Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

mobile 1 extended life .....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2006, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mobile 1 extended life .....

so i was just reading that mobil 1 switching to group 3 oils and i went to the mobil 1 website. i checked out the diff between the regular mobil 1 synthetic and the extended performance synthetic. apparntly the only difference is that there is 50% more supersyn in the extended life than in the regular mobil 1. they are both full synthetic though.

so why is it that everyone sayd the mobil1 extended life oil screws up our engines?

weird
Old Nov 3, 2006, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06redMR
so i was just reading that mobil 1 switching to group 3 oils and i went to the mobil 1 website. i checked out the diff between the regular mobil 1 synthetic and the extended performance synthetic. apparntly the only difference is that there is 50% more supersyn in the extended life than in the regular mobil 1. they are both full synthetic though.

so why is it that everyone sayd the mobil1 extended life oil screws up our engines?

weird
it wont screw up your engine but listen, all mobile "full" synthetics are not real synthetics. royal purlpe, amsoil or redline are the only real synthetics i know of. they are called something but i cant think of the name right now. my cousin is a amsoil rep and he as a huge book on oils and it breaks down what they all are. it says it right in the book that mobile 1 synthetic oil is not a real snythetic. they can call it a synthetic because it meets some requirements .
Old Nov 3, 2006, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

ya im gonna switch to redline i think , never heard anything bad about them
Old Nov 3, 2006, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

I personally run amsoil, I noticed the engine ran slightly rougher upon starting with mobil 1 compared to amsoil. I had a friend with me after the change to help confirm it wasn't mental.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
it wont screw up your engine but listen, all mobile "full" synthetics are not real synthetics. royal purlpe, amsoil or redline are the only real synthetics i know of. they are called something but i cant think of the name right now. my cousin is a amsoil rep and he as a huge book on oils and it breaks down what they all are. it says it right in the book that mobile 1 synthetic oil is not a real snythetic. they can call it a synthetic because it meets some requirements .

I have been trying to tell people this and everyone said I am full of it. I also read some of that book. Don't forget to add motul to that list.