Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AMS 2.3L + RnR GT30R results

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2006, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scorke
Show me a RNR 3076 or 50 trim that made 500whp, thats my point.

Yes a lot comes down to the setup, but when lots of cars share one particular component (turbokit) and produce lower than normal numbers, I find that odd or interesting.

Scorke
Also please show me a err umm (insert your turbokit here) that made 500whp. Last I checked you couldn't crack it on race gas, built/stroked motor, and 30psi. Close but no cigar better watch out because the ATP guys are catching up to you
Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RNR 50 trims?

Scorke
lol oo no i didnt see that..nah i havent seen any rnrs have..but tt and ams kits have made 500whp
Old Sep 27, 2006, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Do u have the .63 A/R or the .48 A/R on RnR 3076R turbo? Did u buy kit on the last group buy?

Last edited by kiddevo; Sep 27, 2006 at 12:59 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kiddevo
Do u have the .63 A/R or the .48 A/R on RnR 3076R turbo? Did u buy kit on the last group buy?
it's .83 if i'm not mistaken. no i bought it quite sometime ago, sometime last year.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fr34k
it's .83 if i'm not mistaken. no i bought it quite sometime ago, sometime last year.
If its a RnR 3076R from awhile ago it should have .48 A/R.They just started to use .63 A/R a couple of months back.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=15018.0

Here's your 500 WHP RNR 3076R dyno sheet.

Stop giving the guy such a hard time.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by M5150

Don't waiste your time. Now people will post that it is "the only one" or something like that.

It is always interesting when people with no experience at all with something will tell you what a POS it is. How do they know this? Are the automotive engineers or turbo system designers? No, they read it on the internet or maybe they slept at a Holiday Inn Express.

The recent ATP kit dyno thread is a good example of just how much all the "experts" on here know.

It is really very simple. If you have no direct experience with something or the education/ professional experience necessary to form an educated opinion, then your opinion doesn't really matter, isn't worth much and probably should be kept to yourself.

Last edited by robertrinaustin; Sep 28, 2006 at 12:30 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robertrinaustin
Don't waiste your time. Now people will post that it is "the only one" or something like that.

It is always interesting when people with no experience at all with something will tell you what a POS it is. How do they know this? Are the automotive engineers or turbo system designers? No, they read it on the internet or maybe they slept at a Holiday Inn Express.

The recent ATP kit dyno thread is a good example of just how much all the "experts" on here know.

It is really very simple. If you have no direct experience with something or the education/ professional experience necessary to form an educated opinion, then your opinion doesn't really matter, isn't worth much and probably should be kept to yourself.
nice
Old Sep 28, 2006, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by M5150

Thank you, it's amazing how quickly the doubters have quieted down. That's what I find funny about forums; there is so much misinformation that people buy into and start believing it.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

^That is def is a good result !! Is that laggy for a 3076 on a 2.0 or not, my only graphs of my 3076 on my 2.0 was with a huge exhaust leak (pre turbo) so I dont know what to expect for a properly setup 3076 on a 2.0.

Scorke
Old Sep 29, 2006, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fr34k
22psi on 91oct and 26psi on 110 oct
had to stop there since I need to move on to bigger stuff like bigger throttle body due to the 2.3 (tuner said this)
and here is the dynosheet.
it was tuned by Alfred from Tuning Technologies using ECUFlash..
let me know what do you guys think..
car spools just like stock turbo, or even better

Those numbers for 91 oct seem ok considering the gas used, but on 110 oct 26 psi, the numbers do seem a little low (438 hp, 389 tq). The best solution is to take it to the track and look at trap speeds. Those don't lie. Dyno numbers are hard to compare a lot of times. We all can agree with that. The important thing is that you're happy with the car. It doesn't matter what other people think.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by midwestmonster
Those numbers for 91 oct seem ok considering the gas used, but on 110 oct 26 psi, the numbers do seem a little low (438 hp, 389 tq). The best solution is to take it to the track and look at trap speeds. Those don't lie. Dyno numbers are hard to compare a lot of times. We all can agree with that. The important thing is that you're happy with the car. It doesn't matter what other people think.
yes it seems a little low to me too..
what kind of trap speeds should I expect with 110 leaded?
and what about on 91oct?
thanks
Old Sep 29, 2006, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

hard to tell. I would guess on pump gas (91) you should be trapping 115 or so and 120+ on race gas. I'm basing this on the fact that I dynoed 318hp PEAK and would consistantly trap 110 on the stock turbo. Your power curve compared to a stock turbo is MUCH better though so I could be a little on the low side.

Your best bet is to go to the track and find out
Old Sep 29, 2006, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ He is talking about every result that a RNR kit has put down on these boards vs the like of say a TTRIX, Full Race, AMS, or Buschur kit. You don't have to have any personal experience with something to know that it has the reputation of putting out low or abnormal numbers.

What sort of power did your RNR BB 50 Trim put down? I've seen a couple out of TT and AMS's stable that put out 500+ on race gas and low-mid 400's on pump, did your RNR kit perform like that?

Scorke
Mine put out well over 500. Granted I was using a sc61 however, that was on a completely bone stock head, stock cams of course, stock ecu, stock tb, stock intake manifold and at only 30psi. After I increase fuel delivery and put a wbo2 on there I can bump it up another 5psi and run well over 600whp.

Not to mention once I add just the cams its over. So not sure of what your talking about.

All the turbo kits put out around the same numbers(figuring of course they are running identical supporting mods and boost levels). Its all in the tuner and the type of dyno and car because each car dynoes differently. I can put on 2 identical cars on the dyno and they will dyno differently.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hear ya, I however for one believe that there manifold and usually hotside choice are the only elements that could really be hurting there numbers, which makes sense since the intake side of the turbo and wastegates are the same on all kits.

I understand your shooting for 450whp, but when people have made 500whp on the same setup as you why are you setting your sights low? I think if everything is solid on your motor you would be far closer to 500whp than 450whp, dont be so hard on yourself

I'm not being funny but do you seriously have any numbers or dynos of high output rnr 50 trims or 30rs?

Scorke
Thier manifold actually not only makes some of the best whp out there but it also comes with a unrivaled lifetime warranty.

Also the notion of rnr 50trim kits with over 500whp not existing isnt because they dont make a good turbo kit its because of their lack of customers who chose to run the 50trims. However, they do have plenty of customers on 35r and 37 turbos with 700+ whp. Ryan also did a 40r setup for a local guy(named paulo) who is pushing over 840wheel.

Now when you are referring to other companies making huge numbers thats USUALLY because its their shop car, and of course their shop car will be tuned to perfection and of course they are trying to reach peak numbers.

There is a huge difference between a peak tune and a relaibly streetable tune.

Anyways, when chosing a turbo kit its mostly personal preference. Almost any brand is as good as any other.

Quick Reply: AMS 2.3L + RnR GT30R results