Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need Help Flooded Engine!!! Engine seized??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2006, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dubbleugly01
It would still be best in my opinion, to pull the plugs and turn it over by hand. You'll need to remove the front passenger wheel, and there is a rubber grommet in the wheel well that's about 1 1/2" in diameter, pull the grommet and you will see the crank pulley bolt, nice and shiny. I forget the size, but it's probably around 21mm. Turn clockwise as others have suggested and make sure you don't meet up with any real resistance to verify the motor is ok. Turn it, but don't force it. You should have zero compression with the plugs out and it should spin relatively easy. If it spins over freely, leave the plugs out, and use the starter to turn it over. You won't spin it fast enough to get the liquid out by hand, but the start should shoot the meth out the spark plug hole if the cylinder is full. Make sure you have the gas peddle fully depressed as others have suggested.

It's still possible the cylinders could be full of liquid, or keep filling due to meth in your intake piping. I'm not sure if the methanol actually evaporates out of the cylinders, or leaks past the rings into your crankcase if you let it sit overnight. I'd bet it leaks past the rings.
Well trying to do it the manual method didn't help as the crank would not turn freely even w/ some extra force. I'm going to let it sit and hope that I have better luck in the morning
Old Sep 29, 2006, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
had this issue...thought my motor was dead...pumped the meth out ...of the cylinders rotated the motor...blah blah blah...long story short...she's been good to me ever since...she got over the meth abuse and loves the stuff now

...you can throw away your stained boxers now.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Creamo3
Well trying to do it the manual method didn't help as the crank would not turn freely even w/ some extra force. I'm going to let it sit and hope that I have better luck in the morning
did you take the plugs out?
Old Sep 29, 2006, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

ur starter isnt cranking because there isnt enough power from the battery. The battery is dead. You will have white some come out of your car when you get it running but thats just the meth buring off. If you have Horespower freaks meth kit on there take it off.

btw you wont be able to crank the motor by hand with the plugs in becuase you will build compression by cranking the motor with the plugs in.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 10:57 PM
Account Disabled

It definately flooded on me so far you are spot on. I just freaked out thinking I seized it like a dummy. I'm going to try and crank it to get whatever remaining out. You guys are a god send. I love EvoM
Bro - what ever you do - DONT be laying under the fmic pipe when you losen it - I got about a half gallon of meth dumped on my head when I tired that stunt !

Now - I stand over the car and let it dump into a bukcet !

You will be fine ()I hope)

Good luck
Old Sep 29, 2006, 10:58 PM
Account Disabled

Dont forget to take out the spark plugs !
Old Sep 29, 2006, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

If you filled the cylinders with liquid.....which doesnt compress, you can bend the rods.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by althemean
did you take the plugs out?
Yes the plugs are out, that was how I was able to see liquid in cylinder 3 and 4. I am going to try jumping the car w/ my girlfriends and see if it turns over. Otherwise this could be an expensive day.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes the plugs are out, that was how I was able to see liquid in cylinder 3 and 4. I am going to try jumping the car w/ my girlfriends and see if it turns over. Otherwise this could be an expensive day.
It will start, maybe "rougher" than normal, if there is still some Meth in the intake. standing by.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Old Sep 30, 2006, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Old Sep 30, 2006, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Well I think the starter is fried, but the good thing is that the engine turns over fine when I manually crank it. I pulled the starter out and had the g/f turn the car over and it wouldn't turn. I'm guessing that the motor is fried on the starter.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by smokedmustang
that isht is too funny..what movie is that?
Old Sep 30, 2006, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Igor, She's Alive!!! I took the starter out, cleaned it up, and talked nicely to it. Put it back in and the car is turning over. THANKS to all that helped; and yes I changed my soiled drawers
Old Sep 30, 2006, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Love the meth, just make sure to remove the cap on the resevoir when pressure testing the system.
First of all, glad to hear she's alive. I bet thats a huge relief.

Something I wanted to point out though was that there should be a check valve on the SMC kits. It's located between the brass T-fitting and the braided ss line. I believe its main purpose is to keep any fluid from being sucked into the intake while under vacuum(idling/cruising). Its design should not allow pressure to exit the intake and flow towards the reservoir as well. I've done numerous boost leak tests and have never pressurized the reservoir. In fact, after installing the nozzle/t-fitting/pressure gauge assembly on the uicp, I did a boost leak test before hooking up the ss line and saw no pressure exiting at that location.

So IMO you either:
- don't have a check valve
- the cv is not sealing properly
- or somehow the system was active while you were doing the boost leak test which caused meth to be pumped in.

Quick Reply: Need Help Flooded Engine!!! Engine seized??