Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing's new 20gLT, EVO Green turbos ready to be ordered.....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2006, 09:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lexat20
Where are the mods for this thread. The title says new 20gLT ready to be ordered not hey DB test this turbo like this. People, start a new ***** thread if you want to *****. Lets leave this one to actually talking about the turbo.
No other threads run like wild fire like a David Buschur turbo thread. There is no way we can keep these threads all nice and tidy. The only way to keep up with them is to keep shutting them down to clean them up... and I bet no one wants that. However, we WILL deal with the more blatant rule violations! Basically ANYONE acting an ***!

We will come in and clean it up from time to time you can be sure. Thanks for everyone's patients...
Old Nov 8, 2006, 09:24 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

...and you two guys can cut the crap RIGHT NOW before it goes any further!
Old Nov 8, 2006, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zeus
...and you two guys can cut the crap RIGHT NOW before it goes any further!
not me right?

Not you

-Zeus-

Last edited by Zeus; Nov 8, 2006 at 10:30 AM.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Your looking at days off...

-Zeus-

Last edited by Zeus; Nov 8, 2006 at 10:29 AM.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Well I personally am very excited to see some numbers from the members. Somewhat for dyno numbers but even more so for 1/4 mile times. I would say if I see the average cars with the basic bolt-ons and cams running under 12.0 on this on 93 octane I am sold (not everone is Curt Brown). And for those of us who are not yet talked into alky this turbo may still be the way to go for us because it will be very fun on the street, but if we want to rip off a good et we can just throw in some C16, turn up the boost, and kick some SRT-4 *** all over the drag strip. Can't wait! I am soooo glad I waited to get this over the old 20G-9-5.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kjewer1
A leaner target AFR will make the injectors a little "bigger," but most race fuels have a lower specific gravity, which cancels that out for the most part. With pump gas with a SG of .76 and a target AFR of 11:1, with all the other usual variables mentioned previously, 4 650s will support 47.8 lbs/min. At 46 lbs/min, IDC will be 96%. With race gas with a SG of .71 (The fuels I use range from .70 to .724) and a target AFR of 12:1, they will support 48.7 lbs/min, IDC drops to 94%. A marginal increase, worth about 10 HP capacity. But, you will still be safer on the race gas, since you can run a bit leaner than 12:1 anyway. So if you plan to run lower boost/airflow on pump gas and full boost on race gas, I would personally be comfortable running this way. I've done it for years on different setups. I don't mind high IDCs.

The only real variable is what this turbo will actually flow. I like to verify the flow ratings on my own setup with the turbo completely maxed out (no signal to WGA, boost dropping with airflow increase). On all Garret and Mitsu turbos I have run (at least a dozen different varieties), they have maxed out at exactly what they were supposed to (Within 1 lb/min, which I'm sure is within the resolution/accuracy/repeatability/etc of my airflow sensor). This turbo is a bit more custom, so I'd like to verify the flow numbers. If it outperforms its ratings, the 650s will get a bit risky. If the turbo was a little cheaper I would buy one just to test it and satisfy my own curiosity, but I'm pretty set on a slightly larger upgrade.
Thanks, good info
Old Nov 8, 2006, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
u guys need to leave DB alone with this testing bs. it just came out this week, no one has one yet.

GIVE IT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!
No **** I doubt he even has an extra one of these laying around to test with. If there was an upgrade option already available to use 20G-9 I'd go up there today and get one then dyno to calm the masses. I think some people just like to whine like it's their god given right they get all the information they desire.

780's are more than enough for every application with the 20G-9 so I'd assume the same would hold true for the LT.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
BUT I AM NOT DOING IT ON MY OWN CAR OR ANY SHOP CARS AS THEY ARE OVER BUILT FOR THIS STOCK ECU, STOCK ENGINE, STOCK HEAD TESTING BEING REQUESTED. As soon as I can get some customer cars in here with basic mods and reflashes more testing will be done.
I always thought R&D was done before the product was released!

Last edited by WrX Kila; Nov 8, 2006 at 11:47 AM.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

It has been done.. just not on the platform of everyones liking. If he only tested this on bolt-on cars on pump gas people would be *****ing about not seeing the results on a fully built car and or race gas. You can't please everyone so lets just be patient!
Old Nov 8, 2006, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

In all honesty... why would the test be done on fully built cars when the average joe buying this turbo will most likely have stock bottom with bolt on's.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 11:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by WrX Kila
In all honesty... why would the test be done on fully built cars when the average joe buying this turbo will most likely have stock bottom with bolt on's.

Have you read anything in this thread?
Your question has been answered more than once, less output more input.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

I give up. I feel like I'm talking to a wall lol
Old Nov 8, 2006, 12:17 PM
mot
Evolved Member

i made my order today
very excited for this turbo on my stock block
i hope its super sweet
Old Nov 8, 2006, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The testing is done, was done. Why would I polish a turd? I wouldn't. Our testing has been done on cars that NEED a turbo upgrade. Not a stock EVO that doesn't even have the parts on it that it should have to make the power it could be making.

IF you have done business with us in the past and didn't call here and say, "I want 1,000 cc injectors, here's my credit card number." You will already know that we try to spend a great deal of time with our customers to see what they have on the car and what they SHOULD do next, not just sell them a part. I spend 10 times more time talking guys into NOT spending money on large turbos, built shortblocks and ported heads than I do ever actually selling them a part.

Most of the guys asking us to test this and that combination aren't even close to needing a turbo upgrade. As a matter of fact I have sold more people our complete Stage 3 kits and told them, "Do this first, if you still aren't happy THEN consider a turbo upgrade." I RARELY ever hear back from them saying, "That wasn't enough, I want more." 90% of EVO enthusiasts are better off with a well tuned well put together bolt on package with a stock turbo on the car, maybe more than 90%. If you aren't already running high 11's in the 1/4 mile or atleast below 12.20's, with trap speeds at 112+ mph then YOU ARE NOT NEEDING A TURBO YOU ARE NEEDING A CORRECT COMBINATION OF PARTS, A GOOD DRIVER OR SOMEONE THAT KNOWS HOW TO TUNE, and I am talking about doing this on 93-94 octane fuel.

Turbo upgrades are for making more power. It is not the cheapest way to make more power, atleast not early in the modification stages, or the way that any reputable shop should be trying to promote it. That's why I test it on built cars with race gas, they are at the point they actually need a turbo upgrade.

Why do you think Curt ran 10.50's on it at 129 mph? Why do you think my car ran 10.8 at 128 mph on it? Because we had the cars built like they should be to begin with.

Bolting this turbo on a turd is going to give you a laggy turd, not a record setter. This goes for any turbo upgrade.

Spend you money on the proper mods and tuning FIRST.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
so you're saying you need to buy your stage 3 head and fully built bottom end before considering upgrading to this BOLT ON turbo kit?

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing's new 20gLT, EVO Green turbos ready to be ordered.....