Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Wiring Harness Update

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2003, 11:56 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 units of which one?
Old May 8, 2003, 01:48 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
10 of the Field harnesses.. He probably contacted the same people I did after I posted the info..
Old May 8, 2003, 03:39 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes 10 of the Field units, though we do not deal with their US supplier.

We ordered these back in March..finally got word they are in our next shipment!

Adam
Old May 8, 2003, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Z1 Performance, im interested int he harness. i sent you a pm. i need need one of these asap. thanks
-Andy
Old May 8, 2003, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

So these are the extension harnesses that will plug directly into and work with the US Evo8, correct?

If so, put me on the list. I'll send you a PM as well.

Thanks!
Old May 8, 2003, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Z1 Performance

Adam
If this is the harness that will allow me to install an S-AFC or the XEDE without cutting the factory wiring harness, I want one. Please let me know where to make the payment, etc.

Thanks,
Old May 8, 2003, 10:52 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Before we all go jumping for joy... does anyone know for sure they will work on our EVO VIII's?
Old May 9, 2003, 12:47 AM
Evolving Member

I PM'd the guy and asked for more specific information / gaurantee of compatibility with US Evo8. Hopefully he gets back to me soon.
Old May 9, 2003, 08:21 AM
EvoM Guru

I will be going down to Z1 at some point when these harnesses come in, and I will verify that they are correct.. However, if they ordered the part # that I had earlier in my thread.. Its the same part # for the EVO 7, and a few others.. Now I have empiracle evidence that the connectors are the same between the two cars.. Another member of this forum plugged in a Ralliart ECU into their Evo8.. The car ran crappy, but the connectors fit, all that says is that the physical connectors are the same, and that is all we're going for with this part.
Old May 9, 2003, 08:22 AM
EvoM Guru

Oh and I just got a note from the manufacturers of the connectors.. Their sending me several samples after all.. Not very important at this point considering the price for the Field harness is comparable to what I would be charging for them.
Old May 10, 2003, 09:24 PM
jfh
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MalibuJack
I will be going down to Z1 at some point when these harnesses come in, and I will verify that they are correct.. However, if they ordered the part # that I had earlier in my thread.. Its the same part # for the EVO 7, and a few others.. Now I have empiracle evidence that the connectors are the same between the two cars.. Another member of this forum plugged in a Ralliart ECU into their Evo8.. The car ran crappy, but the connectors fit, all that says is that the physical connectors are the same, and that is all we're going for with this part.
Shiv wrote in a different thread that the connectors are the same but the pin-outs are different. Could be why the Ralliart ECU ran crappy.
Old May 12, 2003, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Z1 Performance

Adam
Any word on these yet? I want one ASAP......
Old May 12, 2003, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by jfh

Shiv wrote in a different thread that the connectors are the same but the pin-outs are different. Could be why the Ralliart ECU ran crappy.
That does not mnake any sense. if the harnesses fit physically, they ought to work just fine. I don't see why they would make a harness that has the wires crossed..
The reason the Ralliart ECU is probably not working as expected is that it is made for "N group" racing and that means it has "less" power than our cars, it's also mapped to operate with a smaller, less powerful turbo!!
I think that these harnesses are the answer to our quest as long as they are high quality, well made products without continuity problems or excessive impedance. I want one !!!
Old May 12, 2003, 07:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Actually its entirely possible its wired slightly differently.. Keep in mind not all of the pins are connected, and we have OBD-II, which means data lines also are run.. The injector (bank) order could be different, or it could be calibrated for other differences.. We do know there are some differences between the JDM and USDM models of the car.. ACD is one example of something that would have ECU functions.. The wiring harnesses are built to have every pin connected, so anything that shares these connectors, they will work with.. THe trick is if the connectors are tinned or gold, gold will be less likely to corrode or have continuity problems over the years.. The wiring should be high quality copper stranded wire, fairly heavy, and about 10cm or less to give the least amount of resistence. I definitely suggest giving your business to Z1-Performance, but you may want to give it some time until I can post an evaluation of the harnesses. I have them getting two for me.. one to use in my car, and one to test for quality, fit, durability, etc..
Old May 12, 2003, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MalibuJack
Actually its entirely possible its wired slightly differently.. Keep in mind not all of the pins are connected, and we have OBD-II, which means data lines also are run.. The injector (bank) order could be different, or it could be calibrated for other differences.. We do know there are some differences between the JDM and USDM models of the car.. ACD is one example of something that would have ECU functions.. The wiring harnesses are built to have every pin connected, so anything that shares these connectors, they will work with.. THe trick is if the connectors are tinned or gold, gold will be less likely to corrode or have continuity problems over the years.. The wiring should be high quality copper stranded wire, fairly heavy, and about 10cm or less to give the least amount of resistence. I definitely suggest giving your business to Z1-Performance, but you may want to give it some time until I can post an evaluation of the harnesses. I have them getting two for me.. one to use in my car, and one to test for quality, fit, durability, etc..
I believe the ACD is controlled by a separate computer, they sell those too at Ralliart. You might be correct in that not all the pins are wired... if that's the case we could have some seripous problems......

Quick Reply: Wiring Harness Update