Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing's new 20gLT, EVO Green turbos ready to be ordered.....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2006, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you guys dont like the price... simple. DONT BUY IT

Sure you can have a 3065 kit for $1200 more but does everyone want a 5000rpm lag turbo? I sure dont. $1700 for a BOLT ON turbo upgrade that has serious potential on pump and race gas, I think its worth it.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
It never ends does it?

Get this through to some of your brains. The 20g-9-5 turbo we have offered was tested on my car, which has everything we offer on it. The car ran 11.11 at 124 mph. Another customer of ours that just has a basic Stage 4 set up, running pump gas and alky ran 11.2 at 124 mph. This was stock engine, stock head, reflash etc.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A COMPLETELY BUILT ENGINE AND A STOCK ONE IS MINIMAL AS IN NO GAINS TO SPEAK OF.

I don't know how many times I have to type the same thing to come back to read the same "complaints and excuses". It is very annoying.

We will test on pump gas. We will test on more stock EVO's. We do not own stock EVO's here, there are 8 EVO's owned here and everyone of them is built, everyone has an AEM EMS on it. I am not converting a car over to "stock" to do a test. It is stupid, rediculous and not going to happen.

The pump gas results are going to be lower numbers and slower ET's. The less mods you have the slower your car is generally going to be. IF you have a bunch of crap on your car that you bought for the lowest prices it is going to make less power too. No turbo is going to fix a load of **** for parts.

I will post dyno graphs from this turbo as results come in from it. Testing on cars that don't exist here though is impossible. Testing on California 91 from us is impossible. Testing with ebay'd knock off, homebuilt parts is impossible for us.

Sorry for the rant. I grow tired of this stuff from time to time.
STOP TESTING YOUR NEW PRODUCTS ON CARS THAT DO NOT RESEMBLE WHAT 90% OF YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE DRIVING AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM.

It's that simple. I don't understand why you continue to bi*ch about something that you have control over and continue to repeat. Most people do not run revolver or jun cams on a stage 3 ported head, you do. Most people will not run an aem, you do. If you are trying to sell a turbo to yourself, you've done a good job. With all of the turbo flops that have happened in the past several years (yours included), everyone is weary of bolton turbo promises and premature releases.

If you don't want to hear these comments in the future then stop making the same mistakes. Develop a product for a market, test the product within the market, and then sell the proven product to consumers. It's not that difficult. Blame yourself for the need to rant...
Old Nov 7, 2006, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

The turbo comes with an upgraded wastegate actuator and a modified 10.5 hotside....DB
Old Nov 7, 2006, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LpBevoEvo
STOP TESTING YOUR NEW PRODUCTS ON CARS THAT DO NOT RESEMBLE WHAT 90% OF YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE DRIVING AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM.

It's that simple. I don't understand why you continue to bi*ch about something that you have control over and continue to repeat. Most people do not run revolver or jun cams on a stage 3 ported head, you do. Most people will not run an aem, you do. If you are trying to sell a turbo to yourself, you've done a good job. With all of the turbo flops that have happened in the past several years (yours included), everyone is weary of bolton turbo promises and premature releases.

If you don't want to hear these comments in the future then stop making the same mistakes. Develop a product for a market, test the product within the market, and then sell the proven product to consumers. It's not that difficult. Blame yourself for the need to rant...
+1
Old Nov 7, 2006, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

I think Dave was reffering to the fact that with the older EVO 20G's there was no huge difference in power or ET's/trap speeds between his built car and his customers' cars on his dyno, even his customers with milder cams and stock ECU's.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
If you guys dont like the price... simple. DONT BUY IT

Sure you can have a 3065 kit for $1200 more but does everyone want a 5000rpm lag turbo? I sure dont. $1700 for a BOLT ON turbo upgrade that has serious potential on pump and race gas, I think its worth it.
we will see how much potential it has on pump in a few months.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

I would have to agree with this quote..
Old Nov 7, 2006, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

is there an upgrade for existing evo 9 turbos?
Old Nov 7, 2006, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car is aggressively DynoFlashed with stock ecu, 3 " Buschur Vband tbe, ported hotside and O2 housing, HKS exhaust cam (to be changed to the Cosworth Intake/Exhaust), ARP head bolts, heat wrapped downpipe and hotside, etc. Recently added water/methanol injection controlled by boost and airflow. Boost is currently set to 29 psi and it flies. Look forward to the new 20GLT and injector change to 680's, Cosworth cams. Al is coming to OKC and we'll tune it again when he gets here. This is modded about midway from a stocker to a race only and we're very pleased with the Buschur parts. I really don't understand why so many people question the FEW people who are doing their best to offer quality parts at reasonable prices. Without DB doing what he does, we'd all still be in the dark trying to figure out what even works, much less what works GREAT. I have another brand new RS coming and it will be going straight to Buschur Racing as well. But this one won't be midway between stock and race, if you get what I mean.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe I should slap this bad-boy on my car, to see what it would do.....hmmmmmmmmmm
Old Nov 7, 2006, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 9sec9
Without DB doing what he does, we'd all still be in the dark trying to figure out what even works, much less what works GREAT.

I rely on other members that post their results to get me out of the dark.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

Well put, but I don't think he'll get it.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yellowEVO21
True...but keep in mind that people will be willing to pay this for a bolt-on turbo that gets great pump gas numbers, hits 20psi by 3500, and run's 10.5's at the track on race gas (albeit this was curt brown's time).

if the above holds true for this turbo, the fact that it flows 38/lbs per min and is non BB might be inconsequential for some people.
Ok .. but keep this in mind I doubt your average driver will be able to hit 10's with this turbo. Beside Curt Brown I dont see anyone else hittting 10's with the stock turbo. I am just a bit skeptical. Remember the big hype with the white rabbit. We will have to wait and see. Understand for $1350 you can by a gt35r. The suby guys can get an FP Green for $1400, now that turbo has been proven and it flows 49lbs and is a bolt on. Again I guess we will have to wait and see. It sounds to me like a magical turbo (best of both worlds).

Last edited by WrX Kila; Nov 7, 2006 at 03:10 PM.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I do understand wanting numbers on a more normally-modded Evo, but I really don't understand why people want pump gas numbers. Why are you going to upgrade the turbo only to run pump gas and not tap into half the turbo's potential? That's very strange to me...
so true i look to run atleast some 104 octane as much as possible f#*k pump gas there is no power to be had there
Old Nov 7, 2006, 03:09 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WrX Kila
Beside Curt Brown I dont see anyone else hittting 10's with the stock turbo.
Hey now....

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing's new 20gLT, EVO Green turbos ready to be ordered.....