Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing's new 20gLT, EVO Green turbos ready to be ordered.....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2006, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont think we should waste our time or anyone elses by testing this turbo on a light bolt on car. It should be tested on a car with cams, upgraded intercooler, 02 housing, etc. Would you install a 50trim on stock cams and FMIC? Absolutely not. Bolting it on to a car with all that stock stuff is just going to hurt it and make unimpressive numbers. It needs to be tested on a FULL bolt-on EVO (like mine) to really see its potential on a flashed ECU.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
I dont think we should waste our time or anyone elses by testing this turbo on a light bolt on car. It should be tested on a car with cams, upgraded intercooler, 02 housing, etc. Would you install a 50trim on stock cams and FMIC? Absolutely not. Bolting it on to a car with all that stock stuff is just going to hurt it and make unimpressive numbers. It needs to be tested on a FULL bolt-on EVO (like mine) to really see its potential on a flashed ECU.
yes indeed. a car with stage 4 and 93 pump gas with a flash.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
/\ this is true, however you could do a test on a bone stock evo and then you could see a direct comparison of the stock turbo/old 20g9-5 vs new 20g9-5 lt....

Which is what happened last time and showed that the old 20g was good for about 30 whp over the stocker....

the results will be interesting indeed
Old Nov 7, 2006, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go big or go home
Old Nov 7, 2006, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

I too am interested in this turbo. However, I am not interested in inflated alchy or high octane numbers. I too would like to see 91-93 octane numbers along with a list of supporting mods (not everyone knows wht's on Mr. Buschurs car). This could give me a more realistic idea of this turbo performs.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

I do understand wanting numbers on a more normally-modded Evo, but I really don't understand why people want pump gas numbers. Why are you going to upgrade the turbo only to run pump gas and not tap into half the turbo's potential? That's very strange to me...
Old Nov 7, 2006, 06:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Not everyone runs race gas or meth every single day. It would be good to know what it could do at 20 psi on 94.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kmcconn9
/\ this is true, however you could do a test on a bone stock evo and then you could see a direct comparison of the stock turbo/old 20g9-5 vs new 20g9-5 lt....

Which is what happened last time and showed that the old 20g was good for about 30 whp over the stocker....

the results will be interesting indeed
I just dont think that would be worth doing. This is not a bolt on turbo upgrade for people with minimal mods.

As I said before, when a new 50trim kit comes out, they dont test it on a stock EVO and they dont test it on one with stock cams and FMIC.

The old 20G appears to have much less power potential since Buschur went 4mph faster with this turbo.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

It would likely be a waste of $1700 at 20psi. It would make good power, but it would leave tons of untapped potential. Do people really do that? I know not everyone runs meth or race gas every day, but those aren't the people who buy powerful turbos...
Old Nov 7, 2006, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Joe's_EVO8
Not everyone runs race gas or meth every single day. It would be good to know what it could do at 20 psi on 94.
True, not all run race gas everyday, as much as I would like to, I dont run race gas everyday. If "I" wanted the big pump gas numbers I would have got a 50 trim kit instead of a 3065. I like to feel the output in which the turbo was made for. Once you drive the turbo and feel it on race gas it will change your whole opinion on the setup your looking for, which is why i have gone through 2 turbo setups in the last 10 months.

I think this turbo should be tested on a couple setups, stock evo (for those who are willing to waste their money without going with all the bolt ons first), full bolt on pump gas, and full bolt on race gas/meth. We all know that DB will be testing this turbo on race and pump gas so whats the big deal anyways? If it makes 30-50whp over stock than its worth the money for sure!
Old Nov 7, 2006, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

would like to see some pump gas #s, i m sure 80% of the members here will want to run this turbo with pump gas.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 07:20 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The majority wants the holy grail... more power on the fuel they run daily. A safe estimate of Evo owners who will not run race gas or even alky would be about 85-90%. That is by far the majority of Evo owners. Just like the vast majority will run flashed OE ECUs. Really, how many times have we seen these threads turn into pissing and moaning events about pump "gas numbers" and "on a flashed ECU"?

That is because that is what the majority of the market runs, and the majority of the market wants. Whether it is the best choice, smart choice, or even realistic choice is utterly irrelevant. To be honest, I don't know why people always want to attempt to convince people to run race gas/alky when it is not going to happen.

So even though we should all know that pump gas/OE ECU numbers are not going to be stellar, and they are not a representation of the potential of the product. Improved numbers under those conditions ARE what the membership at large whats to see. They want to know what the product will do on the way to work as what it will do on race day with race fuel has already been spelled out. Hell who is going to cut a better time than Curt Brown?

I always pop into these threads and point this out because again, regardless of its merit, this is what the potential customers want... more power on pump gas as everyone knows what race gas/AEM will get you.

I guess I'm just as tired of people refuting the idea of running a larger turbo on pump gas as I am of people wanting to do so...

Last edited by Zeus; Nov 7, 2006 at 07:25 AM.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

^^^^^^ Nicely said
Old Nov 7, 2006, 07:27 AM

Is this turbo a bolt-on application and does it look stock?

NorCal car.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 07:28 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't think I'm taking sides in this issue per se... I find both camps can be equally ridiculous in their expectations. I'm just pointing out the obvious that no one can seem to see.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing's new 20gLT, EVO Green turbos ready to be ordered.....