Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

GSC EVO 9 CAM RESULTS DYNO'S Inside!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GSC EVO 9 CAM RESULTS DYNO'S Inside!

We made it to the dyno... but our session was cut short due to a redneck neighbor and noise...

We had time to do a little tuning on the Air Fuel only. No mivec timing adjustment nor any Ignition timing adjustments were made. We are going to try and head back tomorrow to finish her up.

ALL RUNS ARE ON A MUSTANG DYNO RUNS AND WERE MADE IN 3RD GEAR ON A 06 GSR EVO

First off, the total gain netted from stock to a cleaned air fuel line of 11.5 A/F, using our new Turbo Back exhaust, GSC 280 Intake/272 Exhaust Cams, and ECUFlash For tuning. (NO TIMING ADJUSTMENT OR MIVEC TUNING)

Black Is the GSC 280 Intake 272 Exhaust, TBE Gragh
Red is the Stock Car Base line

Stock Runs were made at 20.2psi falling to around 16.5PSI
GSC 280/272 and TBE were 20.5PSI falling to around 17.2psi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second up is the difference between just bolting in a set of GSC 280/272 Cams made on the car. The car was running so rich up top (in the 9.5 Air Fuel Range) you can see the dip in power on the topside. The entire time the car was in boost on this run the car ran under 10.5 Air Fuel

BLACK GRAPH is the GSC280/272 Equiped car
RED GRAPH is just the addition of the GSC Turbo Back Exhaust

__________________________________________________ _______________________

And Finally we have a graph compairing all three.

RED IS EXHAUST SYSTEM ONLY
BLACK IS JUST BOLTING IN A SET OF GSC 280/272 CAMS
BLUE IS A CLEAN AIR FUEL LINE OF 11.5A/F NO Timing ADJUSTMENT OR MIVEC ADJUSTMENT..

__________________________________________________ ____________________

All in all the car feels night and day better than before. I was unhappy that the air fuel line of the NO TUNING JUST Bolting in the cams was in the low 10's falling into the 9s air fuel wise.

The one thing we did notice is that the temperature last week (WHEN WE BASELINED THE CAR AND TESTED THE EXHAUST) was actually about 20Degree's Colder than this afternoon.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:08 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hmmm

base numbers seem a bit high for mustang numbers... is this dyno calibrated to specs as delivered?

otherwise...

we need some for testing of our own.

tell Leh to email me!

cb
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seeing the test were done on the same dyno bench, calibration seems to be irrelevent IMO. The cams look like they are doing there job up top. I think a ~34hp gain at ~7000rpm is great for a stock car! Id like to see more testing with further mods. Good job GSC!
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:22 PM
Former Sponsor

its a start!!!! regardless of what the base numbers are... there was a 15% gain with a tbe and cams with a little tuning... if they pump it up to 330 then i think we might have something...

granted if the car was fully tuned with the tbe... then the cams were put in and the car was fully tuned... that would show a better percentage... but just from the graph the fact the slope doesnt look like a hill its worth the money... all the power that ya have even be4 the cams ya get to keep to redline...

cheers!

now show us something worthwhile so i can save some money and get gsc instead of cosworth!
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

seems good to me
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't forget to add the all-important MBC tomorrow. Jack this thing up to 23-24psi, and the power will start to soar. Remember everyone that this is still stock boost...it hasn't been changed at all, not even through EcuFlash or boost hose modification. The slight gain after the TBE is due to the lesser backpressure, but the IX ECU keeps it in check.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:43 PM

Great numbers ...

It doesn't seem like anyone is bothering to use adjustable cam gears on the exhaust side ... it's not worth the effort?
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We're just getting started with IX cams, so that may come. One step at a time...
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Its to bad it took you guys so long to get your act together, I would have to imagine that its going to be hard to push your cams now that Cosworth has released there cams....
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Base numbers were the highest of 3 pulls. lowest was 264whp. either way the stock numbers were way high. but for dynoing a car it was pretty much perfect. 60 degree's clear. today was 80..

clayton, i think we are going to go to a Forge Wastegate actuator instead of the MBC route. Our test car is also a daily driver and i want this thing to run like it drove off of mitsu's lot no trouble at all no further tuning,, just open the hood and change the plugs and oil. at least this year

All I got to say is when we first drove the car to the dyno STOCK i thought mother this thing is slow as **** in 3rd and 4th. on the way home today i must say it put a smile on my face. K&N Drop In, TBE, Cams, and a Slight tune. anyone with a stock car and $2250 to spend on some parts would freakn love this setup.

Doug at top speed should have some 280/280 numbers for us next week with the 3076 kit
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

I am starting to like what I see, 28whp from just tuning the a/f... no timing or Mivec adjustments
Greg when you get these things all dialed in, I need to hear a clip of what they sound like when they idle... OH PRETTY PLEASE
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by statix
Its to bad it took you guys so long to get your act together, I would have to imagine that its going to be hard to push your cams now that Cosworth has released there cams....
People would have said that about us entering the cam market with our Evo 8 Cams 1.5 years ago with the hold that HKS had.... I'm not worried.. and as far as getting our act together to get them to market, hmm we got them to market the same time as Cosworth did and that to me is pretty damn impressive...
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

nice..i want cams for my nine now
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vwjeff
I am starting to like what I see, 28whp from just tuning the a/f... no timing or Mivec adjustments
Greg when you get these things all dialed in, I need to hear a clip of what they sound like when they idle... OH PRETTY PLEASE
how bout tomorrow
Old Nov 1, 2006, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GregGSC
People would have said that about us entering the cam market with our Evo 8 Cams 1.5 years ago with the hold that HKS had.... I'm not worried.. and as far as getting our act together to get them to market, hmm we got them to market the same time as Cosworth did and that to me is pretty damn impressive...
Well, best of luck to you guys.
I am mostly referring to the fact that it seems like your cams where do to be released for months on end.

Quick Reply: GSC EVO 9 CAM RESULTS DYNO'S Inside!