Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Please HELP!!! Overboosting!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2006 | 02:04 PM

Please HELP!!! Overboosting!!!!!

I recently installed a brand new Forge wastegate accuator... everything was fine until the car got tuned... now if I put the car under load i.e. rolling in any gear other than 1 and flooring the throttle, the car boosts 2.0 bar.... i've changed all the vaccum lines, I've checked for boost leaks, and even changed the boost solenoid to a brand new one...

I'm running the greddy profec e-01 and have just about every bolt-on available for the car installed.... any ideas what's going on with this? does the wastegate accuator need to be adjusted? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.
Old Oct 19, 2006 | 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpeedLab_EVO
I recently installed a brand new Forge wastegate accuator... everything was fine until the car got tuned... now if I put the car under load i.e. rolling in any gear other than 1 and flooring the throttle, the car boosts 2.0 bar.... i've changed all the vaccum lines, I've checked for boost leaks, and even changed the boost solenoid to a brand new one...

I'm running the greddy profec e-01 and have just about every bolt-on available for the car installed.... any ideas what's going on with this? does the wastegate accuator need to be adjusted? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.
You may have to much preload on the wga, try adjusting it to see if that helps...
Old Oct 19, 2006 | 02:29 PM

my friend has the same problem with his and says he had to take it off because the adjustment didn't help.
Old Oct 19, 2006 | 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpeedLab_EVO
my friend has the same problem with his and says he had to take it off because the adjustment didn't help.
Well dont listen to your friend, and try it... Also when you put the wga to the o2 housing flapper, did you make sure its all the way shut(down)?
Old Oct 19, 2006 | 06:22 PM

i didn't install it... i will definitly ask the guys that did and i'll have them adjust it... thanks so much for your help.
Old Oct 19, 2006 | 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Take your Profec out and just run wastegate boost.
See if it still boosts 2.0bar. If it doesn't then it's the boost controller.

My neighbor also has a profec and it's always acting up.
Old Oct 20, 2006 | 09:06 AM

open wastegate it runs over 2 bar and i can't measure it because my gauge stops at 2 bar haha

everything before the tune was perfect... the car was setup to hold 1.6 bar and it never went over... once it got tuned it seems like the boost controller just stopped working...

it's ok when i'm at wot from 1st gear through 4th gear then it pushes 2 bar. hopefully adjustments fix this...

can anybody tell me how to this myself... it would save me a trip to the shop...