Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACT HDSS/Gruppe-S Flywheel Review

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
ACT HDSS/Gruppe-S Flywheel Review

I ordered an ACT clutch/Gruppe-S flywheel package a couple weeks ago... got the clutch in a day and a half, the flywheel in like 3 days. Well, I just got done breaking in the clutch and started getting my boost set back to 23psi... the clutch and flywheel made a HUGE difference. The clutch grabs without mercy and the flywheel gets the revs going much quicker and also makes it easier to rev-match and heel-toe. The pedal feels the same as stock... for people complaining about pedal pressure, you must have a weak left leg.

I would reccomend this kit to anyone looking for a good package at a low cost. I'll post more thoughts on the kit once I get some launches in and after using it for a while.

Also, any questions regarding the install, please feel free to ask. We spent a week doing it (due to a PITA throwout bearing that did NOT come out) and everything is still fresh on my mind.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much did the install cost?
Old Nov 9, 2006, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Sounds to me like he did it himself.

Good news though. I was considering this kit in the future, and I'm interested to know if it holds up over time with a few launches here and there.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you for the review, I've alway wondered about that combo. Good post.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks. The install cost chicken and beer. Even if I gave you a price though, it would be like twice as much out here than the mainland. It's around $1000 to get it done out here, whereas the mainland I've seen it for under $500.

For anyone thinking about doing this themselves, it's much easier than you think... just don't let more than two friends help you (keeps you from losing ****), make sure you have the proper tools from the get-go, and make sure you got sandwich bags and a sharpie to keep all your bolts seperated. AND MAKE SURE TO TORQUE EVERYTHING YOURSELF!!!
Old Nov 11, 2006, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
I ordered an ACT clutch/Gruppe-S flywheel package a couple weeks ago... got the clutch in a day and a half, the flywheel in like 3 days. Well, I just got done breaking in the clutch and started getting my boost set back to 23psi... the clutch and flywheel made a HUGE difference. The clutch grabs without mercy and the flywheel gets the revs going much quicker and also makes it easier to rev-match and heel-toe. The pedal feels the same as stock... for people complaining about pedal pressure, you must have a weak left leg.

I would reccomend this kit to anyone looking for a good package at a low cost. I'll post more thoughts on the kit once I get some launches in and after using it for a while.

Also, any questions regarding the install, please feel free to ask. We spent a week doing it (due to a PITA throwout bearing that did NOT come out) and everything is still fresh on my mind.

Did you get the HDSS or XTSS and what BHP and FtLb are you runnin
Old Nov 12, 2006, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

I got the HDSS... I haven't dyno'd yet, but I'm positive I'm under 350 to the wheels. I dyno next Sunday.