Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Quickest/Cheapest way to get an Evo 8 to 300-350hp?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2006, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nitrous is a NO NO. Ams stage one will get you 320hp. With a downpipe and test pipe you looking at 330 335hp. No nitrous. Nobody uses nitrous on an evo to gain hp.
AMS and Buschur are all turbo and motor. Don't get nitrous. AMS stage 1 with dp and test pipe will work. MBC is a def
Old Sep 28, 2006, 06:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by MinorThreat
Quickest/Cheapest way to get an Evo 8 to 300-350hp? Simply im using it as a quarter mile and daily driver. Obviously a TBE and reflash is comming shorty. Im just curious as what to do other then this. I have a problem of not being close to a shop I would trust with working on my EVO so I'm going to have to look into a mail in flash. Any Suggestions on any of these items? Thank you

-MT
What year is your Evo?
Old Sep 28, 2006, 06:20 PM

I have an 03 evo and I made 340 with 272 cams, TBE, fuel pump,MBC and a flashat Turbo Trix. With this setup most 03 & 04 make up to 350 WHP on 93 octane.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by boostinjuice
Nitrous is a NO NO. Ams stage one will get you 320hp. With a downpipe and test pipe you looking at 330 335hp. No nitrous. Nobody uses nitrous on an evo to gain hp.
AMS and Buschur are all turbo and motor. Don't get nitrous. AMS stage 1 with dp and test pipe will work. MBC is a def
of course nobody does...who uses nitrous nowadays?

but he did as what is the cheapest/fastest way...and coincidentally nitrous is a fast/cheap way to gain power
Old Sep 28, 2006, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
i would say, my performance mods with instead of a 264 Intake, use 272 and add a 10.5 hotside. I'm going to be around 350 with the 10.5 hotside, but i'm also going to add the AMS LICP.

edit: and use a flash and not AEM EMS

Last edited by AndyBandy; Sep 28, 2006 at 06:32 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
1) Saying "HP" means crank horsepower, and you could argue that the 05/06 Evos already have 300 crank HP. It takes almost no mods to get 350HP, but then again there's no way to verify it's 350HP without an engine dyno, so the question has no merit.

2) 300-350 is a huge gap. It is a lot harder to get 350 than it is to get 300, so which one is it? You can't give a 50HP (or WHP) gap...

3) Any of this really depends on what year you have and the octane you use.

4) Seriously, how hard is it to search first?
way to give a positive, productive response yet again. if nothing changed ever, search would answer everything like you seem to think. theres always new info out there and people like to ask and get a direct response. if that wasnt the case, the board would not exist. it would be a static research page. and if someone has a "hp" question, you know damn well they mean wheel hp.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 08:37 PM

Lol Evo8zip nice respronse. I kinda like warrtalon but he does like to belittle us newbies. I was at work and searching was taking to long with to many interruptions and not getting the info I was looking for. Thank you guys for the great responces! Btw its a 2005 and NOS is not gonna happen.

-MT
Old Sep 28, 2006, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Dude 350 is not impossible. I have a friend that made 350whp with the following mods.

TBE
MBC
Walbro FP
HKS 272's
Intake
Intercooler Upgrade
Proper Tuning ( reflash )

Actually he made 340 without the intercooler and a TT reflash.

He then installed the IC then got retuned and made almost 360whp. hope this helps Goodluck with your venture..
Old Sep 28, 2006, 08:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DanJ
nitrous.

two bottles
Old Sep 28, 2006, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

50shot nitrous will do...
Old Sep 28, 2006, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo8zip
way to give a positive, productive response yet again. if nothing changed ever, search would answer everything like you seem to think. theres always new info out there and people like to ask and get a direct response. if that wasnt the case, the board would not exist. it would be a static research page. and if someone has a "hp" question, you know damn well they mean wheel hp.
You are wrong on so many levels, but as long as people like you continue to survive, we will continue to have lazy people who claim that they search but never really do, then they make a new thread that further clutters the search engine making it more and more difficult to use. It's a self-perpetuating problem caused by noobs who don't follow the rules and the people who hold their hands.

My answer was constructive, and NO, not everyone means WHP. Many people don't even have a clue there's a difference, so my #1 was quite valid. My #2 also is valid, and he still has not answered that one even though it's critical for giving him the proper answer 50HP is too big of a gap. #3 is also very important, but he's only answered half of that question, so we have to make an assumption that they have 92oct if he really lives in Washington state. #4 is the only one you seem to want to focus on. Well, get over it.

MinorThreat, there's no way you searchd and didn't find these answers a million times unless you were actually trying to search for "300-350HP," which would just be...well...you know.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
You are wrong on so many levels, but as long as people like you continue to survive, we will continue to have lazy people who claim that they search but never really do, then they make a new thread that further clutters the search engine making it more and more difficult to use. It's a self-perpetuating problem caused by noobs who don't follow the rules and the people who hold their hands.

My answer was constructive, and NO, not everyone means WHP. Many people don't even have a clue there's a difference, so my #1 was quite valid. My #2 also is valid, and he still has not answered that one even though it's critical for giving him the proper answer 50HP is too big of a gap. #3 is also very important, but he's only answered half of that question, so we have to make an assumption that they have 92oct if he really lives in Washington state. #4 is the only one you seem to want to focus on. Well, get over it.

MinorThreat, there's no way you searchd and didn't find these answers a million times unless you were actually trying to search for "300-350HP," which would just be...well...you know.
Gotta love him! He does have a valid point, but also the search option on these forums isnt the best. If you go to freshalloy.com (nissan forums) they have a great search feature and brings you exactly what your looking for while here you type in, just for example, wax. It shows you all pages that ever existed that have just the word wax in them! Its could use some refining. Anyways back to the point at hand. It seems that if you follow the staged packages from either AMS, Buschur, or Vishnu it should get you what you want. Mind you i believe most of those packages are based on crank HP not wheel. If im wrong though please correct me.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

If you do a search for "350 hp" there are a handfull of threads that seem to be relevant. However, none have been responded to in the last five months. Technology changes, so I think this thread is reasonable. I guess he could have "revived" an old thread, but don't act like this thread is sooooo ridiculous.

If you do a search for "cheapest 350 hp" you get a total of ZERO results.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by McDougal
If you do a search for "350 hp" there are a handfull of threads that seem to be relevant. However, none have been responded to in the last five months. Technology changes, so I think this thread is reasonable. I guess he could have "revived" an old thread, but don't act like this thread is sooooo ridiculous.

If you do a search for "cheapest 350 hp" you get a total of ZERO results.
I in no way meant it to sound like that. Im sorry if it did. I totally agree. New products have come out and its good to restart and see what other peoples results with these products have been.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah put Nitrous on it and blow up your Evo.
On Evo 03 VIII and desiring 300whp
Downpipe
K&n drop in
Either high flow cat or catless(preferred)
catback
MBC or EBC
AMS LICP
and most important Tuning
with these simple mods 300whp is no problem

For 350whp just add cams some race gas and a 10.5 exhaust housing,new tune and your good to go
Alky injections also will get you there also.
Search engine is your friend just use it and you can get all the answers you need plus see Dyno graphs to back them up.

Quick Reply: Quickest/Cheapest way to get an Evo 8 to 300-350hp?