Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My car "Grenaded"!! What let go??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2006, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???

(sitting on my front porch watching Smoked throw wrenches through the trailer park-thinking "man, that management job has gotten to him") slurp....
Old Oct 22, 2006, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by badhabit90

(sitting on my front porch watching Smoked throw wrenches through the trailer park-thinking "man, that management job has gotten to him") slurp....
Any time now, I will know what happened.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
:b eer::bee r: :b eer::bee r:
Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
It looks like someone has a seizure, or fell asleep on the beer "key"! Update "soon" I have been told, my Nephew is waiting for someone to bring his "cherry picker" over..........hence the delay in the answers!!
Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Awh man sorry to hear about your loss. I hope this isn't costly, perhaps just the pressure plate?? *crosses fingers* Good luck with the fix
Old Oct 22, 2006, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kronik
Awh man sorry to hear about your loss. I hope this isn't costly, perhaps just the pressure plate?? *crosses fingers* Good luck with the fix
I just hope the input shaft snapped, and thats it!! Hope my clutch didn't explode, and crack my bell housing, or what ever they call it.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

You, my friend, have my kind of luck...almost make one want to become a Ludite, live in a cave, and shun all modern conveniences.

Maybe you can get it fixed about the same time I might eventually be ready to tune mine at Dyno4mance. You can trounce my puny girly-man 2.0 with your uber-macho 2.3 + meth.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WhiteEvo05
You, my friend, have my kind of luck...almost make one want to become a Ludite, live in a cave, and shun all modern conveniences.

Maybe you can get it fixed about the same time I might eventually be ready to tune mine at Dyno4mance. You can trounce my puny girly-man 2.0 with your uber-macho 2.3 + meth.
Not with Andrew tuning it!! He da man!!! Except every time I go down there, I have to give him a 3 week notice, so his heartburn medications can start to take effect!! When are you getting it tuned? My bro-in-law has a 10 car enclosed trailer, (HIS business), and he runs hi dollar cars from Indy to Florida. lets get a couple spots on the rig for our cars! Free ride down, TUNED ride back!!!!
Old Oct 22, 2006, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Well, I did the stupid the night before I was supposed to get tuned...which was last Friday the 20th ...I installed a new mod. I put a set on of IC hard pipes on from Turbohoses.com. They fit pretty well, quality not quite what I wanted, but they were sufficient, except, the flange that bolts up to the turbo discharge nozzle was warped after they welded it, so it leaked. Sounded like a tea-kettle!

The outlet pipe from the FMIC to the throttle body hung down too low under the front bumper...couldn't get my undertray on.

What really sucked was it took me until 3.00am the night before I was supposed to go get tuned to install. Arrrggghh....I was much faster getting them off. I guess we'll see how their customer service is.

Anyways, I have a RalliArt kit on it's way...should be here this weekend after I get back from Montreal. So I guess I could go about anytime after that. Let me know, I could run to Indy to drop the clutch off for rebuild, and run to Dyno4mance for my V390 SMART tune (have cams waiting for me down there!)
Old Oct 23, 2006, 02:50 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I did the stupid the night before I was supposed to get tuned...which was last Friday the 20th ...I installed a new mod. I put a set on of IC hard pipes on from Turbohoses.com. They fit pretty well, quality not quite what I wanted, but they were sufficient, except, the flange that bolts up to the turbo discharge nozzle was warped after they welded it, so it leaked. Sounded like a tea-kettle!

The outlet pipe from the FMIC to the throttle body hung down too low under the front bumper...couldn't get my undertray on.

What really sucked was it took me until 3.00am the night before I was supposed to go get tuned to install. Arrrggghh....I was much faster getting them off. I guess we'll see how their customer service is.

Anyways, I have a RalliArt kit on it's way...should be here this weekend after I get back from Montreal. So I guess I could go about anytime after that. Let me know, I could run to Indy to drop the clutch off for rebuild, and run to Dyno4mance for my V390 SMART tune (have cams waiting for me down there!)
You are having luck kinda like me!! I hope to know soon, how long my delay will be!
Old Oct 23, 2006, 02:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by badhabit90

If push comes to shove, and my car will be in the shop for a while, I guess I can take down my Christmas decoration on my front lawn, and drive the "back-up" car. You see why I got the Blue evo, it matches my house!

Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

I know this is not your place...liar!!! There is not ONE, NOT A SINGLE, Starbucks cup in the yard, NOT A SINGLE Cheeto bag to be seen anywhere. I don't see a single orange cone...Hmmmmmpppph!

Don't let SmokedMustang fool you...His place doesn't have nearly the landscaping this one does.

Seriously...any updates?
Old Oct 24, 2006, 02:09 AM
Evolved Member

I know this is not your place...liar!!! There is not ONE, NOT A SINGLE, Starbucks cup in the yard, NOT A SINGLE Cheeto bag to be seen anywhere. I don't see a single orange cone...Hmmmmmpppph!

Don't let SmokedMustang fool you...His place doesn't have nearly the landscaping this one does.

Seriously...any updates?
I cleaned up the yard for the neighbors! The update is they were working on it late last night. He didn't find the culprit yet, but he is close. he is taking photos as well. Hopefully I will have those, and the question answered soon.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE:

It does appear, that the INPUT shaft (the smaller one) that goes INTO the Transfer case, the splines on the shaft are ALL BUSTED, and rounded off. That is the "preliminary" diagnosis. His cell phone was going dead, so couldn't tell me more. So far, this looks like the problem........... More info and hopefully photos today. Does this fix JUST entail replacing the shaft? Or is the whole TC toast. I will get back soon with you guys today.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well thats going to be fun :P

here's a picture for you so you can see what it looks like
Haven't never replaced the TC I'm not certain but it looks like a 1 piece item to me :P

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/parts/quaife/