40 mins.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by evoXIII
This is a great exhaust. I won mines on ebay for $245.00 shipped. And on the 03 evo there was no rubbing issuses. And the install only took about 40 mins.
Yup got mine for $245 as well. SSAutochrome on ebay is the seller i got it from if anybody is interested. I gotta say I was weary about it before i ordered it, but now that its installed, this is probably the best $250 i've ever spent. You definetly won't be dissapointed.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Million dollar home but a $350 TBE budget?
Old Sep 26, 2006, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
Million dollar home but a $350 TBE budget?
Well, maybe they could afford the million dollar home b/c they were smart buyers... Why spend $1000+ on a turboback when you could spend $250-$350 for a system that will accomplish the same thing...
Old Sep 26, 2006, 05:06 PM

Last edited by AmSFighter; Sep 26, 2006 at 06:38 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 03:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AmSFighter
Well, maybe they could afford the million dollar home b/c they were smart buyers... Why spend $1000+ on a turboback when you could spend $250-$350 for a system that will accomplish the same thing...
+100000
Old Sep 27, 2006, 03:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AmSFighter
I guess it's "the same thing" when you take a hammer to it....

Most people want a quality product that bolts right up. If you have to beat it with a hammer or stick a towel inbetween clearly it's not the same as a more expensive design.

Another downside would be the fact that you won't be able to get ANY support from ssautochrome if you ahve a warranty issue or any questions. They like to pull off the old "lifetime" warranty claim but bail when there is an actual product.

Not trying to come off as negative, I'm just saying most people would prefer a product that didn't require deforming it to make it work.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 04:01 PM

Seems like that there are some expensive dp's that are hit or miss for the 05+. I just installed a dc sport dp for a friend, which apparently is the "updated design" (according to the vendor) and it still doesn't clear the underbody brace.

My main thing is that $250 for a tbe, you can't beat the deal and from the looks of it, most people are having great luck with it.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 05:46 PM

is this the same one,right now its only 189
Old Sep 28, 2006, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Man Ima get one too. Does it rub when it rains? I would love to hear why these are so cheap while others are $800++++++++++++++++++++++++
Old Sep 28, 2006, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Where do I get the 02 fix as well?
Old Sep 28, 2006, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had my ssac tbe for over a year and a half and it still looks like it did when I boughtit. All the welds held up great. This is about 30k miles on it with no issues.
As for the guy living in the million dollar home but only buys the 250 exhaust, i'd say he is a smart money man. There is no rocket science to welding and bending a 3" pipe. You could strap a greddy badge on the side of this exhaust and sell it for another 400 and its still the same damn thing. Why pay 400 for a sticker.
On the subject of the intercooler, that is something I wouldn't get too chincy on. SSAC has probably done no R&D on their design where as the big companies have put countless hours into.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
I would love to hear why these are so cheap while others are $800++++++++++++++++++++++++
b/c there is no R&D in their products. They take someone else's product that has already been developed, and make a copy of it, have it manufactured in China (most likely) and sell it for super cheap.

I dont think people really have a problem with the actual products. Its the methods taken by these companies to basically "steal" another company's product and undercut their sales.

I cant really say much...i used to have their exhaust manifold and it was a pretty decent piece, but I have read complaints from some of our reputable US shops that are being undercut by Hong Kong and Chinese knock-off companies. I have since decided I would rather support companies like AMS rather than buy from the XS Power type companies

just my opinion
Old Sep 28, 2006, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tvieira24
I guess it's "the same thing" when you take a hammer to it....

Most people want a quality product that bolts right up. If you have to beat it with a hammer or stick a towel inbetween clearly it's not the same as a more expensive design.

Another downside would be the fact that you won't be able to get ANY support from ssautochrome if you ahve a warranty issue or any questions. They like to pull off the old "lifetime" warranty claim but bail when there is an actual product.

Not trying to come off as negative, I'm just saying most people would prefer a product that didn't require deforming it to make it work.

Thats fine with me, go ahead and pay $700 more for a pipe that clears perfectly. I'll spend the extra 10 minutes to fix this one and buy an MBC and an ECU flash with the money I saved.

I explained my thoughts on this exhaust in my original post - Metal tubing is hard to screw up. I care about quality, not name brand. I know you might like to impress others with your super rare $1,000 TBE, but thats not something I value.

This is a great exhaust, plain and simple.

Oh, and I put the towel there to show you that when I first bolted it up it cleared. The point being, its almost a perfect fit. I didnt "need" to put the towel there for any reason....

Quick Reply: XS Power TBE --> Pics, Video, Review