Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing's new 20gLT, EVO Green turbos ready to be ordered.....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2006, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just by chance i happend to be at PRP when Curt Brown ran that time. Amazing driver, althought after talking to him he says evolutions are ugly ( strike one for him). But his car was fully stripped, and running full out slicks on all four corners.

True enough he made one pass and went home.

On a side note, looking into his engine bay i noticed this tiny turbo and asked "WTF do you have such a tiny turbo in a fully built car for?"

He said "Im just testing it, only be and DB have them. The car feels slow as heck compaired to my other set up (which he ran low 9s on the week or so before) but its alot nicer to drive around town on this set up"

Then he ran a 10.5 and i proceeded to poop in my pants (almost)

Next fastest evo ran a 12.9 that night....with a warrtalon'esq package

On a side note....a RSX with a full race 35r kit ran a 14.9.....i pointed and laughed at him
Old Nov 8, 2006, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Thats pretty irrelevant here. You can buy a GT35R for $1350.... thatttt wont fit on your car? This is $350 more, and bolts right on.

Yeah the Subies have bolt on turbos like the Green that cost a little less... but Subies arent EVOs and Subies are slow as *****
EVOs are still 4g63's like DSM's so prices for motor parts should be right around the same. No need to price gouge a part for the same motor in a diff car just cuz its newer. Not aimed at anyone, just saying in general and responding to this post only.

On the other hand just let the world keep turning. I am sure Dave will have a customer that will get this turbo soon enough and we will see the results when he posts them.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stealth Ag
Just by chance i happend to be at PRP when Curt Brown ran that time. Amazing driver, althought after talking to him he says evolutions are ugly ( strike one for him). But his car was fully stripped, and running full out slicks on all four corners.

True enough he made one pass and went home.

On a side note, looking into his engine bay i noticed this tiny turbo and asked "WTF do you have such a tiny turbo in a fully built car for?"

He said "Im just testing it, only be and DB have them. The car feels slow as heck compaired to my other set up (which he ran low 9s on the week or so before) but its alot nicer to drive around town on this set up"

Then he ran a 10.5 and i proceeded to poop in my pants (almost)

Next fastest evo ran a 12.9 that night....with a warrtalon'esq package

On a side note....a RSX with a full race 35r kit ran a 14.9.....i pointed and laughed at him

Hhaha race that RSX on the freeway and he'll eat you alive lol. Them hondas love roll races
Old Nov 8, 2006, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

I saw an RDX in front of me yesterday. As I passed by his side he looked over and gave me a thumbs up. Maybe it was a previous evo owner who needed more booty space lol
Old Nov 8, 2006, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mchuang
Hhaha race that RSX on the freeway and he'll eat you alive lol. Them hondas love roll races
agreed. he couldn't launch it thats all.

let me guess. 14.9 @ 124? lol
Old Nov 8, 2006, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mchuang
EVOs are still 4g63's like DSM's so prices for motor parts should be right around the same. No need to price gouge a part for the same motor in a diff car just cuz its newer. Not aimed at anyone, just saying in general and responding to this post only.
We're not talking about motor parts, we're talking about turbo prices. This is not a mass produced Garrett turbo (GT35R). This is a CUSTOM turbo, its going to cost more.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

We're not talking about motor parts, we're talking about turbo prices. This is not a mass produced Garrett turbo (GT35R). This is a CUSTOM turbo, its going to cost more.
But the work that went into the fpgreen for the subaru was probably more work than the work that went into the evo green, since the evogreen is using the same housing as the normal 20g just modified. Really I dont care all I want for christmas is a bushur gt35 kit.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
"Stock block
Stock head
Cams
Walbro
Injectors
FMIC upgrade
Ported stock manifold
AEM EMS

test the above combo back to back on race gas or meth and then again on pump gas only."

The above parts list makes no sense what-so-ever. There is no turbo back exhaust on the list, no turbo outlet elbow (o2 housing). Even if you simply forgot the exhaust in the list NOT putting on one of the SS 02 housings is stupid, that's 15 whp for $195. Wanting the car tested with the AEM EMS is what everyone else on here is fighting for me NOT to do.

I can't make everyone happy and that is the point of me singling out this post.

Some of you missed the part where I said, EVENTUALLY I WILL TEST ALL DIFFERENT COMBINATIONS BUT I AM NOT DOING IT ON MY OWN CAR OR ANY SHOP CARS AS THEY ARE OVER BUILT FOR THIS STOCK ECU, STOCK ENGINE, STOCK HEAD TESTING BEING REQUESTED. As soon as I can get some customer cars in here with basic mods and reflashes more testing will be done.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4G63 T
What Injectors you recommend for optimal use?
Assuming all of the typical variables, like target AFR of 11:1, pump gas, 43 psi base pressure, etc, 650s will just cover a 46-48 lb turbo. That is the smallest you would be able to go, if you don't mind IDCs in the high 90s. Bigger would be better, if your engine management solution will support it without too many negative side effects.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kjewer1
Assuming all of the typical variables, like target AFR of 11:1, pump gas, 43 psi base pressure, etc, 650s will just cover a 46-48 lb turbo. That is the smallest you would be able to go, if you don't mind IDCs in the high 90s. Bigger would be better, if your engine management solution will support it without too many negative side effects.
What about for a race gas tune? I know you can run leaner AFR but would 650s do or would 720s be necessary (or 750s)
Old Nov 8, 2006, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by -=SPECTRE=-
Here's the test I think would be worth seeing:

Stock block
Stock head
Cams
Walbro
Injectors
FMIC upgrade
Ported stock manifold
AEM EMS

test the above combo back to back on race gas or meth and then again on pump gas only.

You will get a result that will give an idea of how this turbo performs on all ends of the spectrum.
Dude that setup is not what people want to see. EMS? No. Flash, yes. You dont even have TBE/02 listed.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The above parts list makes no sense what-so-ever. There is no turbo back exhaust on the list, no turbo outlet elbow (o2 housing). Even if you simply forgot the exhaust in the list NOT putting on one of the SS 02 housings is stupid, that's 15 whp for $195. Wanting the car tested with the AEM EMS is what everyone else on here is fighting for me NOT to do.
1) Come on beat me up over something valid. It's not necessary to mention something as obvious as a TBE and O2 housing being prerequisites for testing. I would think you'd have been more insulted if I -had- mentioned them.

2) It's not like there will be a tremendous difference in power between this setup on a well tuned stock ECU vs. a well tuned EMS setup. It will be close enough to give a general idea of what to expect.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Dude that setup is not what people want to see. EMS? No. Flash, yes. You dont even have TBE/02 listed.
1. There isn't a magic "make 1 jillion more horsepower than a stock ECU" setting in EMS.

2. Is it even necessary to mention something so incredibly obvious? A boost controller might be needed, too. And four wheels. And tires. And pedals. And a Lancer EVO.

Last edited by -=SPECTRE=-; Nov 8, 2006 at 09:15 AM.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

u guys need to leave DB alone with this testing bs. it just came out this week, no one has one yet.

GIVE IT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 8, 2006, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

What about for a race gas tune? I know you can run leaner AFR but would 650s do or would 720s be necessary (or 750s)
A leaner target AFR will make the injectors a little "bigger," but most race fuels have a lower specific gravity, which cancels that out for the most part. With pump gas with a SG of .76 and a target AFR of 11:1, with all the other usual variables mentioned previously, 4 650s will support 47.8 lbs/min. At 46 lbs/min, IDC will be 96%. With race gas with a SG of .71 (The fuels I use range from .70 to .724) and a target AFR of 12:1, they will support 48.7 lbs/min, IDC drops to 94%. A marginal increase, worth about 10 HP capacity. But, you will still be safer on the race gas, since you can run a bit leaner than 12:1 anyway. So if you plan to run lower boost/airflow on pump gas and full boost on race gas, I would personally be comfortable running this way. I've done it for years on different setups. I don't mind high IDCs.

The only real variable is what this turbo will actually flow. I like to verify the flow ratings on my own setup with the turbo completely maxed out (no signal to WGA, boost dropping with airflow increase). On all Garret and Mitsu turbos I have run (at least a dozen different varieties), they have maxed out at exactly what they were supposed to (Within 1 lb/min, which I'm sure is within the resolution/accuracy/repeatability/etc of my airflow sensor). This turbo is a bit more custom, so I'd like to verify the flow numbers. If it outperforms its ratings, the 650s will get a bit risky. If the turbo was a little cheaper I would buy one just to test it and satisfy my own curiosity, but I'm pretty set on a slightly larger upgrade.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing's new 20gLT, EVO Green turbos ready to be ordered.....