Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

XS Power TBE --> Pics, Video, Review

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2006, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
You guys buy $30k+ cars and are willing to put fake copied China parts on them; it's truly amazing to me. If you have to *BANG* the downpipe with a hammer for it to clear your ACD you can't use "great fitment" in the same sentence You paid for quality at the dealership, pay the people who actually developed the original quality parts as opposed to the sweat shops that make bad copies.

Tom

I have heard of other "big brands" having slight fitment issues also... The fitment issue on this exhaust was not a big deal at all.

And basically I think your argument is not one of quality, but of character. You are mad at those of us who purchased this exhaust because you think it is a knockoff from some name brand in the states.

The quality and performance of this exhaust cannot be debated, period. For $300 you get what most people get for $1,000. But if you want to debate the moral issues behind purchasing this exhaust do it on another forum.

This isn't a thread about right and wrong bud, its a thread about a damn good exhaust. And you're all right "you get what you pay for"... I spent $300 and got a great exhaust... I GOT WHAT I PAYED FOR!
Old Oct 6, 2006, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah I persoanlly went through 5 Buschur Exhausts, not one fit properly. I will buy this cheapo eBay exhaust. I will NOT by a cheapo eBay Turbo. Possibly a cheapo ebay FMIC with more proper testing.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DreamLike1
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about, and I would even lean towards saying your story is made up.

Look at my pics and all the other pics of this exhaust, it doesn't stick out of the bumper AT ALL. Its morons like you that keep the rest of us from finding a truly good deal when its out there.

Old Oct 6, 2006, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

ok so lets move on
I was one of the "lab-rats" for this project ......done and happy

whos gonna start testing their FMIC now ??

ok ok ..I will stop.... if I ever see a "POWER BY EBAY" windshield sticker on an Evo
Old Oct 6, 2006, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...8&q=ebay&hl=en
Old Oct 6, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Yeah I persoanlly went through 5 Buschur Exhausts, not one fit properly. I will buy this cheapo eBay exhaust. I will NOT by a cheapo eBay Turbo. Possibly a cheapo ebay FMIC with more proper testing.

exactly... I wont be buying an ebay turbo, and I'm almost certain I wont buy an ebay FMIC but come on an exhaust is really hard to mess up, I considered bending and welding my own.

AWDTurbo4 will you please stop spamming this thread. It's supposed to be informative and you posting 3 times in a row with useless stuff isn't helping. Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2006, 05:44 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have heard of other "big brands" having slight fitment issues also... The fitment issue on this exhaust was not a big deal at all.

And basically I think your argument is not one of quality, but of character. You are mad at those of us who purchased this exhaust because you think it is a knockoff from some name brand in the states.

The quality and performance of this exhaust cannot be debated, period. For $300 you get what most people get for $1,000. But if you want to debate the moral issues behind purchasing this exhaust do it on another forum.

This isn't a thread about right and wrong bud, its a thread about a damn good exhaust. And you're all right "you get what you pay for"... I spent $300 and got a great exhaust... I GOT WHAT I PAYED FOR!

Well we can be sure it wasn't a knockoff of an exhaust made by someone who R&D'd on a car with acd.

Beat it to fit, paint it to match!
Old Oct 6, 2006, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Brian_H
Well we can be sure it wasn't a knockoff of an exhaust made by someone who R&D'd on a car with acd.

Beat it to fit, paint it to match!

hahaha amen, amen.... if this is a knockoff then that means there's a real "QUALITY" exhaust out there that doesnt fit just right.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 08:14 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Or the inital R&D was done on a car without ACD and those duplicating it couldn't take the time to get a latest version of that product to copy.

I do agree with you though 3" pipe is 3" pipe for the most part, how much did you have to pound it in to get it to not knock on your acd and if I were you I'd keep a very close eye on that for any contact being made. It's not going to take a whole lot of rubbing or knocking to start taking a toll on the TC.
Old Oct 7, 2006, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

i didn't have to pound it in much, read my original post. I will put it back up and check on it when I get a chance. Its really not as big of a deal as some of you guys like to make it seem.
Old Oct 7, 2006, 08:32 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Well if it doesn't make contact and you didn't have to pound it down to a 2.0" bottleneck then I'll agree it's not a big deal, but having pulled my TC once already if it causes any contact then it could quickly become a big deal.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 01:57 AM
Evolved Member

obviously you got something different, it looked the same, but the one my friend got was longer ;p
Old Oct 11, 2006, 03:19 AM
Evolved Member

AWDTurbo4 will you please stop spamming this thread. It's supposed to be informative and you posting 3 times in a row with useless stuff isn't helping. Thanks

my opinion...sorry u didnt like it
Old Oct 13, 2006, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

I like the boxes
Old Oct 19, 2006, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

I too have this exhuast, and my only grip was that one of the hangers literally broke off....it's because it hanges toooooooo low, and I'm betting made to much contact when I was driving over our sh!ttacular roads here (which are being completely reconstructed). Otherwise, sounds damn good and looks nice other than the huge can.

I ended up getting stronger hangers rewelded on; it wont move an inch now. If I get another evo, my next exhuast wold most likely have to be either a Megan, or the exact opposite: super expensive Trust Ti-R .

Quick Reply: XS Power TBE --> Pics, Video, Review