Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

sporadic engine vibration/start-up

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sporadic engine vibration/start-up

I searched a few keywords like engine vibration and tranny vibration and consulted these threads:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...gine+vibration

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...gine+vibration

My issue is not quite addressed in either, or the sticky with rattling issues which i also consulted. When i first start my car, after clutching in, then when clutch is out and the car is in nuetral, while my car raises the rev's during starting, i get a grinding noise. I compare it to the noise you get when your in gear half way and the flywheel is grinding or i assume the clutch is only catching halfway. This issue also occurs during low-rpm deceleration on the free-way but is most pro-nounced directly after start up with a strong vibration felt while the rpm's raise. i do not think it is related to a noisey throw-out bearing which has been talked about before. Any ideas, cars an 05 with a tick under 23k. Never taken to the strip launched maybe twice.

edit: i would also like to add that i am having trouble spiking over 20psi on my 05, could this possibly signal an boost/exhaust leak possibly? dont want to clutter up the forum with old questions, just want a piece of mind that my 33g car is not on its way to "grenading"

Last edited by CAD EVO; Oct 20, 2006 at 08:42 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have an RS thats done that since I got it, I always thought it was the sound of the tranny when it didn't have any load on it. *shrugs*

Let me know if you find a problem though
Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Unfortunatley, misery loves company! Fortrunatley this is the place to get a solid answer.

and if it wasnt for this problem, id still be a newbie, but i just hit that 100 mark
Old May 4, 2007, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

I think I got used to the noise my car made, but it did sound like a whine,grinding noise.. I popped the hood and tried to hear it better, glanced closer and it looked like it was the belts... as they spin, they make this whinning noise... Now I dont know how to stop that...? =/
Old May 10, 2007, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

did it sound kinda like a cricket??? mine is kinda doing that now