Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing fuel system solutions....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2006 | 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

I lost track of this post somehow and want to get some more information and pricing up. We have actually started making these for Subaru's now as nobody offered a drop in double pumper for them either.

First off I want to make sure it's understood how easy it is to install this. The complete unit drops directly into your fuel tank. The stock fuel lines both feed and return are retained, the stock regulator can be used and the stock fuel rail. My RS has made 590 whp on this set up on our dyno at only 65% duty cycle on 1200 cc injectors. The primary pump runs off the factory wiring that plugs right back in, the fuel sending unit also functions perfectly as it plugs right in with the stock plug. The siphon for the other side of the tank also simply plugs right in. The kit comes with pre-cut hoses to run from the new inlets for the twin pumps down to the new inline stainless steel 5 micron fuel filter. The factory fuel filter is built into the fuel pump assembly and CANNOT be changed. This filter is removable and you can change it if needed. The kit comes with a pressure switch. This is also easily installed. Tap it into a boost source under the hood. Run one wire to the battery positive and then the other back to the 2nd fuel pump. Ground the other side of the fuel pump and you are finished. The pump can also be wired into a relay and triggered through your fuel management with any parameters you like. For simplicity the supplied pressure switch works great and triggers the second pump at 16 psi.

Here is a picture of the complete Buschur Racing Double Pumper:

As for pricing. Using two normal Walbro 255 pumps like all EVO vendors offer for $500.

BTW, we have been dyno'ing a car here with a GT42R on it. Has a fuel cell, -10 fuel lines etc. The car is still on the stock fuel rail, so far it has made over 700 whp with no problems.

Last edited by David Buschur; Jul 28, 2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2006 | 11:18 AM
EvoM Guru

Holy Geebus! I completely forgot about this thread..

I really need this at this point, with the walbros, since I can't spare my core, I can't really afford the better pumps.

I'm so close to making the big numbers at this point, and with E85 when it becomes available I need this extra capacity..
Old Dec 14, 2006 | 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

I see you found the thread

I have a couple of cores here Malibu. If you want one of these I can send out one of my cores but I need yours back ASAP. Let me know.
Old Dec 15, 2006 | 11:32 AM
EvoM Guru

I have to find a core to send you. I need my original to set aside as a backup since I do that with all of my major upgrades, I want the better pumps, but combined with the core charge and pump costs Its way out of my price range at the moment.
Old Dec 16, 2006 | 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

I sent you a PM about the fuel system. There is also a guy in the other thread Keith started with a guy, turbodan, who has two tank assemblies he wants to sell.
Old Dec 16, 2006 | 08:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Cool, I'll try to get in touch with him..
Old Feb 12, 2008 | 05:41 PM

your website states that you are not doing core returns right now and need our sending unit. "PLEASE NOTE: We need your sending unit to do this modification. We are NOT doing core exchanges on this particular item at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience. Also when sending in your unit PLEASE unclip the float from your sending unit. We do not need this and we do not want it to get damaged during shipping." what is the estimated turn around time or are you doing cores now?
Old Feb 13, 2008 | 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

We are not requiring a core. You can buy it outright for $150 extra. This is for the EVO only.
Old Feb 21, 2008 | 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

On your site, it lists 450 as the price with 2 standard walbro's. I just bought one HP unit from ams so I wouldnt need but 1 additional pump. What would the price be for that. (you can PM me if you dont want to post the price in this thread)
Old Feb 21, 2008 | 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

I don't know which pump AMS uses, if it is a standard pump for an EVO it will not work in our double pumper.
Old Mar 12, 2008 | 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Dave, are the pressure switches adjustable? I've got your double pumper assembly, and the second pump is coming on earlier than I would like. I don't see any way to adjust the pressure switch though.
Old Mar 12, 2008 | 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

No, you can put an adjustable switch in or you can put in a relay and run it off a stand alone.
Old Jul 28, 2008 | 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Im surprised I have never seen this thread. I already have an extra on/off switch mounted in the car so Im sure it would work since the V rating for the switch is 24V. Just out of curosity what pinout would be needed to trigger from the AEM EMS? I have everything apart right now and will send in the sending unit sooner or later.

Excellent idea Dave, though Im a little slow on this.
Old Jul 28, 2008 | 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

There is no on/off switch needed. The double pumper is activated from an included pressure switch. If you don't want to use the pressure switch I supply then you can wire it into the stand alone to any output you want. You will need a relay and then you can use 12v or ground to trigger it.
Old Jul 28, 2008 | 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Ahhhh, duh. I hate it when the info is right there and I dont comprehend fast enough. Sorry for your constant repeating.

Im PMing you a bunch of questions Dave.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing fuel system solutions....