Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

forge rs problem?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2006 | 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

forge rs problem?**update**

Well, for the last day or so my car has been acting weird. In between shifts my rpms would rise, making me and my father think i just messed up a few times or that my act clutch needed adjusting. But i just took my car out and when i nail it and let off, the car keeps going... meaning the rpms would still rise even without the clutch in. If i go to shift into the next gear it makes me think my foot was on the clutch and the rpms rose before getting into the next gear. Did i over tighten my forge rs valve and could this be the reason why this is happening? I tightened it pretty good and have had it on for 5 days or so without any problems. Has anyone else had something like this happen or know what may be wrong. Clutch is a few months old with 0 launches. Thanx for any help or suggestions.

Update after reinstallation*

Last edited by mrdevo; Nov 12, 2006 at 09:56 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

no help?
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

come on guys nobody has any idea? It did seem to get slightly better by loosening it. No one has ever had this issue?
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

post ur mods man. Then we can chime in boy!
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

tbe, 272,10.5,licp,hbc,alchy,forge/mr dv...It feels like the gas pedal is sticking even when i let off. My car still accelerates a little bit after letting off the gas. When i shift the rpms rise towards redline for a second then drop down. The clutch didn't slip on the highway, it just seems my gas pedal is on more than it should be. I really need help guys i switched the forge and mr dv on and off over the last few days and did it again just now. It has to be either some weird thing with the clutch or my gas pedal sticks for some odd reason.
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

It makes sense my gas pedal is messed up right? I mean if the rpms are rising for a second as i am shifting the clutch will make the rpms shoot up even higher like my timing and feet are slightly off.
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

I am having a little trouble understanding what you are saying but it kind of sounds like your clutch is going out. When a clutch goes out the rpms continue to rise even after you let off the gas. GOOD LUCK!!!

Last edited by gaulrich2003; Oct 31, 2006 at 02:22 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

no it isn't that. I floored it in 5th and it holds no prob. My buddy asked some people and he thinks it has something to do with the throttle cable/throttle body. Maybe a vacuum leak or something?clutch is act hdss with 0 launches and 4 months. Gotta figure this out its killing me
Old Nov 1, 2006 | 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

What could cause the throttle to stick after stepping off the gas. Is there anything else that could cause this to happen?clutch disc, boost/vacuum leak? Need help anybody
Old Nov 9, 2006 | 07:01 AM

Email mike@forgemotorsport.com as he can assist you in either adjusting the valve porperly or taking care of the issue.
Old Nov 9, 2006 | 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Thank you but the problem has been resolved. I tightened my cable, cleaned out the throttle body, reset the ecu, and put the mr dv back on. It has been fine since but i am tempted to put it on again and see if the problem is there.
Old Nov 9, 2006 | 10:40 AM
EvoM Guru

Reinstall the Forge RS and report the result.
Old Nov 9, 2006 | 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, you shouldn't change 4 variables at once when troubleshooting a problem. It likely has nothing to do with the BOV, but put it back on to be sure.
Old Nov 9, 2006 | 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sorry I missed this thread. I haven't visited the forums much recently as I've been working on other things.

Please, when you have a chance, try to put the valve back on and see how it goes. As Angel mentioned, I'm happy to work with you to fine tune to adjustment of the valve or to sort out any other issues that may arise. We stand behind our products 100%, so we'll be sure to see this through for you.
Old Nov 9, 2006 | 03:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Now here is something of which mrdevo and Mike should both be aware:

I've began having some mysterious idle issues which are puzzling. Even with the BISS screw completely seated, the car will not idle at less than 1600rpm. This is weird, as nothing has changed with the tune, and a pressure check didn't reveal anything amiss.

I use a Forge RS. Like many, I like its construction and adjustability. However, I made an important observation today. Going from the loosest to tightest settings involves 48 clicks. I was 8 clicks from the tightest setting. Just for kicks today, I went all the way to the loosest setting, and presto, no more idle problem. I fiddled with it and came to the conclusion that anything more than ~5 clicks from full loose causes the idle issue to suddenly reoccur.

I invite any educated commentary as to why this is the case.

Mrdevo, when you reinstall the Forge unit, try it on both full tight and full loose and report any differences.