Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Where to buy an Idle Speed Control Sensor?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2006, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to buy an Idle Speed Control Sensor?

I am getting idle speed control malfunction CEL. I want to try to replace the ISC sensor to see if that will fix the problem.

here is the link to the original thread describing the problem...

anybody know where I can get this sensor?

Last edited by Bosshog; Oct 27, 2006 at 08:55 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've tried the dealership, but it was too expensive for me at this time. What is your car running like?? I've had a terrible idle problem for over a year and I have not got a CEL for it but I get one for a o2 sensor malfuntion. I've unplugged the ISC and it did nothing.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

how much does the dealer charge i might have an extra one laying around to sell
Old Oct 27, 2006, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

It was around $335 and they said they keep them in stock, I wonder why?
Evolved Member

actually man i read your last post and your idle seems fine- if this sensor is gone the car will idle like it has HUGE cams and wants to die wiht rpms going up and down
Evolved Member

car runs great. once the car is warm, the idle stays flat around 8-900 rpm. I just got sick of having the CEL light on and would like to get rid of it before the retune (I want to know if my car will trow another code after the retune).

Getting the code checked is a bit more tiresome for me - cant go to pep boys like you guys in the US do to read the CEL code

Originally Posted by okevolutionVIII
I've tried the dealership, but it was too expensive for me at this time. What is your car running like?? I've had a terrible idle problem for over a year and I have not got a CEL for it but I get one for a o2 sensor malfuntion. I've unplugged the ISC and it did nothing.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thatsMR2u
actually man i read your last post and your idle seems fine- if this sensor is gone the car will idle like it has HUGE cams and wants to die wiht rpms going up and down
I made a whole thread on my idle problem, the idle at startup is around 500rpm, I have to give it gas when I start it and hold the gas a little to keep it started, heel-toe around town and at dead stops to keep from dying, and last, the idle goes from 600-1500rpm randomly. I had 272s in the car for 8 months before this happened.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

thanks bud, the code is P0505 - anybody got this error code?

This seems to be a common error in cars located in Turkey, but there is no mention of it on this board - and there are a sheat load of incidents reported here on evom...

Originally Posted by thatsMR2u
Old Oct 27, 2006, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

^^could be your air idol sensor
Old Oct 27, 2006, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

I read your thread and I feel for you... Did you ever try replacing the whole throttle body to see if that would fix the problem? sounds like something is wrong with idle air control...

Originally Posted by okevolutionVIII
I made a whole thread on my idle problem, the idle at startup is around 500rpm, I have to give it gas when I start it and hold the gas a little to keep it started, heel-toe around town and at dead stops to keep from dying, and last, the idle goes from 600-1500rpm randomly. I had 272s in the car for 8 months before this happened.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 09:57 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I went through this last year. Didn't throw any codes except for one the actual day I think it went bad. Happened after a car wash of all things. Go to a junk yard and find one off of an '02 Galant. The part number won't match according to Mitsubishi but they are identical. I picked mine up for around $50 seperate of the throttle body. Some junk yards won't seperate anything on the throttle body assemble but even then you'll be looking at like $70-$100 max to get the part you need Just make sure when hunting universal Mitsu parts for your Evo not to even mention what car the part will actually be going on. If you do then expect the part's price to double!
Old Oct 27, 2006, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

did you get the P0505 code when it let go and what was your symptoms if you had any? One of my friends offered to try a bunch of sensors from his EVO7 but some of them are different on the 9...

Originally Posted by mitsuorder
I went through this last year. Didn't throw any codes except for one the actual day I think it went bad. Happened after a car wash of all things. Go to a junk yard and find one off of an '02 Galant. The part number won't match according to Mitsubishi but they are identical. I picked mine up for around $50 seperate of the throttle body. Some junk yards won't seperate anything on the throttle body assemble but even then you'll be looking at like $70-$100 max to get the part you need Just make sure when hunting universal Mitsu parts for your Evo not to even mention what car the part will actually be going on. If you do then expect the part's price to double!
Old Oct 30, 2006, 02:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I recommend taking the sensor out, finding a junk yard with a good selection of Mitsubishi's and comparing. I have no idea if there is a different iac part number for the IX than the VIII.