Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing's new 20gLT, EVO Green turbos ready to be ordered.....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2006, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BBYBruno
And you obviously don't. Last time I checked it's his job to market any product he offers, this generates revenue for his company.

*Sigh*

Originally Posted by LpBevoEvo
Would you like to buy a 20g version 1 or 2?
Db has proven his products over and over, but when it comes to these hybrid turbos few have delivered on the first try or at all...
I this turbo is a lessons learned kinda thing, an i plan on buying one this winter
Old Nov 7, 2006, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank God for Honda-Guy. I hope all the donkey raping pork sword swallowers that "subscribed" read that one... Posts that say "subscribe" only highlight the user's severe ignorance. 11 pages with about 5 useful posts, thanks guys. Some of you should stick to something you're good at, like smoking pole, or putting GT42Rs on otherwise stock pump gas EVOs.

About the 38 lbs/min, that's not accurate. The stocker does 42-43 lbs/min, as does the EVO3 turbo used on DSMs for a long time now. I'm not sure if the actual flow rating has been made public knowledge yet. If it has been Dave, you might want to update that; it will provide a decent comparison to the 50 trim as everyone seems to want and back up the HP differences between this turbo and the 50 trim. It should be obvious that it's close, or FP wouldn't be calling it the "EVO Green."
Old Nov 7, 2006, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Brian_H
I'd buy a V2 20g, but then again I wouldn't be one of the people walking into it expecting a 450whp & a 10 second car on the stock longblock with the stock ecu expecting 100+whp out of a small upgrade on pump gas.
I doubt anyone who purchased those expected that kind of performance... The new turbo is advertising this performance and I hope simliar results will be obtainable by your average joe. If so i'll probably be buying one myself.

Originally Posted by jbrown
Stop driving a stock car and you won't have to sweat Dave's nuts. If you don't like Mr. Buschur's habits/reasons/policies, then speak with your wallet and don't buy his parts. But I guess if your car is stock, you're already doing that, aren't you?
Way to ***ume my car is stock jbrown.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 09:56 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I doubt anyone who purchased those expected that kind of performance... The new turbo is advertising this performance and I hope simliar results will be obtainable by your average joe. If so i'll probably be buying one myself.
Well, from what I've seen people didn't really seem to grasp that they wouldn't be able to hit the same numbers on $x turbo that someone did with a fully built motor.

Then again, I can't say I'm surprised. usually when there's a thread like this there are people asking "do I need new injectors for this", or "will this void my warranty".
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
We will test on pump gas. We will test on more stock EVO's. We do not own stock EVO's here, there are 8 EVO's owned here and everyone of them is built, everyone has an AEM EMS on it. I am not converting a car over to "stock" to do a test. It is stupid, rediculous and not going to happen.

Let me just say this I have only read up to this part. But here it goes, this is the reason that the majority of the members will not buy that turbo from you. I know that the average member probablly has some basic mods. Say 3" TBE, maybe fuel pump bigger intercooler small things like that. Yes it makes since to run alky or race gas. I would love to run race gas but in reality there are many types of people you should cater to. I live in AK we only have 90 octane yeah there are not alot of people that run that in the lower 48 but hey there are a few that have to. So running numbers on a mildly moded evo with say a reflash with various octane rating will gain you a higher sales of that turbo. So you may and I am not saying you should but consider the average income of a evo owner hit that target group with some good tech data based on what mods they would have and bam gold mine for you. Oh feel free to rant and rave and yell I am barely ever on here.

Oh yeah and showing these #'s against a said stock part. Meaning if you are sellig a DP,TBE or what ever. Remeber it's the information age and people want info to read.

Last edited by AKEVO8; Nov 7, 2006 at 11:08 PM.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AKEVO8
Let me just say this I have only read up to this part. But here it goes, this is the reason that the majority of the members will not buy that turbo from you. I know that the average member probablly has some basic mods. Say 3" TBE, maybe fuel pump bigger intercooler small things like that.
If all you have are basic mods running pump gas only why would you even look at replacing the stock turbo, at all? you wouldn't be even close to pushing its limits. the whole concept makes no sense to me. the stock turbo is good for a lot of power, if you're not at the point where it no longer meets your requirements then you're long past just the basics.

What you're asking DB to do doesn't make a lot of sense.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by -=SPECTRE=-
If all you have are basic mods running pump gas only why would you even look at replacing the stock turbo, at all? you wouldn't be even close to pushing its limits. the whole concept makes no sense to me. the stock turbo is good for a lot of power, if you're not at the point where it no longer meets your requirements then you're long past just the basics.
It the ability to mix match parts. Why push your stock turbo to extreme limits if you can get the same power out of a bigger one with more potential if needed. Not everone wants to build a monstor motor right away some are content with a slow progression of up grade.

If you think about it the said turbo would be great for someone try to make there own bigger turbo setup using stock fitting parts. Like say a megan manifold and said turbo, plus various bolt ons and a good reflash.

So knowing that that turbo makes XX HP an TQ on a basic setup compared to a stock one is a reason to buy it there. KNowing full well that future upgrade can provide more power after tuned.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:17 PM

What you're asking DB to do doesn't make a lot of sense.
Sure it does his target market right now with the info he has posted is fairly highly modded EVO's. The majority of the market is not that it is a mildly modded EVO. So say 10-20% have evo's modded like him. Where is the other 80-90% at?? They are the mildly modded or stock evo's looking for something more.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AKEVO8
Sure it does his target market right now with the info he has posted is fairly highly modded EVO's. The majority of the market is not that it is a mildly modded EVO. So say 10-20% have evo's modded like him. Where is the other 80-90% at?? They are the mildly modded or stock evo's looking for something more.

80-90% have nothing to gain by replacing the stock turbo, that's the point. if you're running just stage one type parts and pump gas only then replacing the stock turbo with something bigger buys you little if anything. you'll get more lag because it's a bigger turbo yet you'll get a limited benefit since you don't have any of the supporting mods needed to utilize a larger turbo, namely meth/race gas.

what is the compulsive need to replace the stock turbo? looking at the list of the evo's shortcomings the turbo is nearly the -last- thing that needs replacing.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:24 PM

Just another thought to add. This is like saying that everyone that goes into a car stereo shop wants the biggest baddest system and has the money to spend right there. Answer is they don't. But if you can up sell them then but creating a package that works with what they have already purchased then you have just got another customer. Some one that will come back and buy more.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:32 PM

80-90% have nothing to gain by replacing the stock turbo, that's the point. if you're running just stage one type parts and pump gas only then replacing the stock turbo with something bigger buys you little if anything. you'll get more lag because it's a bigger turbo yet you'll get a limited benefit since you don't have any of the supporting mods needed to utilize a larger turbo, namely meth/race gas.

what is the compulsive need to replace the stock turbo? looking at the list of the evo's shortcomings the turbo is nearly the -last- thing that needs replacing.
This is true. But if I can run a bigger turbo at less psi and make the same kind of power I was before. THat extends the life of the turbo. Yes turbo lag is there. But most peopl will not notice it unless they are true gear heads. PLus if you tune for a bigger turbo you maybe able to eliminate lag. I am not saying it is the best idea in the world but think about this all these people want a bigger turbo for there basic mod setup why not provide them info for it w/ a good tune. showing the potenial of it on pump compared to stock. I mean if I could get a new turbo with 50hp on a basic setup and good tune running less psi I would be stoked. KNowing that later my upgrade would prouce more HP.

The idea is that I don't runmy stock turbo at a billion RPM and it dies. Only to run a bigger trubo a bit slower to last longer. Ie reliable HP. I can see I am beating a dead horse. Its like providing a cheaper bolt on turbo kit. I am out.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 12:48 AM
HOK
Evolving Member

buying a new turbo to extend the life of a turbo? that makes no sense. bigger turbo is for more hp... simple..
Old Nov 8, 2006, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by HOK
buying a new turbo to extend the life of a turbo? that makes no sense. bigger turbo is for more hp... simple..
Ah yes more HP. If need to tap into it. If you can't see the simple idea behind a slower spinning turbine compared to a smaller one spinning faster then don't post it is really simple. Yes turbo lag is present but how much do yo know?? No you don't because no one has posted that info. Why because BUSHer won't do it. If I take a engine and run it a 5k for the life of and engine and make say 100hp. Then I take another engine and run it at 10k for it's life and still only make 100hp then which one do you think will break first?? I can see you can fathom what I am talk ing about. So give it up. It is not about buying the turbo for extreme HP but making the HP with less boost knowing that later you can make the extreme HP if you want. Kinda like buying a bigger fuel pump. Think about it.

Last edited by AKEVO8; Nov 8, 2006 at 01:07 AM.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

I dont understand why posts like these are on this thread ^^ This turbo was not designed to replace larger turbos.. each have their ups and downs. I just don't see how people can compare a 35R (or other large turbos) to a "stock like" turbo the 20G. Do people really buy a BIG turbos to run it on pump gas at half the volume it can push thinking their motor will last longer than pushing the limits with a smaller turbo?

One thing I think EVERYONE should look at with all the 20G's turbo's Buschur has put out... AVERAGE HP. Have you noticed the average hp on a 35R? It's like low 200's if the car is putting down around 500whp. My car which made around 330hp had an average of 280hp. A friend of mines car putting down 360hp (2.3L 20G-9 also) has an average around 330hp. Do you really think it would take a gear head to notice the difference in these on the street?

I could go on and on but there is no point as a lot of people don't read it seems. I made similar arguments when the 20G-9 was a hot topic.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

STOP TESTING YOUR NEW PRODUCTS ON CARS THAT DO NOT RESEMBLE WHAT 90% OF YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE DRIVING AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM.

It's that simple. I don't understand why you continue to bi*ch about something that you have control over and continue to repeat. Most people do not run revolver or jun cams on a stage 3 ported head, you do. Most people will not run an aem, you do. If you are trying to sell a turbo to yourself, you've done a good job. With all of the turbo flops that have happened in the past several years (yours included), everyone is weary of bolton turbo promises and premature releases.

If you don't want to hear these comments in the future then stop making the same mistakes. Develop a product for a market, test the product within the market, and then sell the proven product to consumers. It's not that difficult. Blame yourself for the need to rant...
damn lp. very true post but a tad overboard haha. regardless, well put

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing's new 20gLT, EVO Green turbos ready to be ordered.....