Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Do I have the least powerful IX w/ mods and tune???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2006, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your Post

306whp I do not think is low. For many reasons. First off, every dyno is different, you can have two dynos exactly the same and they will give different numbers just like different engines give different numbers. So, take the 306 as a rough estimate, dynos are not Bible's. Second, gas quality in CA SUCKS! We have oxygenated, Ethynol enriched crap gas for smog purposes. That will put us (yes, I am in CA too) down 10-15hp right there compared to 93 and good gas. I wouldn't worry about it. Besides it doesn't matter how much power it has as long as your happy with it, and remember there is ALWAYS going to be someone faster anyway.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
Not dissing anybody and especially my tuners, they are great guys and I know they did their best, but I'm just wondering if I have the honor of being the least powerful IX in the country w/ mods and tune.

My mods-
TBE w/ Test Pipe
Filter
MBC@23PSI-23.5PSI
Tune
306WHP/292WTQ
Dyno Jet/91 Octane

I'm not *****ing or complaining, I find it a little amusing, because I know I have really bad luck. If you compare a Mustang dyno, I know most Mustangs usually dyno lower than Dyno Jets, so take that into account. I'm just wondering if there is a IX out there making less power than mine w/ mods and tune?

Getting a fuel pump and re-tune, hopefully put down better numbers (fingers crossed). Also love my EVO, no matter how much power she makes.
You should have done a base line run.
My BONE STOCK base line was 261whp. After full 3" TBE, EBC (set at stock PSI), & Intake was 270whp. After setting Boost & Tuning was 355whp.
They used a Dynamics DYNO and the car was tuned on 93 Octane.

It really how much WHP you gained on the same dyno, not the end #s.
The mods you have with a good tune, you should be in mid to low 12's.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

good gains there with your minimal mods... you gained more than me after your tune and I have O2 Housing & AMS LICP on top of your mods. It probably is both due to less rectrictive exhaust (I got HKS Silent) and more agressive (or better) tune?
Old Oct 15, 2006, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kc2Buk
You should have done a base line run.
My BONE STOCK base line was 261whp. After full 3" TBE, EBC (set at stock PSI), & Intake was 270whp. After setting Boost & Tuning was 355whp.
They used a Dynamics DYNO and the car was tuned on 93 Octane.

It really how much WHP you gained on the same dyno, not the end #s.
The mods you have with a good tune, you should be in mid to low 12's.
355whp is possible on a dynojet not a dyno dynamics on 93.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got tuned with several of my friends on saturday by alfred at tt. i am very very impressed w/ my #'s. i cannot say enough about how great tt is with the best customer service, and the dyno results to match. alfred is a top notch tuner. i would definately recommend them to anyone in the socal area. make sure u get ur walbro 255 fp and get retuned. here's a thread i made w/ our results, pic, vids, and my dynosheet.

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=30128.0
Old Oct 16, 2006, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldnt take my car back to them if theyre telling you that you need a fuel pump with just exhaust.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

nice numbers and nice power curve. would you mind sharing what your baseline figures were (or what the average bone stock IX puts out at TT)?

Originally Posted by Lancer EVO IX
i got tuned with several of my friends on saturday by alfred at tt. i am very very impressed w/ my #'s. i cannot say enough about how great tt is with the best customer service, and the dyno results to match. alfred is a top notch tuner. i would definately recommend them to anyone in the socal area. make sure u get ur walbro 255 fp and get retuned. here's a thread i made w/ our results, pic, vids, and my dynosheet.

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=30128.0
Old Oct 16, 2006, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my baseline bonestock was done at harman motive (low reading dynojet). my stock dyno pulls were 252whp 250wtq.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 05:05 PM
Account Disabled

Lets clear this up as it is very very simple.

Yes, I did recommend that Mr. C. get a fuel pump.

My responsibility to the customer is to provide them with the best service and experience possible. I felt that in order to properly tune the car, certain parts were needed. Once he gets the pump, he will return for a final tune.

Its really not fair to speculate on his numbers because the tune is not in its finality. Patience is a virtue Mike, get that pump in and get over here before the 28th.

Alfred
Old Oct 16, 2006, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im confused why he needs a pump with just exhaust. I thought only Dyno Fluff recommends one.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostedwrx
Im confused why he needs a pump with just exhaust. I thought only Dyno Fluff recommends one.
If you run enough boost you'll start to get close to 100% IDC at higher rpms..

Having that fuel pump will get you some more fuel to play with...

Although people say a fuel pump doesnt actually ADD fuel, DynoFlash *HAS* proven that your tune does go richer after adding it..

my 2c.

Edit: Even though its "just an exhaust" you can adjust boost with the ECUFlash... So thats where the increase in boost comes from.

Last edited by Ralph; Oct 16, 2006 at 06:02 PM.