Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My car "Grenaded"!! What let go??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2006, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pinion gear?
Old Oct 18, 2006, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry about you're luck. Hopefully its nothing major. Did you ever get a good tune for that setup?
Old Oct 18, 2006, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RoadSpike
Its definitely possible curious to what kind of clutch setup you were running

Maybe you shattered the clutch plate which could explain the loud pop.

Best of luck to you
I will keep you posted, I am running the Exedy twin HD. Did lots of autoxing this weekend as well.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ace_2822
Sorry about you're luck. Hopefully its nothing major. Did you ever get a good tune for that setup?

Not yet, no spaces open, and no time. Looks like this set me back a "little bit", as far as getting the proper tune.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 01:28 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Seriously man.... what's with you breaking ALLL THE TIME?!?!

I don't know of anyone else that seems to have had more problems with their car.

You have a shop like AMS do the work, right? Or who puts it all together?
Old Oct 18, 2006, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Damn you got the worst luck!! Dont feel so bad.. My friend blew his clutch out 2x within one week
Old Oct 18, 2006, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fireball
Seriously man.... what's with you breaking ALLL THE TIME?!?!

I don't know of anyone else that seems to have had more problems with their car.

You have a shop like AMS do the work, right? Or who puts it all together?

Thats ok

At least it makes this forum interesting

BTW you seem to be taking this amazingly well
Old Oct 18, 2006, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Kev, just saw your post. Dang, sorry to here about your troubles again. I think it time for an evo IX. When is your wife birhday again Good luck. As for me just got my car back from ams with the 2.3. Did not get the peak power and torque they advertise but the car feel strong all around now. the powerband is amazing and boost hit at 2800. I'm just a little disappointed for the amount money spend but that a different story. The way we keep spending on our car we could have been sitting in a nice new evo IX.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gashero
Kev, just saw your post. Dang, sorry to here about your troubles again. I think it time for an evo IX. When is your wife birhday again Good luck. As for me just got my car back from ams with the 2.3. Did not get the peak power and torque they advertise but the car feel strong all around now. the powerband is amazing and boost hit at 2800. I'm just a little disappointed for the amount money spend but that a different story. The way we keep spending on our car we could have been sitting in a nice new evo IX.
Hey Wayne, I don't know what is with me breaking stuff, it does seem like a cloud over my head, I have 78K miles on the car, 99% of those miles were fun. I don't know what happened here, but should soon. I let the Mitshu dealership put the parts on, I don't trust myself to do that!! I can't get pissed about it, whats done is done, time to look ahead to a new and improved part.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

ms109 is oxygenated fuel... you ran it to lean. For that fuel to work properly it must be tuned for it.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 02:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gashero
considering you are on the stock turbo Wayne, You are right where you should be for HP and torque. The stock snail can only spin so hard.

Slap a 50 Trim on there and you will REALLY see what that bigger motor can do.

You situation was a weird one. with you trashing the stock crank The stroker motor was just as expensice as a 2.0.....so why not.

Kevin, Sounds like a T-case but its hard to tell this far away. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Eric
Old Oct 18, 2006, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joeymia
ms109 is oxygenated fuel... you ran it to lean. For that fuel to work properly it must be tuned for it.
Actually, the A/f was fine, on the "rich side", so that wasn't the issue. I went from 12.5's at 110MPH to 12.1's (9 consistant runs) 113 MPH, with just the fuel alone! And that was consistant 1.6 second 60ft's.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

You have the best attutude. Do you smoke a lot of pot? I would set the freakin car on fire if mine broke as often as yours. MY condolences.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
Kevin, Sounds like a T-case but its hard to tell this far away. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Eric
Generally I'd agree but he said it just seems like its in nuetral with no obvious noises.

Now you guys are the experts has there been a case thats blown so hard that it spun freely without noise? Not arguing just want to expand my personal knowledge here ^.^
Old Oct 18, 2006, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
considering you are on the stock turbo Wayne, You are right where you should be for HP and torque. The stock snail can only spin so hard.

Slap a 50 Trim on there and you will REALLY see what that bigger motor can do.

You situation was a weird one. with you trashing the stock crank The stroker motor was just as expensice as a 2.0.....so why not.

Eric
You know I will Eric!!!I am eyeballing the 50 trim! I agree with the snail can only spin so much, then its out of its "effective" spinning range. I LOVE THE HELL out of my setup!! I highly recommend it!!! I will let you know what happened.