Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

what exhaust system gets the most WHP gains?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2006, 05:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greddy Ti. But just about any true 3 inch is a good bet.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

+1 for the Buschur tbe. If noise is a concern the titanium's are usually the loudest cause they are so thin just like Buschur.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

finding the perfect TBE is the hardest to do.. trying to find everything you like in that certein exhaust to meet your needs is difficult. i too am having difficulty..first AMS.. didnt like the look..then Buschur..hated the look..Megan...heard it was made of cheap material...down to .. RNR TBE with hks carbon...wanted the HKS carbon cat back.. but its neck bottles down to a 2.5 inch..which will lose you hp... so im down to the RNR with Hks Carbon ti muffler as my choice right now.. but as stated.. any 3 inch exhaust should and will give you the same amount of performance... good luckk
Old Oct 31, 2006, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

BTW I think this topic should be moved to the regular Engine/turbo section.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 08:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Catback to catback... you would be looking at a weight of 16.5lbs and $450 for ours. For the Greddy Ti you would be looking at a weight of 12lbs with a price of $1000+. Also keep in mind there are no titanium front sections (downpipe and off-road pipe) available.

Our 3" Turboback exhaust is the lightest and highest horsepower making exhaust available for the Evo. Our complete TRUE 3" turboback system weighs in at 24lbs which is 36lbs lighter than stock system which weighs in at 60lbs. Our exhaust regularly shows gains of 25-30whp.

Evo Catback Exhaust Comparison done by TPR Magazine

We sell our 3" full turboback for $825 SHIPPED in the lower 48 states. With this you have your choice of muffler as well as a highflow cat or off-road pipe.

Take care!

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
there are titanium cat-deletes available. haven't seen any downpipes that are ti though.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
Catback to catback... you would be looking at a weight of 16.5lbs and $450 for ours. For the Greddy Ti you would be looking at a weight of 12lbs with a price of $1000+. Also keep in mind there are no titanium front sections (downpipe and off-road pipe) available.
I think Aspec makes a titanium test pipe. Any true 3" exhuast makes good power and I think Bushur and the Greddy Ti don't have a resonator as well, correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

actually tests have shown that Magnaflow Ti made the most power - but this catback is no longer available unless u can find a used one
Old Oct 31, 2006, 08:40 AM
Account Disabled

Greddy Ti is probably the best but most systems are very close...
Old Oct 31, 2006, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

I bought my car with the buschur 3" already installed. Im happy with fit and function, though Ive never been worried about style as much as I want function. with a test pipe the car is loud when cruising at 3k rpms, but very nice with the highflow cat installed. not much difference in driveabililty and seat of the pants performance between the two.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tripperfx3
The bigger the less restriction, but you will lose torque. The Buschur TBE is a great exhaust and gives great gains, but its really loud. Its basically just a straight pipe with a muffler. If you want the best gains go with the buschur. Its also fairly light, but if you want alot of weight reduction go with something titanium, but to me a few pounds doesnt matter especially if its a difference of 5-10 hp.
How do you lose torque when you gain hp?
Old Oct 31, 2006, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hondafan
there are titanium cat-deletes available. haven't seen any downpipes that are ti though.
You can get an AP BOSS 75 or 80mm titanium dp with an A-Spec test pipe and
80mm Greddy TI catback.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur

Our 3" Turboback exhaust is the lightest and highest horsepower making exhaust available for the Evo. Our complete TRUE 3" turboback system weighs in at 24lbs which is 36lbs lighter than stock system which weighs in at 60lbs. Our exhaust regularly shows gains of 25-30whp.

Evo Catback Exhaust Comparison done by TPR Magazine

We sell our 3" full turboback for $825 SHIPPED in the lower 48 states. With this you have your choice of muffler as well as a highflow cat or off-road pipe.

Take care!

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
I dont believe the above bolded statement has ever been proven. I dont think you nor anyone else has ever published a dyno chart with the Greddy Titanium VS Buschur Catback. I also believe the the Buschur is slightly louder than the Greddy Titanium, being that I have heard both.

You can claim however "Our 3" exhaust is the lightest and highest horsepower making catback available for the Evo under $500"

That I think is the only thing that has been proven.

My $.02.

Brian
Old Oct 31, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

^ good point.

Also, here's my Buschur TBE I just took off my car (I'm selling...) You can see it's pretty much a straight shot from downpipe to muffler. Only just enough bends to make it fit...
Attached Thumbnails what exhaust system gets the most WHP gains?-buschurtbe.jpg  

Last edited by SterlingEvo; Oct 31, 2006 at 09:53 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Every test we have been involved in we have beat out the competition, actually. The test that TPR magazine did a few years ago had us and the Magnaflow Ti at the top. The Magnaflow Ti made .8 of a horsepower more than we did but we beat them out by 1.3 ft lbs of torque. Hard call there, you make the choice.

We have done a ton of testing here at the shop, remember we own a dyno, and have made more power everytime we have swapped out someone else's exhaust for ours, with ONE exception. I swapped out a catback on one car that I would have bet money sucked and it made the exact same power with it off the car as it did on the car. I didn't bother putting ours on that car.

Quick Reply: what exhaust system gets the most WHP gains?