Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Do I have the least powerful IX w/ mods and tune???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2006, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that decent i think that the average numbers for evo 9 with your mods, my advice is to run an evoscan and see how good your tune is (how agressive it is) but those are decent numbers
Originally Posted by 3000ways
Not dissing anybody and especially my tuners, they are great guys and I know they did their best, but I'm just wondering if I have the honor of being the least powerful IX in the country w/ mods and tune.

My mods-
TBE w/ Test Pipe
Filter
MBC@23PSI-23.5PSI
Tune
306WHP/292WTQ
Dyno Jet/91 Octane

I'm not *****ing or complaining, I find it a little amusing, because I know I have really bad luck. If you compare a Mustang dyno, I know most Mustangs usually dyno lower than Dyno Jets, so take that into account. I'm just wondering if there is a IX out there making less power than mine w/ mods and tune?

Getting a fuel pump and re-tune, hopefully put down better numbers (fingers crossed). Also love my EVO, no matter how much power she makes.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jer.k
1.3 bar is stock boost pressure around 18.5 psi ...so I guess boost pressure was never increased from stock. My bone stock RS reads 1.3 bar on the factory gauge.Do you have a boost gauge that reads psi?
Sorry I meant 1.4 bar
Old Oct 13, 2006, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

284whp was with mods, I never got a stock dyno done. My tune was done at tuning technologies, and despite my lower normals, I believe they know what they are doing for they have tuned many EVOs, and feel like when I get tuned again my numbers should fall in line with other IXs in my area. My only concern is that with my mods and no tune @20-21PSI I made 284whp, and with a tune I made 306whp, but my boost was raised to 23PSI, so how much power did I actually gain from the tune and not just the increase in boost?

Honestly it's cool, I have a lot of respect for my tuner and I don't want to make it out like he did a bad job, I'll post numbers when I get re-tuned, hopefully I'll hit atleast 320whp. Just to make it clear, Tuning Technologies is an awesome tuning shop, they've tuned many EVOs before mine and after mine, and made a lot of customers happy. As far as me, my car might not make as much power as other IXs, but she runs fine and still is fast.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Were you able to make a 1/4 mile pass after you were tuned?
Old Oct 13, 2006, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs down

284whp was with mods, I never got a stock dyno done. My tune was done at tuning technologies, and despite my lower normals, I believe they know what they are doing for they have tuned many EVOs, and feel like when I get tuned again my numbers should fall in line with other IXs in my area. My only concern is that with my mods and no tune @20-21PSI I made 284whp, and with a tune I made 306whp, but my boost was raised to 23PSI, so how much power did I actually gain from the tune and not just the increase in boost?

Honestly it's cool, I have a lot of respect for my tuner and I don't want to make it out like he did a bad job, I'll post numbers when I get re-tuned, hopefully I'll hit atleast 320whp. Just to make it clear, Tuning Technologies is an awesome tuning shop, they've tuned many EVOs before mine and after mine, and made a lot of customers happy. As far as me, my car might not make as much power as other IXs, but she runs fine and still is fast.
i dynoed 333awhp with cams on my ix. pretty much the same mods. i picked up about 20 hp with the cams so around 313 without the cams. this was done by martin @ams. i was upset with the final results at first but after talking to martin he assured me that alot of people's dyno's read high and theirs is dead on. go to the track and see if your hp is what you should be doing in the 1/4 mile. you sound about right to me. what's funny is that buscher, ams, and vishnu tunes always seem low compared to other tuners. take what you want out of that.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoTio
Were you able to make a 1/4 mile pass after you were tuned?
Yes I did, and believe me you don't want to know it, it was bad I am to blame for that, hopefully I'll do better the 28th of October.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wroblewskievo
i dynoed 333awhp with cams on my ix. pretty much the same mods. i picked up about 20 hp with the cams so around 313 without the cams. this was done by martin @ams. i was upset with the final results at first but after talking to martin he assured me that alot of people's dyno's read high and theirs is dead on. go to the track and see if your hp is what you should be doing in the 1/4 mile. you sound about right to me. what's funny is that buscher, ams, and vishnu tunes always seem low compared to other tuners. take what you want out of that.
GSC evo ix cams?
Old Oct 13, 2006, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes I did, and believe me you don't want to know it, it was bad I am to blame for that, hopefully I'll do better the 28th of October.
Well, you'll have a better chance to better yourself on the 28th. I'll be at Fontana also that day to see what my new TT tune does. LACR was cancelled tonight because of rain, so Fontana here I come.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ROK EVO
I made that with cat-less TBE and drop-in @21 psi. Maybe, my tune is off??
The car indeed feels strong though.
Who tuned your car?
Old Oct 13, 2006, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

A local tuner.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Is he familar with tuning evos? Not bashing him by any means since I dont know him or his work.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

He has his own Evo and tuned many Evo's as far as I know. And it's not dynoflash!
Old Oct 13, 2006, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

lol that was my next question hahahahahaha
Old Oct 13, 2006, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Doogie Howser
GSC evo ix cams?
gsc tested the cams on my car. there is a whole long thread on these cams. it is a pointless thread that is a waste of time to read through all the garbage. the gsc evo nine cams like any cam on a stock evo turbo make about 20awhp. on a bigger turbo they can make up to 80 awhp. my car is sitting at ams right now getting tuned for a meth kit. we will see on this monday 10/16/06 if they make a difference with meth.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for the cliffnotes wrob....

Quick Reply: Do I have the least powerful IX w/ mods and tune???