Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ebay o2 housing

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2006, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ebay o2 housing

im trying to purchase and o2 housing and some people have told me just buy the ebay housing and not waste my money on the buschar type or ivida. There has to be a reason why the ebay ones are so cheap. What would you guys recommend? it seem lots of guys are running the ebay one and having success. Does it really matter? thanks
Old Sep 17, 2006, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The ebay housing suprisingly makes more power and is cheaper. Listen to everyone and do not waste your money on the same thing that has a company name on it. BTW, the Buschur housing is a coated ebay one.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Buschur dyno tested multiple o2 housings and the ebay one showed the best gains. Yeah theirs is an ebay housing that is ceramic coated. Dave said it had good welds but the walls were a little thin, thats why they sell it coated. The ebay housing is cheap b/c its made overseas.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've had mine longer than most people (over 2 years), and it still works perfectly fine. The coating is not a bad idea though.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 08:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not sure how much the Ebay one is going for, but the Ebay ones are usually just copies of other peoples products (you'll notice Helix came out with their 02 housing pretty early in the game). Usually with the replica stuff the material is a bit more inferior as is the craftsmanship. Now if the Ebay ones are not cracking, that's pretty good and if they're cheap enough, you should go for it. If the price difference is only like $50 though, it may perhaps be worth considering the better name branded products, depending on ease of replacement. Also there's a danger in calling "ebay" its own brand. It's not - sometimes there are copies of copies of products. Just because company A and company B are both selling the "EVO 02 outlet" they may not be from the same manufacturer or exhibit the same characteristics.... Just something to think about

Cheers,

Gary
Gruppe-S
Old Sep 19, 2006, 04:01 PM

I look at the ebay o2 housing and xs power dp and they look very similar if not the exact same as the helix ones. Maybe they're all made in china at the same factory and helix just slaps on their name???
Old Sep 19, 2006, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AmSFighter
I look at the ebay o2 housing and xs power dp and they look very similar if not the exact same as the helix ones. Maybe they're all made in china at the same factory and helix just slaps on their name???
bingo
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

+1 on that...they all look exactly the same to me so I would personally buy the ebay one (again).
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:11 PM

Ebay housing range from $60-85. I believe the TTP engineering has them for like 104. I'm getting ready to order there downpipe and resonated test-pipe. If the products look good, i'll just order the 02 housing later prior to putting on exhaust
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:33 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have about 12 in stock right now. Haven't gotten around to posting this info up until now. Usually these are backordered.

Ships same day as ordered.

Thanks!

Oh yeah... 1 year warranty on all our O2 housings. Free replacement.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

sweet, how much exactly?
Old Sep 20, 2006, 03:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Gruppe-S
Not sure how much the Ebay one is going for, but the Ebay ones are usually just copies of other peoples products (you'll notice Helix came out with their 02 housing pretty early in the game). Usually with the replica stuff the material is a bit more inferior as is the craftsmanship. Now if the Ebay ones are not cracking, that's pretty good and if they're cheap enough, you should go for it. If the price difference is only like $50 though, it may perhaps be worth considering the better name branded products, depending on ease of replacement. Also there's a danger in calling "ebay" its own brand. It's not - sometimes there are copies of copies of products. Just because company A and company B are both selling the "EVO 02 outlet" they may not be from the same manufacturer or exhibit the same characteristics.... Just something to think about

Cheers,

Gary
Gruppe-S
how thick is the helix one? is it thicker than the ebay varients? i hear the mines o2 housing which is the exact same is much thicker... wonder if mines copied helix too...

on a side note... i always thot helix copied stuff... do they not?
Old Sep 20, 2006, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by okevolutionVIII
The ebay housing suprisingly makes more power and is cheaper. Listen to everyone and do not waste your money on the same thing that has a company name on it. BTW, the Buschur housing is a coated ebay one.

+1
Old Sep 20, 2006, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

one thing to watch out for is that the gaskets that come with the ebay housing are crap.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 06:15 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nauticabri
sweet, how much exactly?
Blowing out the last few of this batch at $99.