Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Blowthrough w/GM MAF installed....finally

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2006, 01:59 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
There may be a throttle tip-in mode on the MAFT, if you find its too rich, you should lower or disable it. The Evo has its own Tip-in enrichment which could explain what your seeing.

My setup doesn't use a tip-in enrichment.

But, at least now you can understand why I spent so much time getting everything dialed in..

Also, don't forget your MAF tables in the ECU, the adjustments in there are somewhat for what your trying to work through.

For me, Adjusting my setup so it most closely matches the stock sensor, eliminated the time involved in readjusting everything else. Since my primary focus was the ability to swap in and out a stock MAF. So keeping the aftermarket setup calibrated as closely to the stock one was my primary concern.

Like I said in another thread.. 80% of tuning a car is about drivability, making peak power is actually the easiest part of the job. Producing good, safe, reliable power, while keeping the car from feeling like a lightswitch is quite a bit more difficult.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was wondering about the MAF tables and see that they are in g/sec. So if I lower the value I am making that part richer, correct?

Tip-in is a bit beeter with adjusting the Accel Enrich tables, I can tell you one thing a little adjustment is alot of fuel being moved around
Old Dec 10, 2006, 08:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dryad001
I was wondering about the MAF tables and see that they are in g/sec. So if I lower the value I am making that part richer, correct?

Tip-in is a bit beeter with adjusting the Accel Enrich tables, I can tell you one thing a little adjustment is alot of fuel being moved around
I think another member observed that it can't actually be g/s because the number doesn't jive with the MAF reading..

The value itself isn't that important, the easiest thing to do is to take the 30hz one, and raise/lower the value, see what it does.. My car is almost dead-on and didn't require this level of adjustment, my idle is the only area I need to focus on at some point.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Alright Ive been getting a lot of PMs about this over the last few weeks and some intresting questions.
If you are using the fullthrottle blowthrough translator you will need to readjust some things in the Ecu to get this to work smoothly.

First off I am using precision 780cc injectors. it's also been found out that 880cc injectors can use the same setting but will a bit leaner.

First off open the box up and make sure all 4 dip switched are set to OFF which is the down position. Now these settings have worked on 2 different vechicles, it might not work on yours but its a good start.

AUX C
BASE 0
IDLE 8
MID 1
WOT 0

Now back to the ECU settings.
Injector scaling 665
latency:
11v .888
14v .672

This will give a pretty good idle and cruise trims to start off with. Im sure the engine will still need some adjustment after some driving with these settings but make sure you log every possible second you are in the car. This way you can see how the trims will react in different driving conditions.

If anyone has any other questions please ask on this thread since the info about this product will continue to grow.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 04:25 AM
Evolved Member

Today is the day to start tuning. I finally got my SMC pump installed and is working perfectly again. Hopefully Ill have a better review of the entire blowthrough system with boost.

Stay tuned.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alright Ive been getting a lot of PMs about this over the last few weeks and some intresting questions.
If you are using the fullthrottle blowthrough translator you will need to readjust some things in the Ecu to get this to work smoothly.

First off I am using precision 780cc injectors. it's also been found out that 880cc injectors can use the same setting but will a bit leaner.

First off open the box up and make sure all 4 dip switched are set to OFF which is the down position. Now these settings have worked on 2 different vechicles, it might not work on yours but its a good start.

AUX C
BASE 0
IDLE 8
MID 1
WOT 0

Now back to the ECU settings.
Injector scaling 665
latency:
11v .888
14v .672

This will give a pretty good idle and cruise trims to start off with. Im sure the engine will still need some adjustment after some driving with these settings but make sure you log every possible second you are in the car. This way you can see how the trims will react in different driving conditions.

If anyone has any other questions please ask on this thread since the info about this product will continue to grow.
Thanks alot this is exactly what I was looking for to start with. I had to set my mode switch for a 3.5 inch maf for it to idle, even if its at 19.1 on my wideband.
(Maf-T, GM 3" maf, precision 880cc, GT35R and stock ECU) still need to tune it.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 05:32 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by golruss
Thanks alot this is exactly what I was looking for to start with. I had to set my mode switch for a 3.5 inch maf for it to idle, even if its at 19.1 on my wideband.
(Maf-T, GM 3" maf, precision 880cc, GT35R and stock ECU) still need to tune it.
So if my car is tuned already for 780cc injectors, i just simply need to put all 4 tabs down?
Old Jun 1, 2008, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Done
So if my car is tuned already for 780cc injectors, i just simply need to put all 4 tabs down?
Didn't even know this thread was still going. I think you will still need to tune the idle and base injectors in regardless of what your ECU map looks like. I have since moved away from the MAFT and into the ECU+.

It's a damn shame that the ECU+ isn't made anymore. The only reason I changed over is for the logging capabilities the ECU+ has. Evoscan IMO is garbage and far too glitchy. I can log any MUT protocol with the ECU+ and change the ECU map as well. So the fueling and timing thats embedded in the ECU+ I don't use. Once I get my laptop running again Ill make a new thread for the ECU+ people.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 06:58 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn't even know this thread was still going. I think you will still need to tune the idle and base injectors in regardless of what your ECU map looks like. I have since moved away from the MAFT and into the ECU+.

It's a damn shame that the ECU+ isn't made anymore. The only reason I changed over is for the logging capabilities the ECU+ has. Evoscan IMO is garbage and far too glitchy. I can log any MUT protocol with the ECU+ and change the ECU map as well. So the fueling and timing thats embedded in the ECU+ I don't use. Once I get my laptop running again Ill make a new thread for the ECU+ people.
yeah im trying to use the GM MAf just for MAF reasons.

Im still tuning it with ecuflash.