Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing's new 20gLT, EVO Green turbos ready to be ordered.....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2006, 05:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dadriva
"When will then be now?" - Lord Helmet

"Soon Sir, Soon Sir." - Guard

- Spaceballs
hehe, thats a classic, but it's actually..

Dark Helmet: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?
Colonel Sandurz: Now. You're looking at now sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.
Dark Helmet: What happened to then?
Colonel Sandurz: We passed then.
Dark Helmet: When?
Colonel Sandurz: Just now. We're at now, now.
Dark Helmet: Go back to then!
Colonel Sandurz: When?
Dark Helmet: Now.
Colonel Sandurz: Now?
Dark Helmet: Now!
Colonel Sandurz: I can't.
Dark Helmet: Why?
Colonel Sandurz: We missed it.
Dark Helmet: When?
Colonel Sandurz: Just now.
Dark Helmet: When will then be now?
Colonel Sandurz: Soon.

Old Nov 9, 2006, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
It scares me that someone knows that.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 05:59 AM
Evolving Member

A+ ^
Old Nov 9, 2006, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

haha
Old Nov 9, 2006, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 34Turbo
You'll definitely improve your times with practice but just to give you an idea, guys in our region are running 11.6-11.8 @ 118mph with the stock turbo and alky. What concerns me with your 50 trim is your trap speed not your ET. 116 is pretty low for that setup. It will get better though, I assume...

on that run I was shifting at 7000 instead of winding each gear out to 7800
Old Nov 9, 2006, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I do understand wanting numbers on a more normally-modded Evo, but I really don't understand why people want pump gas numbers. Why are you going to upgrade the turbo only to run pump gas and not tap into half the turbo's potential? That's very strange to me...

For once Warr, I Agree...... Well Done Sir.....Well Done
Old Nov 9, 2006, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Going 10's would not be a problem on the stock head and stock shortblock with this turbo. What is going to be a problem is getting the rest of the combination right and getting someone who can actually drive well enough to pull it off. .
Not to put you on the spot Mr. Dave. But, I think the people have Spoken. One thing that seperates you from the rest i think is that you listen to your Cust/Fan base and let them know whats going on, and not affraid to try stuff alittle differently. I too would want to see these results in a more realistic envoirnment. not in Race land.... but on the street, everyday results.

Anthony
Old Nov 9, 2006, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

so how much hp will it make by just boltin it on???
Old Nov 9, 2006, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personally would rather see the maximum potential of a given turbo. I don't ever install a turbo that I don't intend to max out, and I want to know what to expect. I also enjoy the challenge of trying to duplicate what the "fast guys" have done. What a turbo does not maxed out is irrelevant, IMO. Take a selection of turbos that are in the same ballpark that will be not maxed out on a given setup and run them all at the same boost on pump gas and you'll get within a few hp of each other. If you are unable to max out the stock turbo on pump gas due to some limiting factor (ultimately knock, usually), the limiting factor is likely to still be there on the new turbo. This is why it doesn't make sense to upgrade from the stock turbo until you have maxed it out. IF the turbo is the limiting factor, THEN it makes sense to upgrade it. Despite the fact that I've run over a dozen different turbos of all sizes on all kinds of setups, I don't expect anyone will listen to what I just said. Fortunately, I don't mind talking to myself. Knock yourselves out, just don't expect Dave to do it on his dime.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kjewer1
This is why it doesn't make sense to upgrade from the stock turbo until you have maxed it out. IF the turbo is the limiting factor, THEN it makes sense to upgrade it. Despite the fact that I've run over a dozen different turbos of all sizes on all kinds of setups, I don't expect anyone will listen to what I just said. Fortunately, I don't mind talking to myself. Knock yourselves out, just don't expect Dave to do it on his dime.

Well said Kevin, it's nice to see other educated DSMers over here
Old Nov 9, 2006, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

FYI, we showed 44 lbs/min on the White Rabbit converted to Evo 9 specs. This was similiar to the 20G-9-5 but without the clipped turbine wheel. Although we had the TME Ti/Al shaft in ours. This was on an Evo 9 MR with 3" TBE, Stock FMIC and piping, stock airbox, and 264 exhaust cam and Forge RS bov and a ECU flash. This was with the boost turned all the way up with a forge UNOS. It would make no more boost, so this was the ultimate air flow on that setup. We read the MAF lbs/min with a pocketlogger. This new one should be able to make about 5 lbs/min more, good bump.

Brian

Last edited by TURBODAWG; Nov 9, 2006 at 07:49 AM.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 09:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
FYI, my WR was good fro probably 10-20hp up top on crappy 91. On 100, it was a very different story.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

I think this turbo is looking very promising for a DD car that has all the bolt ons.
meth, cams, IC pipes, intercooler, intake, catless TBE, MBC, fuel pump, ported stock mani and O2 then with a custom tune on the stock ECU. I bet with this setup you could get the car to almost drive like its 100% stock with a good tuner.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kjewer1
I personally would rather see the maximum potential of a given turbo. I don't ever install a turbo that I don't intend to max out, and I want to know what to expect. I also enjoy the challenge of trying to duplicate what the "fast guys" have done. What a turbo does not maxed out is irrelevant, IMO. Take a selection of turbos that are in the same ballpark that will be not maxed out on a given setup and run them all at the same boost on pump gas and you'll get within a few hp of each other. If you are unable to max out the stock turbo on pump gas due to some limiting factor (ultimately knock, usually), the limiting factor is likely to still be there on the new turbo. This is why it doesn't make sense to upgrade from the stock turbo until you have maxed it out. IF the turbo is the limiting factor, THEN it makes sense to upgrade it. Despite the fact that I've run over a dozen different turbos of all sizes on all kinds of setups, I don't expect anyone will listen to what I just said. Fortunately, I don't mind talking to myself. Knock yourselves out, just don't expect Dave to do it on his dime.

Amen, brother.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

so dave.. I know you've had to tune one of these on a customers car by now.. post up!

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing's new 20gLT, EVO Green turbos ready to be ordered.....