Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing's new 20gLT, EVO Green turbos ready to be ordered.....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2006, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With all of the turbo flops that have happened in the past several years (yours included), everyone is weary of bolton turbo promises and premature releases.
If there's a complaint, it should be directed at the fact that very seldom are the compressor wheel specs, cfm, turbine specs and maps given to potential buyers. I like to compare efficiency maps and wheel specs to other turbos. Without these specs, a buyer is at the mercy of bloggers and developers. I realize not everyone knows how to ready boost pressures and lb/min on a compressor efficiency island and determine if they'll get surge or choke, but to those who know who have reasonable knowledge, it would help. For that reason, many people have to rely on the sellers 'words of wisdom'. Those who have been burned because they HAD to rely on the seller, are now skeptics. Those who don't want to ONLY rely on those same words would like to have the specs. Very seldom are maps (except Garrett) and wheel specs given. This causes wrong choices to be made. Good example is the GT2871R. It comes primarily in 3 options 48,52 and 56 trims. For a VW 1.8t, the 48 was not much better than the Disco Potato( GT28RS). The 56 was too laggy. But the 52 is just right. The specs helped by comparing it to common knowledge and specs against the "Disco" and their respective maps. I'd like to see that type of information available for the EVO turbos. I'm now off of my soapbox.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WrX Kila
Beside Curt Brown I dont see anyone else hittting 10's with the stock turbo.
The one other EVO is in PR, but still, it's extremely rare.

Last edited by 99AllTurbo; Nov 7, 2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

One more thought. By giving the spec type information, it would tell the truth about all of the misnamed turbos in the 28?? and 30?? series of turbos. Such as which compressor wheel is larger but has a smaller turbine side, or which one has the same turbine side, but the compressor is smaller than another. Those wheel specs don't tell all but having inducer/exducer data at least helps when combined with T25, T3, T4 housings.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Lets calm down with the test-on-a-normal-car schtick. Dave has already expressed the fact that hes not going to spend an enourmous amount of time and money taking his car backwards.

Shake it off.

Some people will inevitably buy the tubo and test it. If, a few months down the road, you like what you see in terms of other peoples's results, then buy one. Just have a little patience, your answers will come sooner or later. Its just a turbo... not a vacine for cancer we're all waiting for.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mercenary3
Lets calm down with the test-on-a-normal-car schtick. Dave has already expressed the fact that hes not going to spend an enourmous amount of time and money taking his car backwards.
This is not about his car it's about his customers cars. The reason people are getting worked up is because they don't want test results on full blown race cars. Like everyone else said 90% of the Evo's here are mildly modded. Testing a car like that appeals to the general demographic.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by BBYBruno
This is not about his car it's about his customers cars. The reason people are getting worked up is because they don't want test results on full blown race cars. Like everyone else said 90% of the Evo's here are mildly modded. Testing a car like that appeals to the general demographic.
He's not really marketing this turbo, instead of sitting back *****ing about wanting to see numbers, wait for the first couple guys to get the damn thing, and see what kind of numbers they put up.

I think DB kinda knows a little about what he's talkin about......
Old Nov 7, 2006, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by The.alibi
He's not really marketing this turbo, instead of sitting back *****ing about wanting to see numbers, wait for the first couple guys to get the damn thing, and see what kind of numbers they put up.

And you obviously don't. Last time I checked it's his job to market any product he offers, this generates revenue for his company.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
would people stop replying with "Subscribed"
i read through 10 pages and a third of it are "Subscribed" replies.
stop blowing up the post with useless replies.
if you want to Subscribe to a post, just click Thread Tools > Subscribe to this Thread > Add Subscription.
that's it, it takes less time then to clicking Reply, type "Subscribed", then Submit.
sorry for the rant.

btw, i'm subscribed.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by The.alibi
Would you like to buy a 20g version 1 or 2?
Db has proven his products over and over, but when it comes to these hybrid turbos few have delivered on the first try or at all...

Last edited by LpBevoEvo; Nov 7, 2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 05:00 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by LpBevoEvo
Would you like to buy a 20g version 1 or 2?
Db has proven his products over and over, but when it comes to these hybrid turbos,few have delivered on the first try or at all...

I'd buy a V2 20g, but then again I wouldn't be one of the people walking into it expecting a 450whp & a 10 second car on the stock longblock with the stock ecu expecting 100+whp out of a small upgrade on pump gas.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
can we get some pic's of the LT compared to a 20g 9-5 and a stock evo 8 or 9 turbo??? lets see close up of the mods done to the LT
Old Nov 7, 2006, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

CFM rating, off the top of my head I believe the turbo flowed 38 lbs/mn when we tested it.
Dave at what boost level was it flowing the 38 lbs/min. and what was its efficiency at that point??
Old Nov 7, 2006, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LpBevoEvo
STOP TESTING YOUR NEW PRODUCTS ON CARS THAT DO NOT RESEMBLE WHAT 90% OF YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE DRIVING AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM.

It's that simple. I don't understand why you continue to bi*ch about something that you have control over and continue to repeat. Most people do not run revolver or jun cams on a stage 3 ported head, you do. Most people will not run an aem, you do. If you are trying to sell a turbo to yourself, you've done a good job. With all of the turbo flops that have happened in the past several years (yours included), everyone is weary of bolton turbo promises and premature releases.

If you don't want to hear these comments in the future then stop making the same mistakes. Develop a product for a market, test the product within the market, and then sell the proven product to consumers. It's not that difficult. Blame yourself for the need to rant...
Stop driving a stock car and you won't have to sweat Dave's nuts. If you don't like Mr. Buschur's habits/reasons/policies, then speak with your wallet and don't buy his parts. But I guess if your car is stock, you're already doing that, aren't you?
Old Nov 7, 2006, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jbrown
Stop driving a stock car and you won't have to sweat Dave's nuts. If you don't like Mr. Buschur's habits/reasons/policies, then speak with your wallet and don't buy his parts. But I guess if your car is stock, you're already doing that, aren't you?
I was waiting for the Trolls to enter this thread. WTF?
Old Nov 7, 2006, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jbrown
Wow.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing's new 20gLT, EVO Green turbos ready to be ordered.....