Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

anti lag in japan

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2010, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i know this is an old thread but if you can get a hold of the parts it will work. you would need to switch to a rom with the sas tables. i have had it working on my 03' in the past. It seems to help smooth the driving out a bit. you will get pops and bangs and the occasional flame. didn't really notice it help with spool up though
Old Jan 1, 2011, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

i got my pipes, manny, valve and selenoid.. but i want to know how to run the vac lines to the valve and selenoid.. also just making a brain storm in my mind. i think that the valve should be opened till 10psi of boost so the uicp can send some air to the manny and speed up the turbo. when it pass the 10psi it should close and let it run with exhaust air.. if so, i could use a press switch and adj it till 10psi and use a relay to control the vac selenoid to open and close.. what do you think guys?
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:01 AM
Evolving Member

i can try till 5psi also..
Old Jan 2, 2011, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

I ran the vac lines from the line that goes to the blow off valve into the vacuum canister then from there to the solinoid then to the valve. I also had a one way check valve between the vac line off the blow off valve and the vacuum canister.

As far as setting how much boost it will build or when it shuts off I don't know. It only opens for a second from the factory settings. I guess you could set it to stay open longer but you might need a bigger vacuum canister to hold the valve open. I don't think you would want it open when you start building boost as the ecu would be adding fuel for the extra air and you would be feeding some of it down to the manifold.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4wdrifter
I ran the vac lines from the line that goes to the blow off valve into the vacuum canister then from there to the solinoid then to the valve. I also had a one way check valve between the vac line off the blow off valve and the vacuum canister.

As far as setting how much boost it will build or when it shuts off I don't know. It only opens for a second from the factory settings. I guess you could set it to stay open longer but you might need a bigger vacuum canister to hold the valve open. I don't think you would want it open when you start building boost as the ecu would be adding fuel for the extra air and you would be feeding some of it down to the manifold.
where can i see a picture of the canister? any place to get the stock one? where should it goes on the engine bay? crane cams makes one to build vac when u use race cams to help the brakes.. but i would like a stock setup.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

I will try to get a pic of mine for you. I had it set by the intake with the solenoid. In stock form those are both under the intake manifold. I also have my battery in the trunk so I have plenty of extra room. Also on the cars that came with SAS hardware stock there is a vacuum port on the intake mani for this. Since yours didn't come with it you have to find vacuum somewhere else. There is also a thread on here labeled SAS hardware. I would tag it but I'm on my phone. Check it out. You will find pretty much everything you need to know there. That thread got mine up and running.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4wdrifter
I will try to get a pic of mine for you. I had it set by the intake with the solenoid. In stock form those are both under the intake manifold. I also have my battery in the trunk so I have plenty of extra room. Also on the cars that came with SAS hardware stock there is a vacuum port on the intake mani for this. Since yours didn't come with it you have to find vacuum somewhere else. There is also a thread on here labeled SAS hardware. I would tag it but I'm on my phone. Check it out. You will find pretty much everything you need to know there. That thread got mine up and running.
I got a custome intake manny with a lot of vac holes to use.. You can check my car at super street magazine, december edition
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you know the part number of the sas solenoid ?
All of the evo 9 has vacum tank ? or only RS and which has the SAS ?
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

I have no idea the part numbers. I got the whole set up from a guy in europe. Every Evo overseas comes with the whole set up. Its just not active. I will have to get to a computer to upload the pic of the vac canister. Its pretty much the same solenoid as your wastegate solenoid. In fact you can use that one if you want. It only needs to release the vacuum out of the canister to suck the valve open
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the stock "antilag" system and want to get one too ! Drill up banjos and useing custom bigger lines..
Old Jan 2, 2011, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

Im using one that has the bungs, and im using a gt35 but i want to finish the antylag system
Old Jan 2, 2011, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
it's o uncool that it comes "deactivated" from the factory I have a JDM RS with the whole SAS system, anyone know how to activate it so I get the "pops and bangs"
Old Jan 2, 2011, 02:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
U could make the canister from a coffee can.. PCV valve and not much more. You could get fancy but its SO simple . A super real easy way is use a air pump solenoid from a subie and use a relay instead of the sas solenoid . Just sayin... limitless options
Old Jan 2, 2011, 02:51 PM
EvoM Guru

Subie air pump solenoid have a one inch barn inlet, a giant valve seat and even a reed valve .. ask me how I know
Old Jan 2, 2011, 02:51 PM
EvoM Guru

Subie air pump solenoid have a one inch barn inlet, a giant valve seat and even a reed valve .. ask me how I know .. even has the same hard piping like evo sas

Quick Reply: anti lag in japan