Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Quickest/Cheapest way to get an Evo 8 to 300-350hp?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2006, 09:37 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by Dapper Dan; Sep 28, 2006 at 09:53 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 09:43 PM
Account Disabled

i think i tripple posted lol....it wont let me delete them

Last edited by Dapper Dan; Sep 28, 2006 at 10:05 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
You are wrong on so many levels, but as long as people like you continue to survive, we will continue to have lazy people who claim that they search but never really do, then they make a new thread that further clutters the search engine making it more and more difficult to use. It's a self-perpetuating problem caused by noobs who don't follow the rules and the people who hold their hands.
Warrtalon, step back a moment and ask yourself: why does evolutionm.net exist? Is it so we can maintain a meticulously uncluttered search engine? Is it so that once somebody asks a question and someone else answers it, the topic is deemed dead and must never be brought up again? I think not.

This forum exists so people can talk with each other.

Elegant in its simplicity, isn't it?

Allow newbies to ask questions that have been asked before. Time can change the answers. And other newbies might have better answers!

Allow reposts of interesting videos and stories. Many of us have never seen them and wouldn't think to search for "burning evo" for example.

And most importantly, allow others to use this forum in ways that you might not totally agree with. Each of us is only one person. Sharing is good.

Thanks for reading.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:25 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evoatcha
Warrtalon, step back a moment and ask yourself: why does evolutionm.net exist? Is it so we can maintain a meticulously uncluttered search engine? Is it so that once somebody asks a question and someone else answers it, the topic is deemed dead and must never be brought up again? I think not.

This forum exists so people can talk with each other.

Elegant in its simplicity, isn't it?

Allow newbies to ask questions that have been asked before. Time can change the answers. And other newbies might have better answers!

Allow reposts of interesting videos and stories. Many of us have never seen them and wouldn't think to search for "burning evo" for example.

And most importantly, allow others to use this forum in ways that you might not totally agree with. Each of us is only one person. Sharing is good.

Thanks for reading.
Wrong noob. This website serves as a living archive for information. When new questions come up people post them and they are addressed. Old threads are archived for quick reference. If new threads cost the poster $1 we wouldn't have this problem. Instead people get lazy and/or have the audacity to think that, just because they think it's a good question, it's never been discussed before. Odds are that if you have a question it's been answered before...at least 20 times...dating back to 2003.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Buy everything used. That's about as cheap as it's gonna get. I spent less than $1000 on what's in my sig.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:45 PM

[QUOTE=MYEVOVIII]Yeah put Nitrous on it and blow up your Evo.

and you have tried nitrous i take it.
you guys honestly have no idea at times. nitrous is quite safe when used properly . no diff then putting a huge turbo on as long as you have the supporting mods. my mate has 100 shot nitrous running at the moment with same mods as me and pulled an 11.9 with a ****ed gearbox the other night on the 1/4, no nitrous. has has run a couple of 10 sec commodores (same as your 6.0 liter pontiacs) and put them to shame when the nitrous hits. downfall is the cost to run it. he drag races all the time so to him it is worth it. nitrous isnt everyones cup of tea but it does work and works well. helps if you have deep pockets.
all im saying guys is dont flame something you have no experience with as is the case in a lot of threads here. the turbo threads are a classic example.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:57 PM

at what HP level (at the crank) the walbro 255 is required?

thanks.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 01:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turd Squirter
Wrong noob. This website serves as a living archive for information. When new questions come up people post them and they are addressed. Old threads are archived for quick reference. If new threads cost the poster $1 we wouldn't have this problem. Instead people get lazy and/or have the audacity to think that, just because they think it's a good question, it's never been discussed before. Odds are that if you have a question it's been answered before...at least 20 times...dating back to 2003.
Yeah, you're kinda missing my point there, Sir Turd (c'mon...you set yourself up for that one). I'm a newbie on this site, but I've been posting on BBS servers and forums (even running some) since about 1985, so I know of what I speak. If you want a "living archive" go to Wikipedia. Search there and ye shall find. Evolutionm.net is a discussion forum, for people to discuss. New people sign up here every day and bring valuable new perspectives and information. Some questions that were answered years or months or even just weeks ago become outdated and need to be asked and answered again. Sure, doing a search here can sometimes lead to good information, but more often than not it leads to many unrelated threads that happened to mention the search word at some point. That's why newbies ask questions again. To discuss them with the other fascinating humans in this forum, like you! I suggest that you will be a lot happier if you think of evolutionm.net as a place that welcomes open discussion of all things Evo, not a place to police for the laziness and audacity of newbies from your high horse of senior-member-dom.

Oh, and you're right, "if new threads cost the poster $1 we wouldn't have this problem" ...that's because we wouldn't have this forum! Nobody pays for this stuff except the sponsor/advertisers.

My apologies to the OP for taking this thread momentarily off topic.
The following users liked this post:
gbarnachea (Sep 22, 2022)
Old Sep 29, 2006, 02:04 AM

i've never posted(bragged) about my mods and power before but i felt i should defend my incredibly reliable 03 and 03's in general.

hks intake
hks downpipe
invidia cat-delete
greddy ti exhaust
custom vishnu reflash
blitz VTA bov <-------ponder this one fellas

332whp 342 tq on a dynojet(yeah yeah so what? still a nice number and still fast :P neener neener)

no adjustable boost controller, or anything else. boost is set at 21psi and tapers to 18-19. stock clutch at 24k, and never any problem whatsoever except my shortthrow i added later has broken the neutral spring and one of the bolts is now stripped.

oh yeah add a anodized red momo race shift knob that i haven't seen in any other car to the mod list. not a power adder but i just think its really nice.

after 2 years since the tune, the car has been too reliable and smile inducing to screw up the tune fighting for a few more pony's to beat faster richer friends. How i beat them is by having fun, fast reliable car that makes me smile. My recomendation for when your evo starts to seem slow is to buy a very slow daily driver.

ps evolutionm.net, warttalon and all anti-warrtalon were created to put a smile to my face and a laugh in my belly. also there is limitless information on how not to blow up your evo by learning from the idiots and the tuner gods who have done it already.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

the mods i have in my sig should theoretically net you 330-340 whp on a 03 Evo 8 such as yours.

with methanol injection it should be 360-370 whp (which is my next mod.) maybe a bit more with a larger FMIC
in addition to my sig, u should throw a MR DV or IX DV in there to.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mracing5625
+1 with the ams stages and buschur stages!!! plus al's tune
This is so wrong, the staged upgrade path is FAR from the cheapest way to get 300-350 whp. Give me a break.

This thread is the QUICKEST/CHEAPEST WAY TO 300-350 HP! I have no idea why so many people in this thread are saying "no nitrous" "staged upgrades" "get this part that you dont need, get that part that also wont help but is cool."

Answer the question that was asked guys, don't just go rambling about your ideal setup.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry, Mr. Twisty, but there's no way those basic mods on an 03 made 332whp/342wtq, ESPECIALLY not with ECU-controlled boost that only maxes at 21psi. Those mods wouldn't even get close to those numbers, and to get 10 more WTQ than WHP, you have to push a lot of boost. Honestly, you'd be lucky to have 300whp with those mods...

Do you have any drag times to verify these claimed numbers? Also, the VTA BOV has nothing to do with the power levels, so there's nothing to ponder. You're just hurting yourself and your car for no reason by using it. There is absolutely no benefit to having it.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MYEVOVIII
Yeah put Nitrous on it and blow up your Evo.
On Evo 03 VIII and desiring 300whp
Downpipe
K&n drop in
Either high flow cat or catless(preferred)
catback
MBC or EBC
AMS LICP
and most important Tuning
with these simple mods 300whp is no problem

For 350whp just add cams some race gas and a 10.5 exhaust housing,new tune and your good to go
Alky injections also will get you there also.
Search engine is your friend just use it and you can get all the answers you need plus see Dyno graphs to back them up.
He asked for the quickest & cheapest, and nitrous is probably the true answer.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:05 AM
Evolving Member

Nitrous is the cheapest and easiest way to reach that goal, and it's completely safe if done correctly. I've used nitrous for years on various cars, the only time I damaged something was when I got greedy and tried to run a 100 shot and 24 psi on pump gas. It worked fine with a 75 shot, the extra 25 was just too much for pump and I broke the ring lands on two pistons.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Joe P MBC
Boost Gauge
Cutout
Catback removed
ECU
50 Shot
Race Gas

=~350whp i guess.Nitrous will not blow your engine up if you done everything correctly.