Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing's new 20gLT, EVO Green turbos ready to be ordered.....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2006, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The FP Green for the DSM's was one of the greatest street turbos ever.................
Old Nov 8, 2006, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Couple things as I am reading through all this.

The turbo rating I quoted was incorrect. 46 lb/min is what the turbo flows.

We do have what I would say at this point has been proven to be the best turbo kits for the money right now. My RS is running our GT35R kit on it, the kit is $2995, the car ran 9.97 @ 142.32 mph with the exact kit we sell on it, on radials. As most of you know there have only been a few GT35R kits that have even gone in the 9's regardless of the build of the car and tires run. AMS's kits have done it on Al's and Curt's car. They have a quality kit of course. I am making a point on selling price though and ours is SUPER quality/performance for the price. Anyway, not turning this into a 35R kit discussion.

My point is there is a big difference between this turbo for $1700 and a big turbo kit. Here are a few things I want to point out, again:

Stock manifold or any stock replacement can be used.

Stock 02 housing or any stock replacement can be used.
--You ask why is that a benefit if you are still paying $1700 for just a turbo?
--It's a benefit because it will never break and all the parts for this kit, if you have a
problem are available at any Mitsubishi dealer to get you back on the road.

This turbo offers very good low and mid range power ALONG with big top end power. Buying a GT style turbo kit that would offer results anywhere near these would mean going with a very small FULL turbo kit upgrade and you'd be right back to spending atleast $2995 on a good quality kit.

This turbo will allow you to run a smaller injector upgrade for good driveability with the stock computer. This turbo requires nothing more than a normal upgraded fuel pump. The turbo requires no special MAF inlet pipe. The turbo looks 100% stock, no flags for the police, no flags for the dealership.

End of list.

So, you can compare it to what you COULD get for just another $1200 for a full turbo kit upgrade but the fact is there is a trade off going with a GT30/35R kit, the low end a midrange suck compared to this turbo, more parts are required to install it and get it to perform well too.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 06:41 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well said... and a bit more "sane" than I think I'd be at this point.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

This is exactly what in need low and midrange kick. I'll be waiting # w/ alky.

What Injectors you recommend for optimal use?
Old Nov 8, 2006, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

personally i never complained about the price. nor do i really care about pump numbers as i plan to run meth with my next turbo, however you completely disregarded lp's post and he had a very valid point, even if a bit ranty
Old Nov 8, 2006, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WrX Kila
Understand for $1350 you can by a gt35r. The suby guys can get an FP Green for $1400, now that turbo has been proven and it flows 49lbs and is a bolt on.
Thats pretty irrelevant here. You can buy a GT35R for $1350.... thatttt wont fit on your car? This is $350 more, and bolts right on.

Yeah the Subies have bolt on turbos like the Green that cost a little less... but Subies arent EVOs and Subies are slow as *****
Old Nov 8, 2006, 06:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Yeah the Subies have bolt on turbos like the Green that cost a little less... but Subies arent EVOs and Subies are slow as *****
Old Nov 8, 2006, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Here's the test I think would be worth seeing:

Stock block
Stock head
Cams
Walbro
Injectors
FMIC upgrade
Ported stock manifold
AEM EMS

test the above combo back to back on race gas or meth and then again on pump gas only.

You will get a result that will give an idea of how this turbo performs on all ends of the spectrum.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

I think the general interest of buyers for this turbo are ones who want a well-rounded turbo that puts up respectable #s (whether it's real time or dyno time) w/o significant loss in driveability/spool/throttle response.

I think what the general opinion of a mildly modded Evo would be bolts-ons (tbe, mbc, fp), cams, ported parts, flash, and maybe alky.

The majority of Evo owners probably don't have fully built Evos (rebuilt bottom end, stroker, AEM, etc.)

My application for this turbo is road racing, street driving, and the occasional drag run. While I don't have unrealistic expectations of the perfect turbo with perfect spool and insane power, I'm thinking (as I think the general audience) that this will be the turbo that closest meets these applications.

Finally, I've bought into the advice that alky injection is a complement to race fuel, not a substitute. I plan to run race fuel on the drag strip but in terms of driving otherwise it just seems that 93/94 would be more appropriate.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

guy's just give up. its not happening
Old Nov 8, 2006, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Where are the mods for this thread. The title says new 20gLT ready to be ordered not hey DB test this turbo like this. People, start a new ***** thread if you want to *****. Lets leave this one to actually talking about the turbo.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

as soon as that conversion can happen im in

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Spool up, on my car and Curt's, which both are completely built. We made 20 psi at 3500 rpm.

No conversion of the existing 20g-9-5's as of yet. We will do them but as of now I am being told "no".

CFM rating, off the top of my head I believe the turbo flowed 38 lbs/mn when we tested it.

Inlet is the same stock EVO9 compressor cover.

The 10.5 housing is modified to fit the larger turbine wheel. It fits with all available 02 housings, including stock.

Compressor side is stock EVO9 modified to fit the new wheel, internally.

Compressor wheel is the same 5 bladed wheel we have been using in our 20g-9-5's.

No, the turbo is not comparable to the old TD06 20g's.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

i think DB has the gotten the point of what people wanna see....there are about 3 pages worth of posts now that says "I think this combination is what DB should test...."

can we stop with that now please?
Old Nov 8, 2006, 07:27 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by -=SPECTRE=-
Here's the test I think would be worth seeing:

Stock block
Stock head
Cams
Walbro
Injectors
FMIC upgrade
Ported stock manifold
AEM EMS

test the above combo back to back on race gas or meth and then again on pump gas only.

You will get a result that will give an idea of how this turbo performs on all ends of the spectrum.
I'm quoting you, but the response is directed at the general membership...

See, that's the problem. People want someone to run "their" setup for them... well, this listed setup WILL NOT WORK where I am. An aftermarket management system will leave a car here un-inspectable. We have to be able to pass an OBD II port test here. So myself and my customers have no use for any results using an AEM... never will. That's the problem with everyone wanting a test on their setup... there are hundreds to thousands of different combinations being used!

There is no way in hell David is going to be able (even if he were crazy, and wanted to) to test everyone's personal setup.

Hold on people, let some customers start posting up numbers.

As to some posts farther back... I'm really sure David is going to be coaxed into doing the test you people want by insulting him and his decisions. Sure, right, insult the man until he gives in and spends his time and money to bend to your wishes... hold your breath on that one!
Old Nov 8, 2006, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
all this talk about the magical turbo, when are we going to see a variable flow turbo for the evo like the one being used on the new Porsche and Acura RDX. the Acura's turbo seems to be in simplest form with just a flap inside that resemble an internal waste gate, although there might be a patent on it. with these turbos, you can have the best of both world. imagine 500 whp on pump gas with minimal lag like the stock turbo. variable flow turbos are nothing new but it looks like it's becoming more mainstream. i'm going to start holding my breath.

Last edited by honda-guy; Nov 8, 2006 at 07:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing's new 20gLT, EVO Green turbos ready to be ordered.....