Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My car "Grenaded"!! What let go??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2006, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoTech
You have the best attutude. Do you smoke a lot of pot? I would set the freakin car on fire if mine broke as often as yours. MY condolences.
I used to do drugs, and look like this............

No really, I am not into that stuff, but there is no use to cry over something you can't do anything about. what happened, happened. time to brush the dust off, and move forward. I was just out looking to GET RID of all the 'Weak parts' this year, and I think I found them all!
Old Oct 18, 2006, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOL that pic made my day
Old Oct 18, 2006, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
First off, MS-109 is unleaded race fuel that is 105 octane (101 MON 109 RON) and cost about $5.00 to $6.00 a gallon vs C-16 at 117 MON octane.... you got screwed on this deal.

Hope it is something minor.

Keith

<edit>Just saw that someone else pointed this out to you in that other thread you linked to. Could you have been thinking about "VP Import" That stuff is insane octane and cost an arm and a leg even compared to C-16</edit>

Last edited by Fourdoor; Oct 18, 2006 at 03:34 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
LOL that pic made my day
I tried the "paper bag", but I broke out in a rash.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
First off, MS-109 is unleaded race fuel that is 105 octane (101 MON 109 RON) and cost about $5.00 to $6.00 a gallon vs C-16 at 117 MON octane.... you got screwed on this deal.

Hope it is something minor.

Keith
It is the price VP set. Probably too high. My nephew got 9 runs in, 4 of which were with the VP MS109, and 5 runs with the 110 Leaded they sell out of the pump at the dragstrip. the times were CONSISTENT, so the MS109 must not be worth that much more.

I will let you know what it was, TRE (Team Ripp) hasn't had a Forged Spider geared TC come back broken yet, is this the first one? I will keep you posted. I am taking it to the dealership Tomorrow, maybe it is covered under warranty.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it doesn't make unusual noises while rolling. It could be the center section of the clutch disk ripped loose or the flywheel came loose from the crank.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Cool

that just bites now doesnt it son??? i told you about showing off and you trying to do a burnout next to that 1978 camaro berlinetta out in front of that trailer at the end of the row in the trailer park....

well Kev, that just makes you wonder. i hope it is just a clutch explosion as someone else pointed out. pull the little plug on the tranny and look in there. you might just be able to see any fragments obliterated inside and they might just fall out. you also said it goes into gear so thats a plus. no oil on the track from the tranny or anything?? thats a plus also. if it was that big of a bang, im sure it probably would have cracked the cases.

good luck with the rebuild fella. keep us tuned in....heres one for you

Last edited by badhabit90; Oct 18, 2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by badhabit90
that just bites now doesnt it son??? i told you about showing off and you trying to do a burnout next to that 1978 camaro berlinetta out in front of that trailer at the end of the row in the trailer park....

well Kev, that just makes you wonder. i hope it is just a clutch explosion as someone else pointed out. pull the little plug on the tranny and look in there. you might just be able to see any fragments obliterated inside and they might just fall out. you also said it goes into gear so thats a plus. no oil on the track from the tranny or anything?? thats a plus also. if it was that big of a bang, im sure it probably would have cracked the cases.

good luck with the rebuild fella. keep us tuned in....heres one for you
What up habit!! I should put it on blocks in front of my trailer! I will keep you posted, on what happened.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Here is what the driver said. It was my Nephew driving it. And YES, he has LOTS of evo driving expierence:

The car makes no noises when rolled. It's something before the yoke on the driveshaft. Put the clutch in, put it in any gear, release clutch...then nothing. Whenever your let the clutch out, it makes a sound like something metal was either grinded off, or snapped in half.

And MAN was that track sticky. I felt like I was walking on bubble gum.

Does this shed any light on the possible culprit?
Old Oct 18, 2006, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd put her on a lift and get a good look at that clutch of yours.

If memory serves you should be able to look at it without completely tearing down, though i recommend tearing it down.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

trapping only 113 with all your mods?
Old Oct 18, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
God damn dude, I have never seen anyone break as sh*t as you have or have as many issues and keep such a positive attitude.

I hope I grow up to be like you Smoke.

Good luck finding what broke and I hope it's cheap.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fireball
Seriously man.... what's with you breaking ALLL THE TIME?!?!

I don't know of anyone else that seems to have had more problems with their car.

You have a shop like AMS do the work, right? Or who puts it all together?
only EVIL_EVO_VIII
Old Oct 18, 2006, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jim_Patterson
trapping only 113 with all your mods?
Hello again Jim! It was tuned by Dyno4mance, and 3 weeks later, AMS. Both tuned without the Meth, essentially a pump gas tune. I was "low on numbers", and they both said I had a "boost leak somewhere" I got home, made a boost leak checker, and found 3 HUGE boost leaks, ONe in the AMS LICP, ( I have NO undertray, so continuous rubbing on the curb caused one of them) the other was a clamp on a hose. the last one was the EGR hose, which was cut pretty bad.

I fixed the leaks, but the TUNE IS OFF!! So this run was essentially an UN tuned run. There is more in it for sure, but winter would be here BEFORE I could get a spot for a tune.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
God damn dude, I have never seen anyone break as sh*t as you have or have as many issues and keep such a positive attitude.

I hope I grow up to be like you Smoke.

Good luck finding what broke and I hope it's cheap.
Thanks hotrod!! I handle my stress by kicking my neighbors dogs, sneaking up on old people at the mall, and zapping them in the back of the neck with a stun-gun, and stuff like that!