Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full-Race ProStock Turbo Manifold

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2006, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't be too jumpy on the claim it wont crack. Even on very thick manifolds the right combination of events can crack just about any manifold.

Some people haven't cracked the cheap ebay manifold yet.

What thickness metal did they use on this piece? I'd like to know how it compares with my dubiously cheap maxford manifold which is a mere 3mm btw
Old Oct 30, 2006, 03:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RoadSpike
I wouldn't be too jumpy on the claim it wont crack. Even on very thick manifolds the right combination of events can crack just about any manifold.

What thickness metal did they use on this piece? I'd like to know how it compares with my dubiously cheap maxford manifold which is a mere 3mm btw
www.full-race.com Lifetime warranty on the manifold. Details are on their site.

Do not compare the Made in China Maxford headers w/ Full-Race. They dont' even come close.

Last edited by Speed Element; Oct 30, 2006 at 03:14 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red x's is all i see....
Old Oct 30, 2006, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RoadSpike

Wow, I guess you have never heard of Full-Race before. You may want to educate yourself by reading about the manifold comparison test that Buschur Racing conducted a few months ago. Also, check out Full-Race.com as Speed Element mentioned before.

-Carl

Last edited by Spent198; Oct 30, 2006 at 05:33 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoAnthony
Red x's is all i see....
Hmm, it seems to be working to me!

Let me know if anyone else is having issues.

-Carl
Old Oct 30, 2006, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

I have the full-race kit and love it. Some people just cant afford a premium product. For others like me who have their products, you would be hard-pressed to find any of us who would give it up........ITS THAT GOOD........PEROID.........enjoy your manifold and welcome to a somewhat exclusive club.........RRR
Old Oct 30, 2006, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rraulston
I have the full-race kit and love it. Some people just cant afford a premium product. For others like me who have their products, you would be hard-pressed to find any of us who would give it up........ITS THAT GOOD........PEROID.........enjoy your manifold and welcome to a somewhat exclusive club.........RRR
Link me to some pictures.

-Carl
Old Oct 30, 2006, 06:09 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
we love Swain..

it's functional and the hotness....

cb
Old Oct 30, 2006, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

please dont think I am flaming your purchase or downing Full Race, the guys make beautiful stuff. But you have to admit, for the price their products demand is it just me or is it ridiculous that you get ugly flame cut flanges? It wouldn't cost but maybe another $20 total for each piece to use some laser cut flanges with nice threaded bolt holes and such. I know for a fact that even Tial offers very reasonable laser cut flanges, their turbine inlet flanges and wastegate flanges are offered with threaded holes. This way you dont have to use a bolt and a nut. You can use a stud and a nut, which is superior by far.

Again, Im not wanting to start anything. Im sure the FR nut swingers have already skipped reading my entire post and have already started a reply, but w/e. This is a discussion forum and I'm simply making discussion.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by TheLab
please dont think I am flaming your purchase or downing Full Race, the guys make beautiful stuff. But you have to admit, for the price their products demand is it just me or is it ridiculous that you get ugly flame cut flanges? It wouldn't cost but maybe another $20 total for each piece to use some laser cut flanges with nice threaded bolt holes and such.
Eh, the money is where it counts, in the materials and welds. To laser cut, they'd probably have to outsource which adds to time, costs, shipping back and forth, etc, just to make it look pretty.

I used the Swain coating on my cast manifold of my previous car, and it's held up to 6 years of abuse with no probs. great product!
Old Oct 30, 2006, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Swain-Tech, cha cha cha.
Pooks, that manifold is gorgeous. Now that get that ***** coated so that it's protected.

-Jalal
Old Oct 30, 2006, 07:40 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Spent198
You have to pay a high price for the best product on the market. I obviously disagree with your statement, but to each his own. Geoff from Full-Race has actually recommended Swain-Tech White Lightning coating over all other coatings (including HPC) and I highly doubt it would void the warranty. I will be sure to post my Dyno Graphs once I have the car tuned so everyone can see how much of a "waste of money" this piece really is.

-Carl
He suggested the SwainTech because it is the best...
Old Oct 30, 2006, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
we love Swain..

it's functional and the hotness....

cb
Nice! I heard that the coating yellows over time, is this true? Do you have any pictures of the manifold installed?

Thanks,
Carl
Old Oct 30, 2006, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
He suggested the SwainTech because it is the best...
I never doubted that maybe it was indeed the best. I was simply looking for some other opinions.

More importantly, I wanted to show how perfect the welds are!

-Carl

Last edited by Spent198; Oct 30, 2006 at 07:45 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TheLab
please dont think I am flaming your purchase or downing Full Race, the guys make beautiful stuff. But you have to admit, for the price their products demand is it just me or is it ridiculous that you get ugly flame cut flanges? It wouldn't cost but maybe another $20 total for each piece to use some laser cut flanges with nice threaded bolt holes and such. I know for a fact that even Tial offers very reasonable laser cut flanges, their turbine inlet flanges and wastegate flanges are offered with threaded holes. This way you dont have to use a bolt and a nut. You can use a stud and a nut, which is superior by far.

Again, Im not wanting to start anything. Im sure the FR nut swingers have already skipped reading my entire post and have already started a reply, but w/e. This is a discussion forum and I'm simply making discussion.

+1

-Adam

Quick Reply: Full-Race ProStock Turbo Manifold