Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

evo exhaust choice

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2003, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems to be that companies really don't want to mix and match. Of course I know that they can't cover everything because it really isn't there spot to. But I am looking to possibly get JIC exhaust. I know that JIC won't be coming out with XEDE, or a reflashed ECU. So this is leaving me puzzled, that should I be ok to buy the XEDE or a reflashed ECU and still expect close to the same gains. Instead of buying full kits??
Old May 21, 2003, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Obsoleteasian
It seems to be that companies really don't want to mix and match. Of course I know that they can't cover everything because it really isn't there spot to. But I am looking to possibly get JIC exhaust. I know that JIC won't be coming out with XEDE, or a reflashed ECU. So this is leaving me puzzled, that should I be ok to buy the XEDE or a reflashed ECU and still expect close to the same gains. Instead of buying full kits??
I think any exhaust can be used efficiently with a generic map from XEDE or better yet, with a dyno tuned e-manage. I'm waiting for a harness extender, then I'm going to get the e-manage and tune it with the stock exhaust or maybe get this catback: http://groups.msn.com/Autopartsfromm...oto&PhotoID=12 and tune the e-manage for it.