Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

XS Power TBE --> Pics, Video, Review

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2006, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lexat20
I've had my ssac tbe for over a year and a half and it still looks like it did when I boughtit. All the welds held up great. This is about 30k miles on it with no issues.
As for the guy living in the million dollar home but only buys the 250 exhaust, i'd say he is a smart money man. There is no rocket science to welding and bending a 3" pipe. You could strap a greddy badge on the side of this exhaust and sell it for another 400 and its still the same damn thing. Why pay 400 for a sticker.
On the subject of the intercooler, that is something I wouldn't get too chincy on. SSAC has probably done no R&D on their design where as the big companies have put countless hours into.
Thanks, and I agree... I wouldn't go to cheap on an intercooler. There's a lot more R&D involved that determines a quality product there.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 09:03 AM

double post

Last edited by riceclown; Sep 29, 2006 at 09:11 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 09:10 AM

I was bidding on that exhaust for the past week and its the first time somthing like this has ever happened to me with anyone on ebay.
First time I bid on it I was outbid last minute, which seems kinda odd seeing as they had about 10 of these turbo backs posted up, of which some ended just prior to the one I bid on, but those didn't have a single bid on them. I didn't really pay attention to it at first and placed a bid on another one of these turbobacks. An hour before the auction ended, it was cancelled and taken off of ebay. Two odd occurances from the same seller?

Okay, so I place another bid on another one of their turbobacks which I won yesterday, after submitting payment it gets refunded. At this point this really was pissing me off. I contact the seller and he tells me the reason it was refunded is because they dont have it in stock and they will have it within 30-45 days.

Checking out their reviews and looking through their website I was considering buying a few more things from them, but now I have to wait and see what they tell me about this transaction. Oh, and by the way they have another one of these turbobacks posted up so if you place a bid on it be ready to wait 30-45 days?

Anyway, I'll keep you guys updated to what they tell me next.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

I am switching turbo setups and unfortunatley my exhaust no longer fits so I will be selling my TBE. if anyone local to the PA area is interested in purchasing for cheap let me know.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 10:30 AM

Great Review! We need more reviews like yours on this forum...
Old Sep 29, 2006, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I so want one of these exhausts now. I had a Buschur on my 2003 Evo and it rubbed a LOT< after my 4th revision I got it to fit right but then EVERY TIME it rained, I would get that vibration. With this, after you bang the hell out of the Downpipe to make it fit, how much clearance is there?

Also where do I get myself a proper 02 simulator?

I will use this new found Money to get myself a JDM Rear bumper.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fyi...I have an 04 and mine fit like OJ's isotoner
Old Sep 29, 2006, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

meaning it doesn't fit at all?
Old Sep 29, 2006, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by riceclown
I was bidding on that exhaust for the past week and its the first time somthing like this has ever happened to me with anyone on ebay.
First time I bid on it I was outbid last minute, which seems kinda odd seeing as they had about 10 of these turbo backs posted up, of which some ended just prior to the one I bid on, but those didn't have a single bid on them. I didn't really pay attention to it at first and placed a bid on another one of these turbobacks. An hour before the auction ended, it was cancelled and taken off of ebay. Two odd occurances from the same seller?

Okay, so I place another bid on another one of their turbobacks which I won yesterday, after submitting payment it gets refunded. At this point this really was pissing me off. I contact the seller and he tells me the reason it was refunded is because they dont have it in stock and they will have it within 30-45 days.

Checking out their reviews and looking through their website I was considering buying a few more things from them, but now I have to wait and see what they tell me about this transaction. Oh, and by the way they have another one of these turbobacks posted up so if you place a bid on it be ready to wait 30-45 days?

Anyway, I'll keep you guys updated to what they tell me next.

I got mine from roc_iran, and since the bid was at $299 and the "buy it now" was $300 I just bought it. Arrived at my door 6 weeks later...

So try roc_iran.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HassounEVO
Great Review! We need more reviews like yours on this forum...
Thanks
Old Sep 29, 2006, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
I so want one of these exhausts now. I had a Buschur on my 2003 Evo and it rubbed a LOT< after my 4th revision I got it to fit right but then EVERY TIME it rained, I would get that vibration. With this, after you bang the hell out of the Downpipe to make it fit, how much clearance is there?

Also where do I get myself a proper 02 simulator?

I will use this new found Money to get myself a JDM Rear bumper.

1) I didn't "bang the hell" out of the downpipe... In fact I'd bet you couldn't tell the difference between mine and one that hasn't been altered, its still almost perfectly round.

2) The ammount of clearance is entirely up to you... You could bang it into a complete oval and get an inch of clearance, but I didn't want that. I have about a centimeter of clearance.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

I wonder if this will make as much power as any other exhaust? Does it have resinators?
Old Oct 2, 2006, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
I wonder if this will make as much power as any other exhaust? Does it have resinators?
There are no restrictions or neckdowns in the piping so it 100% will make as much power as any 3" exhaust out there.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Also what is the Best way for the CEL fix?
Old Oct 2, 2006, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I made 270 awhp/274 awtq on a dynojet

I only have this tbe and Work's drop in filter on a 05.

Quick Reply: XS Power TBE --> Pics, Video, Review