Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full-Race ProStock Turbo Manifold

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2006, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
since were on subject of coating... do they need to be heat cycled before they get coated?
Old Oct 30, 2006, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Speed Element
www.full-race.com Lifetime warranty on the manifold. Details are on their site.

Do not compare the Made in China Maxford headers w/ Full-Race. They dont' even come close.
It not like i don't disagree that maxford's are cheap, I even said so in the origional post. What i wanted to know was how thick the actual metal was

I'm definitely going to have to find this comparision by buschur
Old Oct 30, 2006, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its no doubt as far as quality Full-Race has great quality just like some other manifold makers as well, but for me I would have to say cast does just fine, Good example, most people know Inline Pro and Matt Keller, well he was running an off the shelf ported cast Inline Pro manfold looks similar to a Evo or DSM manifold and beating everyone in his class running 9's Now that is enough evidence for me to know that although a Full Race manifold is nice, it is not needed. I understand now why buschur ports stock manifolds and also uses a stock looking setup for his turbo kit.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think the wall thickness is 8 gauge.......not 100% though
Old Oct 30, 2006, 10:01 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Spent198
Well, I expected some negative comments but thanks for your feedback guys. As of now, my modifications are listed in my signature. I am planning on laying down the groundwork before I go ahead and get the Forge MBC and EcuTek Full Tune. (Turbo Manifold, WORKS ABM, Works 70mm DP, etc.) Do it right, or do it twice. I don't mind spending the money on this manifold because I will never have to worry about cracking like others do with cheaper manifolds. So you are aware, I didn't pay $1000 dollars. Retail isn't even that high...

-Carl
No offense or anything, but OEM strut tower bars are not modifications if they are original equipment. I also would not call window tint a mod. But whatever. The manifold looks very fking sweet!
Old Oct 30, 2006, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheLab
please dont think I am flaming your purchase or downing Full Race, the guys make beautiful stuff. But you have to admit, for the price their products demand is it just me or is it ridiculous that you get ugly flame cut flanges? It wouldn't cost but maybe another $20 total for each piece to use some laser cut flanges with nice threaded bolt holes and such. I know for a fact that even Tial offers very reasonable laser cut flanges, their turbine inlet flanges and wastegate flanges are offered with threaded holes. This way you dont have to use a bolt and a nut. You can use a stud and a nut, which is superior by far.

Again, Im not wanting to start anything. Im sure the FR nut swingers have already skipped reading my entire post and have already started a reply, but w/e. This is a discussion forum and I'm simply making discussion.
threaded bolt holes will not work on most manifolds... you don't have enough space to put a bolt. The runners will get in the way.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eling99

Your manifold seems to be a different design? look at Number 1 runner.

Wonder if its for performance or spool?

Mike
Old Oct 30, 2006, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice
Old Oct 30, 2006, 11:58 PM

wow, those welds are immaculate!!! that IS a piece of art.

p.s. looks purty raw , but if the coating is function, why not

edit: post pics of it on soon

Last edited by simple_mr2; Oct 31, 2006 at 12:22 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TogueMonster
No offense or anything, but OEM strut tower bars are not modifications if they are original equipment. I also would not call window tint a mod. But whatever. The manifold looks very fking sweet!
I didn't ask for your obviously highly educated opinion of my signature.

Otherwise, thankyou for the comments guys!

-Carl

Last edited by Spent198; Oct 31, 2006 at 06:31 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spent198
You have to pay a high price for the best product on the market. I obviously disagree with your statement, but to each his own. Geoff from Full-Race has actually recommended Swain-Tech White Lightning coating over all other coatings (including HPC) and I highly doubt it would void the warranty. I will be sure to post my Dyno Graphs once I have the car tuned so everyone can see how much of a "waste of money" this piece really is.

-Carl

WOW does it sound like you have brain washed....... I still wonder why people havent searched these forums and UNDERSTOOD... that .... a .....Ported and polished STOCK Exhuast manifold Flows the same if not more then those $1000 BIG Horsepower Items. WOW 15WHp........

Old Oct 31, 2006, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Is there any proof that the ported manifold makes HP over stock? There are tests conducted by Bushur that show 20HP gain, but that is with manifold, o2 and 10.5 hotside. I have never seen ANY tests isolating the ported manifold making more HP and would love to see some.

Yes, the full race manifold is expensive, but for those that are gonna push the stock turbo to its limits, it will gain power. not the best bang for the buck, but after you do basic bolt-ons and cams, you only have few options left to make additional HP...

IF I didn't have to pay international shipping and custom taxes, I would have bought the Full Race header by now...

Originally Posted by Spooldyou
WOW does it sound like you have brain washed....... I still wonder why people havent searched these forums and UNDERSTOOD... that .... a .....Ported and polished STOCK Exhuast manifold Flows the same if not more then those $1000 BIG Horsepower Items. WOW 15WHp........

Old Oct 31, 2006, 09:26 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Bosshog
Is there any proof that the ported manifold makes HP over stock? There are tests conducted by Bushur that show 20HP gain, but that is with manifold, o2 and 10.5 hotside...
That's probably because anyone who contemplates upgrading the exhaust manifold would be wise to relieve those remaining bottlenecks in the system (hotside and O2).

Even the lowly SS autochrome manifold provides a nice boost in midrange torque with proper tuning. The Full-Race piece definitely isn't haphazardly designed, and seems intended for those who are on a program to get every last bit from the stock (or stock-sized) turbos. Obviously, it may not be a viable option for everyone, but it isn't intended to be.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spooldyou

Full-Race wouldn't have to brainwash me to convince me to buy their product. If you take notice, Full-Race does not do much marketing compared to other companies. This is because the products speak for themselves. They have proven time and time again that their products are the best performing and highest quality on the market today. Maybe this product isn't for you. Maybe you would rather spend less money and run the risk of owning a product that might crack under high boost. As I said before, my motto is do it right or do it twice. Again, thanks for your comments.

And a little postscript, I did plenty of research.

EDIT: I am still amazed to find that plenty of members of this board do not appreciate higher end products...

-Carl

Last edited by Spent198; Oct 31, 2006 at 10:19 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
That's probably because anyone who contemplates upgrading the exhaust manifold would be wise to relieve those remaining bottlenecks in the system (hotside and O2).

Even the lowly SS autochrome manifold provides a nice boost in midrange torque with proper tuning. The Full-Race piece definitely isn't haphazardly designed, and seems intended for those who are on a program to get every last bit from the stock (or stock-sized) turbos. Obviously, it may not be a viable option for everyone, but it isn't intended to be.
Yes, considering it is appropriately named the ProStock Turbo Manifold.

-Carl

Quick Reply: Full-Race ProStock Turbo Manifold