Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Car slower after clutch install???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bump for some more answers!!
Old Oct 12, 2006, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
bump for some more answers!!

Read what everyone is saying - and do a boost leak test. Im guessing you beat the crap out of it and didnt break it in, in which, you glazed the friction materials.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
word on the streets is ur supposed to break in clutch 700 miles before you get on it.. but its all about preference

like the whole breaking in cars thing.. yea as soon as i got my car i redlined it.. pretty much out of the dealership
Old Oct 12, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

but then again idk WHY a car would b slower because of a performance clutch.. hmm
Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Playaer
but then again idk WHY a car would b slower because of a performance clutch.. hmm
Slipping clutch, didnt connect all vac. hoses, has a boost leak...car was always slow, and is just now realizing it....

Ill add...feeling slow isnt being slow. Go to a track, run numbers, if you run 12.8 over and over - then yep you f'ed it up somewhere.

Last edited by Smike; Oct 12, 2006 at 12:04 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Playaer
It's not confirmed that it is just yet...it just feels slower to him right now.

Miguel, I know it's hard, but give it time. I'm sure it'll come around.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the clutch job install!!!! Good looking out. Coulda gave a friend in need of some money, but you took it to a place you dont know, after telling friends the night before that you were just waiting on the clutch to come in! Awsome job bro!!!!!!!!
Frank said dont even bother coming around the shop!
Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by DRFTKNGG
Thanks for the clutch job install!!!! Good looking out. Coulda gave a friend in need of some money, but you took it to a place you dont know, after telling friends the night before that you were just waiting on the clutch to come in! Awsome job bro!!!!!!!!
/\ Huh?

I just recently had the ACT HD street disc and prolite flywheel installed. I put about 800 miles on the car before doing any WOT pulls. The car feels and runs great. Spool-up is faster and the car feels like it is pulling a little more top-end. So, yea, uh, I broke mine in and it is working fine.

I would guess, like everyone else is saying, it has to be a boost leak or you didn't properly break-in the clutch.

Best of luck with it, man.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

That was dirty Miguel. Ruben's helped you out alot...all of us for that matter. I don't want to get involved, but from what I heard, it could've been beneficial for both of you.

Anyway, let that thing break in more I guess. Go from there...
Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, like spending time painting your ***in rims till 4 in the morning for free!
My girlfriend wanting to leave me because of all the time I spend with eveyone evos and not my family.

From now on go to Scott, let him help you.....oh yeah, thats right, he gets paid for his work! Im a MORON!
Old Oct 12, 2006, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

So thats how it is... I has made arrangements with Scott from the 1st day that i blew my clutch fyi.... Second of all, all you told me was to buy you a flywheel in return for a clutch install, nothing about you desperately needing the money... Third of all,TTP did the install and they specialize in installing Evo clutches and they do AT LEAST 5-10 Evos a week... If Frank doesnt want to be my friend or dont want me to come around the shop for this stupidity then fine!! That is really immature if you ask me..

If you need money for bills and rent ,then start selling parts of your car or sell the car if you cant do it.. I know you have a family and its more important than the Evo but in you know not to be spending money on the car when you have a family to take care of... Get a job that your guarantee pay everyday instead of doing side jobs when you know its not guaranteed money and having to be stressed out all the time. Common bro, you know this man!

Originally Posted by jqturbo
That was dirty Miguel. Ruben's helped you out alot...all of us for that matter. I don't want to get involved, but from what I heard, it could've been beneficial for both of you. Why dont you tell them about the time i let you borrow 2k cause you wanted the rims right away and i barely knew you too! You dont say that **** right? If you wana be like this over some stupid thing like this then fine with me....But dont say i have never helped you out when u call me cause you know its NOT TRUE

Anyway, let that thing break in more I guess. Go from there...
Yes so im the dirty one now, i see how it is.. I know he has helped me but the thing that you all DONT get is that i had arrangements made already and payed Scott for everything..I spoke to Scott the day i blew my clutch at the track, and i spike to him IN FRONT OF YOU at the Quiznos meet, remeber?

Last edited by EVIL_EVO_VIII; Oct 12, 2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 02:21 PM
Account Disabled

Yeah, like spending time painting your ***in rims till 4 in the morning for free!
My girlfriend wanting to leave me because of all the time I spend with eveyone evos and not my family.

From now on go to Scott, let him help you.....oh yeah, thats right, he gets paid for his work! Im a MORON!
You are not a vendor on evom. Your spoiler refinishing thread is a gift that it has not been deleted as you are not a paying vendor, yet are SELLING a service on evom, essentially stealing from Boostlabs, LLC.

Furthermore, it is no secret that you are selling vendor parts in the "private for sale" section, not disclosing that the parts belong to centralfloridaturbo and are not in fact your personal items, further breaking the rules.

No one feels bad that you did not get the opportunity to work on his car. Miguel obviously wanted quality work, fast turnaround and good service. He wanted it done right, period.

Not only did I personally drive him to work in the AM, I also picked him up and returned him to his car with a fresh new ACT cerametallic / EXEDY flywheel combo complete with syncromesh and transfer case OEM diaqueen. I am sure everyone wishes their service was this good. Go to work, end your shift and have your car fixed and ready to go when you leave.

I personally testdrove the car and it drove perfect IMO. The cerametallic was more streetable than I anticipated and shifts flawlessly.

I don't know if Miguel was expecting to gain 20whp from a clutch change, but I did not feel anything different out of the car other than a grabbing clutch finally.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
...Yes so im the dirty one now, i see how it is.. I know he has helped me but the thing that you all DONT get is that i had arrangements made already and payed Scott for everything..I spoke to Scott the day i blew my clutch at the track, and i spike to him IN FRONT OF YOU at the Quiznos meet, remeber?
The way I heard it was pretty foul, but w/e! I'm outta of it anyways. I shouldn't have said anything. From what was said and from what you're saying now, obviously there was miscommunication somewhere.

I do remember you saying that about TTP helping you, but since I heard otherwise afterwards, I thought plans changed. Guess not.

Ok Miguel, you're not dirty!
Old Oct 12, 2006, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
You are not a vendor on evom. Your spoiler refinishing thread is a gift that it has not been deleted as you are not a paying vendor, yet are SELLING a service on evom, essentially stealing from Boostlabs, LLC.

Furthermore, it is no secret that you are selling vendor parts in the "private for sale" section, not disclosing that the parts belong to centralfloridaturbo and are not in fact your personal items, further breaking the rules.

No one feels bad that you did not get the opportunity to work on his car. Miguel obviously wanted quality work, fast turnaround and good service. He wanted it done right, period.

Not only did I personally drive him to work in the AM, I also picked him up and returned him to his car with a fresh new ACT cerametallic / EXEDY flywheel combo complete with syncromesh and transfer case OEM diaqueen. I am sure everyone wishes their service was this good. Go to work, end your shift and have your car fixed and ready to go when you leave.

I personally testdrove the car and it drove perfect IMO. The cerametallic was more streetable than I anticipated and shifts flawlessly.

I don't know if Miguel was expecting to gain 20whp from a clutch change, but I did not feel anything different out of the car other than a grabbing clutch finally.
My work is almost free considering the work involved for the amount I charge! Basically the customers are paying for the supplies.
I offer a service that evom feels is valuable therefor the tread still stands! I actually spoke to some mods, who want there stuff done!

Dont worry about the parts I sell here! You can kiss my ***! It's a free country!
I have sent a few your way! So back off! I am in a bind right now that could change my life, my babies life and so on! I am under the gun and will make money every way I can! I work outta my condominium parking lot before Frank offered his shop! I dont call you out...TTP you work outta your garage for crist sakes! Quality work! I went to UTI, I am Master ASE certified tech!!!!! Are you???.

If I can help friends out by help moving some parts for them than I will! The parts are at CFT, but friends own them in hopes to sell them.

As for the clutch job, I was under the impression that I was up for the job since I need some cash right now. Miguel just the other night at Franks shop told us a different story.
If he would have said, I am bringing the car to blah, blah, blah. Fine.
He can take it to you now on.....if he has enough money for you!!!

Last edited by DRFTKNGG; Oct 12, 2006 at 05:34 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jqturbo
The way I heard it was pretty foul, but w/e! I'm outta of it anyways. I shouldn't have said anything. From what was said and from what you're saying now, obviously there was miscommunication somewhere.

I do remember you saying that about TTP helping you, but since I heard otherwise afterwards, I thought plans changed. Guess not.

Ok Miguel, you're not dirty!
No problem ...But like i said, ive been speaking with Scott about the parts and install since day 1 that my clutch blew out...I needed to get this done asap cause this is my daily driver and i cant be w/o my car and loose my job.

Quick Reply: Car slower after clutch install???