Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing's new 20gLT, EVO Green turbos ready to be ordered.....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2006, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to trow a curveball:

Welcome to Curt Brown's EVO webpage, home of the fastest stock turbo EVO in the world with a time of 10.59@127.47.

With the evogreen, he now can run 10.5 at 129mph. doesn't that aqual to 10-15HP gain?
Old Nov 28, 2006, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bosshog
Just to trow a curveball:

Welcome to Curt Brown's EVO webpage, home of the fastest stock turbo EVO in the world with a time of 10.59@127.47.

With the evogreen, he now can run 10.5 at 129mph. doesn't that aqual to 10-15HP gain?
I believe it's safe to say that the car was tuned to the ragged edge when he ran that time with the stock turbo vs making 1 untuned pass with the new one.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 02:07 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Deepseadiver
The car that was in the vid is mine. 2006 IX SE The mods are Buschur 3' TBE with test pipe, Buschur LICP, the 20G-LT with powder coated E-Bay O2 housing, 680 injectors, TTP Meth Kit, K&N drop in filter and Forge MBC. The car was road tuned by TPP. The car feels Great! Lots of power. I have no Dyno numbers because I have no Idea where a AWD Dyno is? I am living in Panama City, FL If anyone knowes where the nearest AWD dyno is down here I am all ears. I just don't want to drive more than an hour and half to put it on a dyno. I think I need a better waste gate because the boost tapers pretty bad. Other that that I love the setup.
I am not really going to comment on this turbo at this time, however an uprated HP actuator is NECESSARY. If using a Hallman or Forge MBC, the hard spring is recommended. The car was tuned with about 300lbs of stuff in the backseat and trunk as Josh was moving at the time.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kee1pride
unfortunately this was the first thing that came to my mind when he posted curt's pass =\

No offense, but curt brown has tricks up his sleeves. Yes he did get mid 10's on a stock turbo, but i can bet almost 100% of regular people/tuners will not get a stock evo turbo to run 10's. Soo, he may have been able to get the 20GLT to run 9's

Either way, for the money it has to be a good deal.. most huge turbo kits only give you so much money/hp and you start to lose that edge when you get into the fancy kits. to me this seems so much more simple. sooner or later i will have one
Old Nov 28, 2006, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

TTP, why not comment? Youve played with it, youve tuned it, and we have only a video that doesnt really give us much to go by..not that I'm ungratefull for the link, just doesnt seem like i get any info outa it.

Now I thought the turbo was supposed to come with a better WGA

The turbo comes complete with a new wastegate actuator

I'm just not seeing any big power gains worth the $1700 as opposed to a proven kit. Pissing $1700 away for a 20whp gain over a real kit that would cost another $1k just seems foolish. I would love for someone to post something otherwise...

Maybe this is why buschur is pursuing a $2k 50 trim kit, as this turbo seems to be just another bolt on waste of $$, not that people wont buy it anyway, white rabit, 20g/6, etc..
Old Nov 28, 2006, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Its not pissing 1700 away. Your upgrading something that looks like the previous part you had before and makes a proven 40more whp than an ix turbo.

its a great platform for the sleeper car.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Man I wish someone would go to a Dynojet. Lay down some numbers, then go back with the turbo on there with a tune. That would make us all so happy :-)
Old Nov 28, 2006, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
No offense, but curt brown has tricks up his sleeves. Yes he did get mid 10's on a stock turbo, but i can bet almost 100% of regular people/tuners will not get a stock evo turbo to run 10's. Soo, he may have been able to get the 20GLT to run 9's

Either way, for the money it has to be a good deal.. most huge turbo kits only give you so much money/hp and you start to lose that edge when you get into the fancy kits. to me this seems so much more simple. sooner or later i will have one
yes but i'm saying both turbo's were on the exact same car and did the exact same thing. even if the stock one he used was ported and clipped to hell, we could all just do that for a couple hundred and ta da~
Old Nov 28, 2006, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

I think I need a better waste gate because the boost tapers pretty bad.
I would definitely like to hear more about this, there's no way that turbo should ship with an inadequate WGA.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

you all really need to look at the power curve of this turbo. if you want an all out drag turbo, then this is not the turbo for you. but if you want a turbo that is kick *** fun to drive daily at any speed or rpm, then this is what you want.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Where is this alleged 40whp more? If it did that, Id be interested, all i see is lethargic results posted on Forced Performances page about it, which I mentioned early.

I'm not looking for an all out drag turbo, but for $1700 it better be a significant gain, and it just doesnt sound like it is over a stock IX, and even less if you have a better WGA for your IX reducing the taper..
Old Nov 28, 2006, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

The turbo dose come with a NEW WGA. Its a new "stock" WGA.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Phalse
Now I thought the turbo was supposed to come with a better WGA

I'm just not seeing any big power gains worth the $1700 as opposed to a proven kit. Pissing $1700 away for a 20whp gain over a real kit that would cost another $1k just seems foolish. I would love for someone to post something otherwise...

Maybe this is why buschur is pursuing a $2k 50 trim kit, as this turbo seems to be just another bolt on waste of $$, not that people wont buy it anyway, white rabit, 20g/6, etc..
Originally Posted by Phalse
Where is this alleged 40whp more? If it did that, Id be interested, all i see is lethargic results posted on Forced Performances page about it, which I mentioned early.

I'm not looking for an all out drag turbo, but for $1700 it better be a significant gain, and it just doesnt sound like it is over a stock IX, and even less if you have a better WGA for your IX reducing the taper..
Finally, someone said it. I know a lot of people were thinking it but at least it is out in the open. It does seem awfully coincidental that days after this turbo was released and none of the advertised gains could be proven that a "new" 50 Trim kit is being introduced. And it's not like 50 trim kits are all that new now a days.

Yes, it was supposed to come with a new upgraded actuator but some how that has now become an upgrade option to this turbo.

And I agree, where is this proven 40whp? I haven't seen it...

I guess the guys from the 3SI camp are used to actual facts and gains provided when new parts are introduced...Most the sheep on this board are more willing to take the word of a "guru" with no facts to support them and even less desire to test the products the proper way they should be! Phalse, Thanks for posting what a lot of us are thinking!
Old Nov 28, 2006, 05:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by justchil
I'm not even sure what vmax is. You graph looks a lot better than mine.. is there something I'm missing to "spread it out" like yours? BTW this is a 20g-9 not the LT
Virtual top speed. Takes power and gearing into calculation and figures out what the possible top speed of the car would be.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Virtual top speed. Takes power and gearing into calculation and figures out what the possible top speed of the car would be.
Maybe it has something to do with me letting off in the ballpark of 6500rpm. I'm going to head out in about an hour and do a 7500-7800 pull just for kicks.

I'm OT here with this being the reg 9-5... do you think it would be worth a new thread even tho it's not in the spotlight any longer?

PS: I'm still game on testing a stock IX vs 9-5 vs 9-5LT... that is if someone wants to loan me the IX/LT turbo. I'll pay for the dyno results and post pics/graphs/videos

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing's new 20gLT, EVO Green turbos ready to be ordered.....