Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Forge WGA Maybe? - Boost issue.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2006 | 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Forge WGA Maybe? - Boost issue.

I've searched briefly for "Forge WGA" and didn't come up with much. I have one of these on my car and was wondering if they can go bad and what are signs of them going bad? The reason I ask is because my car won't make any boost. When I tried dynoing on race gas, the boost maxed at 23 psi and wouldn't make anymore. We unplugged the wastegate and still it made no more than 23 psi. I could turn the MBC down and it would go down but I guess I don't really know what else to point to. The turbo doesn't have much, if any shaftplay. The car has no boost leaks-I checked.

The current issue is that the car doesn't make much boost now. I haven't changed anything and it's only been a week or two since that day. Nothing's been touched or tweaked. It makes 15+psi w/ a slow creep in 4th, and 12 psi in 5th. This is with the MBC all the way down and the WG still at the same position it was at.

I was thinking maybe the turbo is dying but it doesn't smoke or have any shaftplay. Any ideas would be much appreciated. I'm not too worried about the issue as this is only a temporary thing, but I'd like to have fun for now for the time that it is on the car.
Old Oct 6, 2006 | 03:08 PM
Pd1
Evolved Member

If you haven't *pressure tested* your IC system, then do so. I know you said you checked for boost leaks, but if you didn't pressurize the system, you didn't really check.

Also, a blockage in the exhaust can cause these types of symptoms. If the catalyst element in the converter is broken, it can reduce exhaust flow and therefore, your ability to build boost.

Chances are that your WGA is fine, but you can check it by putting a pump on to the vacuum nipple and watch for the arm to move at a given pressure level.

Good luck.
Old Oct 6, 2006 | 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

We unplugged the wastegate and still it made no more than 23 psi.... haven't changed anything...Nothing's been touched or tweaked
Boost leak.
Old Oct 6, 2006 | 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

I'm sorry. I'm retarded, I did do a pressure test when it didn't make more than 23 psi.

As of right now, I found a big *** rip in a coupler.... but it still doesn't explain the boost that isn't going over 23 psi.