Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

alcohol injection tank upgrade? What do u have?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2006 | 08:47 PM
Former Sponsor

alcohol injection tank upgrade? What do u have?

i just ordered the snow performace kit and it comes with a tiny tank. i do a lot of driving everyday and i dont want to fill it up every morning before i leave.

i didnt want to share the windshield wiper fluid tank because im **** about keeping the windshield clean and use it alot everyday so that would be a waste of alcohol

i dont know who sells a tank that fits similar to the windshield wiper tank but for the drivers side

or just a larger tank that i can mount

pics or links from where u bought it from would be great

CHEERS!
Old Nov 13, 2006 | 11:26 PM
Former Sponsor

bump!
Old Nov 13, 2006 | 11:34 PM
Former Sponsor

time to sleep!!

leave me some links!
Old Nov 13, 2006 | 11:53 PM
Pocket Mo

That tiny tank can last a long time if you're not stomping on the pedal every minute of everyday. EvolvinEvo, when he was getting a custom tune by Jestr, only went through a 1/4 of his tank after several dyno pulls.
Old Nov 14, 2006 | 05:31 AM
Former Sponsor

problem is i do a lot of highway driving... so im pretty much always in boost...80-90 mph...

cheers!
Old Nov 14, 2006 | 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

but at that speed its not enough boost for alky to kick in. depending on the tuner and what you want alky will kick in anywhere from 10-20 psi. i remember someone saying depending on how you drive a gallon of meth/alky will last a couple gas fill ups before it needs to be refilled
Old Nov 14, 2006 | 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Mine holds around a gallon and at a track day I was using half of that in a 20-30 minute session. Otherwise, I can go weeks without filling it.
Old Nov 14, 2006 | 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

It's a bit bigger, but try going to a jr dragster fuel cell if you don't mind mounting it elsewhere like in the trunk. Something like this could work: http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0018_-1_279853 Hope this helps.
Old Nov 14, 2006 | 04:45 PM
Former Sponsor

bump
Old Nov 14, 2006 | 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
i just ordered the snow performace kit and it comes with a tiny tank. i do a lot of driving everyday and i dont want to fill it up every morning before i leave.

i didnt want to share the windshield wiper fluid tank because im **** about keeping the windshield clean and use it alot everyday so that would be a waste of alcohol

i dont know who sells a tank that fits similar to the windshield wiper tank but for the drivers side

or just a larger tank that i can mount

pics or links from where u bought it from would be great

CHEERS!
I threw the first stone with the one gallon tank completely concealed on the trunk. I was one of the first customers to actually fit a fully concealed trunk mounted one gallon tank on a 05 Evo.

Previously it was only the 03 Evo stock mounted IC spraying reservoir or the ugly as hell 2.5 gallon tank mounted in top of the trunk tray with ugly metal straps and exposing all the wires, needles to say it was also a compromise of lugagge. At the time the 2.5gallon tank was the primary seller .

Not only the 2.5 galon tank was ugly but also over killed. In average I refill my one gallon tank every 3-5 gas tanks. I can see the benefit of the 2.5 galon tank only if you are racing the car on boost for a long time other than that for the average driver with the average set up(nozzle number #7) the one gallon tank will be more than sufficient.

A 2.5 gallon of methanol lasted me about 4 month but in reality it all depends on much much and how often you boost plus what size nozzle you use.

My confident vote goes for the 1 gallon tank. It has proven to be more than sufficient for my driving style(shared by 95% of the people on this forum)

just my .2c

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Nov 14, 2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2006 | 05:38 PM
Former Sponsor

bump
Old Nov 14, 2006 | 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

You should call the guys at Snow Performance and ask them, because I don't think you should be trying to randomly use some other tank not designed to go with their kit. Like Carlos, I use the awesome 1-gal tank in the SMC kit that fits in the driver's side rear wheel well. It is 100% concealed, and like bullfrg, I barely use half of it in a 25-min road racing session.

blackevoguy, I'm not sure you really understand. Yes, the alky should be made to activate progressively as boost increased and should start at a pre-determined psi, but why would you think that he wouldn't be boosting enough to activate the alky on the highway? We don't drive around at less than 10psi - that's not how the Evo works. You're either on the boost or not. He said he pretty much boosts all the time, so he will definitely be sucking the alky down if he is going WOT in higher gears everyday.

My 1-gal tank lasts me 2-3 weeks of daily driving - sometimes more.
Old Nov 14, 2006 | 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

I also use the 2 quart Snow Performance kit running 30 psi boost and several mods. My son drove it from Dallas to Oklahoma City (240 miles) and it only used about 15 % of the tank. That was with normal highway driving at 70-75 miles per hour. Volume isn't that much of a problem with even the 2 qt tank.
Old Nov 14, 2006 | 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

9sec9, that would mean he wasn't boosting hardly ever during the trip. Mileage isn't really relevant - it's how often you are mashing the gas.
Old Nov 14, 2006 | 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

That 's my point. Highway miles don't use much boost, therefore, not much volume is needed on the meth tank.

Quick Reply: alcohol injection tank upgrade? What do u have?