Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Wait..what's this? Another true daily driver running 10.17???!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2006, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I have seen no gains in the header kits compared to our manifold kits and 2.5" 02 housings.

That is fact. The cars all make about the same power when they come through here, it is dependant on the amount of mods, cams, octane etc. All GT35R kits I have seen have been close enough to not say "Wow this kit makes an additional 25 whp!" Never done that.
Thanks for the reply, Dave. I'm very interested in your opinion why that would be true for Evo kits, given that headers have generally yielded better flow, higher evacuation, and thus higher performance than cast manifolds in both N/A and turbo'd applications. I thought that's why all the premium level kits, including Buschurs, included SS headers and larger O2 housings. Do all kits really perform about the same, whether they have cast or tubular manifolds? You're the dyno guru, but that conclusion would be a major revision of generally held belief.

Does your opinion (that headers make no more power than cast manifolds on a 35R kit) extend to the P-trim turbo kits, or only 35R turbo kits?

Is there some level at which the cast manifold no longer keeps up?

Why do you offer the header kits at a higher cost, if the cast manifold / O2 housing performs as well, and costs less?

Do you see advantages to the header kit you sell over the cast manifold kit under any use or conditions?

Thanks for your reply.

Last edited by CO_VR4; Sep 23, 2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow. that sounds freakin awesome!
Old Sep 23, 2006, 02:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm running 33 psi daily on my 35r for over a month now and i haven't had one problem yet.. Boosting everyday to and from work for fun ... Stock block, stock head, stock intake mani, everything else is built
Old Sep 25, 2006, 05:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I feel that the cast manifold it designed decently will perform as good as most of the header kits on the market. In some back to back testing we did here the gains on the same car were a wash.

We do not offer our cast manifold to be used with the Ptrim turbo, the turbine wheel is too big to work in the FP turbine housing that's the only reason. If there is ever an FP housing available to accept the Ptrim we would offer it then.

The only reason we offer the header kits is some people want a header, they will not take a cast manifold. I don't want to pass up sales on a turbo kit to that guy.

A header, if built right, definetely looks kick butt under the hood. It's like to different worlds, my car right now you can barely tell has a big turbo kit on it. If it wasn't for the 44mm wastegate it would be very hard to tell. I like that clean look. The kit uses our polished SS heat shield or for that matter you can put the stock heatshield back on it. I am using the same cold air intake I was on our 20g-9-5 kit. So under the hood looks very similar to what it did.

Daniel's car on the other hand when you pop the hood looks nasty. Big header sticking up there right in your face, very intimidating.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Update. 9.97 at 142.32 mph!!! In the 9's in a true daily driven EVO on BFG Drag Radials. Drove it to and from the track watching the TV!!
Old Sep 25, 2006, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Update. 9.97 at 142.32 mph!!! In the 9's in a true daily driven EVO on BFG Drag Radials. Drove it to and from the track watching the TV!!

Congrats Dave!!! So I guess you beat your bro to the 9's.....

Giving me inspiration for next year!! What size DR's are you running?

Last edited by SubiEvolved; Sep 25, 2006 at 06:02 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 01:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SubiEvolved
Congrats Dave!!! So I guess you beat your bro to the 9's.....
Lol

Last edited by Ang Wen Yan; Sep 26, 2006 at 01:58 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Drag radials are 225/45/17's.

There is a lot of interest in the tire/wheel combo on my car. I actually want to sell the wheel/tires off the car and buy something else. They are brand new other than the 40 street miles and 10 runs down the track.

Here is what it is. Motegi Tracklites, gun metal with a polished lip. 17x7 with a +42 offset. the fronts require a wheel spacer to work with the stock brakes and longer wheel studs in the front. Back bolts right on.

I will sell the wheels/tires, lug nuts, spacer and studs for $1250 plus shipping. That's dirt cheap.